Sign in to follow this  
Julian

I cannot believe this !!!!

If im thinking who is this bloke and what the hell is going on then what are the players thinking!!! Now if it was say Neil Lennon being touted like this ......:

[quote user="Julian"]If im thinking who is this bloke and what the hell is going on then what are the players thinking!!! Now if it was say Neil Lennon being touted like this ......:[/quote]

Stuff what the players think.   It''s their job to play football. If they don''t like it they can always be moved on, loaned out or sit on the sidelines, its up to them.

If they are genuinely the ''best squad in the division'', they''ll be thinking something along the lines of how they''ve let down two managers already and should really start bucking their ideas up and earning their over-inflated wages.

Lake District

Compleely agree to many think they are a wee bit better than the rest of us think

Do you twitter LDC ? I guess not , as Darren Eadie has just tweeted " never mind what the press and fans think , it''s only important what the players think "

Now that coming from an ex player would suggest that it is probably more important than YOU think ?

Risky but so was Lambert and we all know what happened there.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Do you twitter LDC ? I guess not , as Darren Eadie has just tweeted " never mind what the press and fans think , it''s only important what the players think "

Now that coming from an ex player would suggest that it is probably more important than YOU think ?[/quote]

Coming from an ex-player - it is what you would expect.   But the club belongs to the fans and fans divest huge amounts of time, devotion and money  to watch THEIR club - and that includes me (albeit on a lesser level than some).    The players are paid to play.  Too much molly coddling and pandering to rich play boy egos gos on in football for their own good.  Let them get on with it  and show us what they are made of.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Julian"]If im thinking who is this bloke and what the hell is going on then what are the players thinking!!! Now if it was say Neil Lennon being touted like this ......:[/quote]

Stuff what the players think.   It''s their job to play football. If they don''t like it they can always be moved on, loaned out or sit on the sidelines, its up to them.[/quote]That''s where my head''s at the moment. If AN does get the job and spills a bit of blood on the carpet in order to shape this rabble up, that''s fine by me.I''m as equally pissed off by the players as I was with Hughton and Adams to be honest.

In all honesty if i saw what he had achieved already, as a player i would be thinking he must be some miracle worker and i want to be a part of that.

if the new manager is good enough then the players who think they are to good for us can ship out ! not many of them have achieved `great heights so if they don''t like the new way of working they have a choice stay and work harder or ship out

A good choice. Will get the best out of the players, or at least will give the players a chance to show if they belong at the club. Expect to see younger/fringe players getting their chance. Hamilton are a revelation in the SPL, looking forward to the rest of the season with much expectation. OTBC.

I can''t believe the negativity surrounding this appointment! We''ve gone for someone young, hungry who is making a name for himself, gets more than expected out of players, fast, direct, pressing football, young, takes no sh!t from players, will work within any structure and as he hasn''t got an established team yet would work with Phelan. A year and a half''s experience in the job where he''s been nothing but a success at a tiny club with no money etc

He is so much more of a better choice than Warnock, Sherwood or Phelan and could potentially be excellent! Have we learned nothing from Lambert''s appointment? Yes it''s a gamble, all appointments are a gamble but this guy is exactly what we need and while he could be a disaster (the same as any appointment) he could potentially be brilliant!

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]Risky but so was Lambert and we all know what happened there.[/quote]Hang on a second, Lambert was not only a top player with a Champions Winners League medal to his name, but he''d already amassed 4 years experience by working his way up from Livingston in Scotland, to League Two level with Wycombe, to League One with Colchester and then to us.Whereas Alex Neil played the highest level football in his career at Barnsley, has never been anywhere near a top club or competed at the highest levels and has just a single year of management under his belt in what many of us would agree is a pretty poor league by football standards.It''s not even a sensible comparison, in fact the only way it would even have been vaguely similar would have been if we''d appointed Lambert just after he''d resigned from Livingston, at which point he''d have had the same sort of managerial experience as Neil, but with a vastly more impressive and relevant playing career to draw from as well...

Paul Lambert was a complete flop at Livingston. I believe their record run of defeats came under him. Lambert as a player was obviously top class and you can''t compare their careers however Neil has played at the highest level in Scotland and your current level in England. He has only played about 8 games this season through injury (he''s been plagued by injury for several years) but when he has played he has strolled through the games.

I know Scottish football is sneered at, but for the size of country it is not too bad. Only last season another small club, St Johnstone knocked Rosenborg out of Europe and this season knocked out FC Luzern of Switzerland. I doubt many League One sides (many seem to equate SPL with this level) would beat these sides or come away from Celtic with three points.

[quote user="accie"]He has only played about 8 games this season through injury (he''s been plagued by injury for several years) but when he has played he has strolled through the games.[/quote]Sounds like he''d fit in quite naturally as one of our midfielders, then... [:)]