Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Looks like 3rd candidate is Alex Neil.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]One interesting thing to note is Accies train/play on a plastic pitch and this has been given as a reason for them playing the way they do (and also being a bit of an advantage when visiting teams turn up, so they could be in a bit of a false position).[/quote]They''ve won 6 games at home this season, and 6 games away as well, so his team can obviously play a bit on normal turf as well [;)]

[quote user="thas a rummun"][quote user="Mr Apples"]One interesting thing to note is Accies train/play on a plastic pitch and this has been given as a reason for them playing the way they do (and also being a bit of an advantage when visiting teams turn up, so they could be in a bit of a false position).[/quote]

They''ve won 6 games at home this season, and 6 games away as well, so his team can obviously play a bit on normal turf as well [;)]
[/quote]

Football is all about the ball, the type of grass isn''t important.

Totally agree Rumman/TC, not necessarily my view but one stated in relation to plastic pitches. If anything, these pitches promote faster football, sharper passing, higher pressing and better ball control (which may be a home advantage (as other teams arent used to the surface) but also an away advantage as the players learn to play in a cohesive unit with short, fast, well controlled passing! [;)]

No reason this cannot be translated to normal surfaces [:D]

Apples

Neil took over Accies at at time our previous manager had gone very stale, I think he won 6 out of the remaining 8 games and that season playing In the Scottish championship, this is the league that Accies probably belong in terms of a historical position of the club.

In his 1st full season we made some really good signings, got rid of a bit of dead wood and had a really good season, pushing Dundee all the way in the title race ( resource wise they are a much bigger club)

We went into the playoffs defeating Falkirk over two legs the. Took on Hibs, again over two legs, a poor home showing was soon forgotten when we beat them 2-0 on ther on patch, and the job was done in a penalty shootout.

This season Neil has made some brave decisions, and brought in stronger players again on a budget that''s a fraction of our rivals who trail us by just shy of 30 points.

We have beat Celtic on their park, thumped Motherwell home and away, beat Aberdeen by 3 and several other really good results, all under Sir Alex leadership.

I appreciate Norwich is a step up and a big one for him but he certainly deserves a move.

His biggest task will be gaining respect from higher profile players and also identifying players to recruit.

He has done this at Accies but it''s a different level in the championship

Neil is a gamble but at least his ''short'' record is impressive.

Oscar Garcia, McCoist etc have a bigger profile but they have been failures, warnock has achieved in past years but appears past it.I know who I would rather take a chance on.

If sir Alex does go, accies fans will be gutted but equally delighted for the man.

Aw the best.

Dav1dson wrote: "I appreciate Norwich is a step up and a big one for him but he certainly deserves a move. "

Nice post D and thank you. Funny how some think it HAS to be a known name to guarantee success. Like Roeder? I recall a few years back there was quite a lot of support for Paul Ince. Fact is at this stage of the season few English really successful managers are going to jump ship and trek right out in the sticks to join Norwich (why should they?) - and those deep in the bottom half of the table(s) are every bit a risk. But Norwich is undoubtedly a step up for some of the Scottish managers - just our home gate alone must be tempting. McNally chose Lambert and if he should choose Neil then I for one will give him the thumbs up. After all, what do I know?