Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

What Do You Rckon Then Newton ?

After covering this messageboard with his anti Delia rants claiming along the way that she always get her way in the boardroom due to her shareholding we obviously will not get Alex Neil as our next manager. McNally is after all just her puppet who does as she says no matter what advice he gives her.

This approach for the man from Hamilton has McNally''s fingerprints all over it in my view because nobody will convince me that Delia, MWJ,Stephen Fry or Stefan Philips had heard of Alex Neil up until a couple of days ago.

If he gets the job Newton''s theory goes right out of the window unless of course just for the once Delia has taken advice which of course she never does hey Newton. [;)]

More importantly what does Nutty say, seen as how all the bad IS NEVER DELIA, even though it''s now common knowledge she chose adam''s and has decided finally that she''s not got a clue and has chose to let McRiskitforabiscuit take a "punt"

There''s posters who we do like, there''s posters who we don''t, then there''s posters in the middle. Either way, it''s best not to get too caught up in individuals and start personal threads, there''s no need for it, however just my opinion.

This definitely has McNally all over it as did Adams have Smith and Jones all over it.

[quote user="JF"]This definitely has McNally all over it as did Adams have Smith and Jones all over it.[/quote]Unless it goes belly up,then it has Delia''s hands all over it. Or something like that.Maybe some of you should ask Delia why she''s paid millions to McNally when it''s clear he''s done feck all since appointing Lambert.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="JF"]This definitely has McNally all over it as did Adams have Smith and Jones all over it.[/quote]Unless it goes belly up,then it has Delia''s hands all over it. Or something like that.Maybe some of you should ask Delia why she''s paid millions to McNally when it''s clear he''s done feck all since appointing Lambert.[/quote]

Yep waaaaayyyyy too early for that judgement to be made Herman.

In all seriousness though, do you reckon folk believe all that old tosh or do they just do it for wind up value....

[quote user="mrs miggins"]There''s posters who we do like, there''s posters who we don''t, then there''s posters in the middle.[/quote]Oooh, you little minx.

This anti Delia agenda some of our incredibly thick fans have is unreal! McNally has been 100% responsible for every managerial appointment and sacking since he walked through the door!

You lot really are pathetic, I''ve heard so many rumours from people that are complete and utter nonsense but anything to bash our passive majority shareholder! Lies like Lambert left because it was discovered he was sleeping with Delia is something I''ve heard a few times from people who can barely speak they''re so thick. She''s blocking investors from coming in because she''s a tyrannical queen who won''t let anyone else touch her ''plaything'' is another steaming pile of excrement I''ve heard come out of yokels mouths etc.

Get a life for fu(k sake!

Darth Catbeard wrote the following post at 07/01/2015 8:26 PM:

This anti Delia agenda some of our incredibly thick fans have is unreal! McNally has been 100% responsible for every managerial appointment and sacking since he walked through the door!

You lot really are pathetic, I''ve heard so many rumours from people that are complete and utter nonsense but anything to bash our passive majority shareholder! Lies like Lambert left because it was discovered he was sleeping with Delia is something I''ve heard a few times from people who can barely speak they''re so thick. She''s blocking investors from coming in because she''s a tyrannical queen who won''t let anyone else touch her ''plaything'' is another steaming pile of excrement I''ve heard come out of yokels mouths etc.

Get a life for fu(k sake!

Lol. I was trying to catch a different fish but you are a lot more fun. Thanks!

[quote user="mrs miggins"]well that''s a weight off my mind[/quote]Did you have a dump?  Boom tish!(And why are ''you'' cuddling up to what looks like an Aston Villa pillow?)

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 07/01/2015 6:00 PM:

After covering this message board with his anti Delia rants claiming along the way that she always get her way in the boardroom due to her shareholding we obviously will not get Alex Neil as our next manager. McNally is after all just her puppet who does as she says no matter what advice he gives her.

This approach for the man from Hamilton has McNally''s fingerprints all over it in my view because nobody will convince me that Delia, MWJ,Stephen Fry or Stefan Philips had heard of Alex Neil up until a couple of days ago.

If he gets the job Newton''s theory goes right out of the window unless of course just for the once Delia has taken advice which of course she never does hey Newton

Hi TIL 1010

I have decided to put aside the Delia issue at the moment as I am going to be 100% behind the new man but in response to your question I have pasted & copied the exact quote from the EDP re our search for a new manager

You will notice 2 x specific key words were deliberately included (in capitals) - not by me but by the EDP

THIS TIME, chief executive David McNally is believed to have been given the green light to lead the board’s search for the right man to fill Adams

It does lead one to assume last time (when Adams appointed) McNally was not given the green light to search the 4 x corners of Europe for a replacement

Could a replacement have already been selected by someone else - clearly not McNally tho ?

Who might that have been TIL1010 ?

Have a guess ?

Not Fry I''m sure - dont leave many to select from ?

Or am I wrong ?

Whats your opinion of that press release - why use the words THIS TIME ?

She probably instructed McNally to find a replacement as her selection process of inexperienced, cheap & sentimental failed again (3 in last 6 - she never learns) and I would suspect her & hubby were in a big hole that they had to get out of. Easy way issue a press release saying the responsibility now over to McNally to find a manager - bingo genius Delia

I am more concerned about the £17M Adams was given to spend on mainly bench warmers in the summer - we will never see the majority of that back - but then of course none of that is due to our esteemed Delia is it

Why dont we get behind the new man rather than worry about Delia ?

Did nobody listen to Darren Eadie the other day? He knows Delia and MWJ. According to him they are not interested in football related issues and McNally is employed to make those kind of decisions. Ultimately the board would have to sanction the appointment but it would be down to McNally to interview and select.

Seems the op has made his mind up about the new manager already.

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 07/01/2015 11:12 AM:

I was underwhelmed when Adams got the job but this if it happens will have me crying into my beer.

[quote user="JF"]Seems the op has made his mind up about the new manager already. TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 07/01/2015 11:12 AM: I was underwhelmed when Adams got the job but this if it happens will have me crying into my beer.[/quote]

It will have me crying into my beer.The reason being yet again it is a rookie learning his trade and with only twenty odd games left this season to get back up unless he is a miracle worker it will take him time to sort out the squad.

Herman wrote the following post at 07/01/2015 8:43 PM:

(And why are ''you'' cuddling up to what looks like an Aston Villa pillow?)

---------------------------------------

It''s meant to be Warnock cuddling the title trophy in his bed. Seeing as though I can''t see the bloody thing, it''s useless....not that it would ever be useful in the first place... especially now.

So now i''m thinking what I should change it to.

Who was your choice then til? Of the names mentioned the only one I wanted was Rosler. At least this guy has potential and the buzz of being unknown. The problem we have is at the beginning of the season we would have had the choice of the cream of managers at this level. Now that''s not the case.

Nobody will agree but Ally McCoist seemed to tick most of my boxes. Very experienced at managing a big club with big crowds. An ex-international and Champions league experience both as a player and manager. Learnt his trade under the well respected Walter Smith.

If a lot of people were crying out for Lennon why not this guy ?

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="JF"]This definitely has McNally all over it as did Adams have Smith and Jones all over it.[/quote]Unless it goes belly up,then it has Delia''s hands all over it. Or something like that.Maybe some of you should ask Delia why she''s paid millions to McNally when it''s clear he''s done feck all since appointing Lambert.[/quote]Spot on.I have heard a fair few rumours flying around this week. The one I find that may have the most legs is that the issue with appointing some of the managers we may have looked at before - is McNally.Or should I say, it''s his vision on how the club should be set up and run from the footballing point of view. That is, to have a "footballing board" in the style of a great many, if not a great majority of European clubs and a growing number of English clubs as well.Not all managers want to work in that sort of a set up. The rumours I heard suggested that at least Mackay turned us down because of this.Now, I can see the pro''s and con''s of it all. You have a team working on the ethos of the club, so even if the manager has to move on, the style, the approach behind the scenes doesn''t change drastically.Before people get ultra critical, Lambert himself pretty much had that set up with Karsa and Culverhouse with Ricky Martin as academy coach. It has just been a bit more formalised since then.It''s not a bad idea either, if it''s done right. It takes some slack off the manager to focus on the team, which we know is how Lambert liked it. But I guess a number of managers are used to the old school English ways of doing things and so don''t want it.Perhaps that is why we are seen to be moving for younger managers at the moment, those more open to the idea - more willing to take on new approaches early on in their management careers?I think with Alex, what will be key, is Phelan staying on. He''ll need his experience to help him. I don''t want to put a negative spin on it, but I feel that if Alex doesn''t have someone experienced to call upon then we could struggle. Not because he may not have the qualities of a good manager in the making, but because he''ll need the support and the knowledge of a strong and experienced coach.

Notwithstanding the additional costs of employing a more experienced manager, such as Lennon, I would have thought that to be a less risky choice assuming the key strategic objective is promotion.

@Newton - we didn''t spend £17million!

Last time you said that you quoted around double what we had paid for players.

Like £3million for Jerome when most sources agree it was £1.5million.

Actually for the most part I think Adams'' signings were decent enough if not pretty good.

Jerome at this level for £1.5million is a steal of a signing.

The issue wasn''t individuals it was the team.

Oh and I wouldn''t lay your case on the words of the EDP, they are prone to more than the odd spelling, grammatical and implied meaning mistake.

[quote user="Newton"]

I have pasted & copied the exact quote from the EDP re our search for a new manager

You will notice 2 x specific key words were deliberately included (in capitals) - not by me but by the EDP

THIS TIME, chief executive David McNally is believed to have been given the green light to lead the board’s search for the right man to fill Adams

It does lead one to assume last time (when Adams appointed) McNally was not given the green light to search the 4 x corners of Europe for a replacement

Could a replacement have already been selected by someone else - clearly not McNally tho ?

Who might that have been TIL1010 ?

Have a guess ?

Not Fry I''m sure - dont leave many to select from ?

Or am I wrong ?

Whats your opinion of that press release - why use the words THIS TIME ?

She probably instructed McNally to find a replacement as her selection process of inexperienced, cheap & sentimental failed again (3 in last 6 - she never learns) and I would suspect her & hubby were in a big hole that they had to get out of. Easy way issue a press release saying the responsibility now over to McNally to find a manager. [/quote]What the EDP says, in full, is this:City made a point of “scouring Europe” for their full-time successor

to Chris Hughton in the aftermath of top-flight relegation in May.This

time, chief executive David McNally is believed to have been given the

green light to lead the board’s search for the right man to fill Adams’

shoes – and steer City back to the Premier League at the first time of

asking.So the paragraph is confusingly contradictory. If we did look around Europe in the summer then that will also have been done by McNally and possibly the chief scout. And Bowkett stated on the record we had done just that."We have looked in Germany, we have looked in Italy, looked in Spain, throughout the British Isles."I am not sure quite what that paragraph is trying to say but the idea that Smith and Jones presented the directors with a fait accompli in the shape of Adams goes against what Bowkett said, and against the facts, since there is little doubt in any event that Mackay was the first choice.

Why do we want to add additional risks to what is already a very difficult appointment by going for a rookie?

Purple you are confusing facts with your assumptions

The only fact is the specific words THIS TIME - can u explain why these were included - I can only think last time McNally was not given the green light to find a manager and we went down other routes (Cheap, sentimental, club connection route - Delia has u know has appointed 3 of these out of the last 6 managers and all have been an unmitegated disaster)

The rest of your comments are based on an assumption thta McNally would always be leading the search - but that is not what the quote or your subsequent comments confirm

From what I heard and I have no proof - yes MacKay was first choice but his overall package was too expensive so we moved on. Absolutely ludicrous if you think about bearing in mind we gave someone who walked away from the job after 6 mths £17M to splash out on recruits in the summer which are now probably worth substantialy less