Sign in to follow this  
thebigfeller

Huge technical problems with this forum

For years and years now, this messageboard has been incompatible with Google Chrome. You can''t quote a message in Chrome, you can''t even write paragraphs in Chrome, this forum has no functionality in Chrome. The whole pinkun website now immediately crashes whenever I open it in Firefox too. Can Archant do something about this? It''s 2015 now - and it''s kind of a joke, to be quite frank.

[quote user="thebigfeller"]For years and years now, this messageboard has been incompatible with Google Chrome. You can''t quote a message in Chrome, you can''t even write paragraphs in Chrome, this forum has no functionality in Chrome. The whole pinkun website now immediately crashes whenever I open it in Firefox too. Can Archant do something about this? It''s 2015 now - and it''s kind of a joke, to be quite frank.[/quote]It has always worked for me on Firefox, and is right now.You must have another issue.But, yes, you''re essentially right, it has never worked properly.

Enjoyed your canary call yesterday Shaun. Well done buddy and I hope you''re doing well.

How about a similar call to Sports Desk Pete to discuss the merits of this forums software. I for one would buy tickets...

The main technical problem with this board is that it is haunted by posters who are unable to understand the following :-

The vast majority of us come on here and things like Canary Call offering our opinion...nothing more nothing less. It does not have to be ''backed up with proof'' . The problem is that a few posters (I can name them but wont at the moment) have such a limited understanding of the game that their minds are closed to anyone who has a view that''s at variance with their own narrow agenda and easily satisfied stance.

By there ridiculous actions they basically scare new posters away from expressing there views - very sad

No what I mean Nutty , TIL1010 & Vermin (sorry Herman)

[quote user="thebigfeller"]For years and years now, this messageboard has been incompatible with Google Chrome. You can''t quote a message in Chrome, you can''t even write paragraphs in Chrome, this forum has no functionality in Chrome. The whole pinkun website now immediately crashes whenever I open it in Firefox too. Can Archant do something about this? It''s 2015 now - and it''s kind of a joke, to be quite frank.[/quote]I have no problem with Firefox

There''s a little bit of trouble loading on Firefox. It has been suggested that it is something to do with the pink dot.

[quote user="Newton"].

The main technical problem with this board is that it is haunted by posters who are unable to understand the following :-

The vast majority of us come on here and things like Canary Call offering our opinion...nothing more nothing less. It does not have to be ''backed up with proof'' . The problem is that a few posters (I can name them but wont at the moment) have such a limited understanding of the game that their minds are closed to anyone who has a view that''s at variance with their own narrow agenda and easily satisfied stance.

By there ridiculous actions they basically scare new posters away from expressing there views - very sad

No what I mean Nutty , TIL1010 & Vermin (sorry Herman)[/quote]

Quite a few unamed posters there, Newton.[;)]

[quote user="Herman "]There''s a little bit of trouble loading on Firefox. It has been suggested that it is something to do with the pink dot.[/quote]Just load No Script as an add on and that little problem is solved.

[quote user="thebigfeller"]For years and years now, this messageboard has been incompatible with Google Chrome. You can''t quote a message in Chrome, you can''t even write paragraphs in Chrome, this forum has no functionality in Chrome.[/quote]Easily solved Shaun, just click here and download the third one down (the one with the mask). Then select Firefox. The Pinkun will think Chrome is actually Firefox and you''ll be fine.

ricardo wrote the following post at 04/01/2015 9:49 PM

Quite a few unnamed posters there, Newton

Ricardo u not stupid - u know the games they play - quite sad really - u don''t

i do agree with newton to a point! people just come on here to let off a bit of steam and give an opinion about a match while there emotions are running high , it is what football is all about and all too often they get shouted down by some lunatic screaming like a manic judge at a nazi show trial ... It''s been quite refreshing on here lately that the chattering classes , the elitist apologists, and posters who cum in there pants because david mcnally talks to them in the back bar of the nelson now and then aren''t ruling the roost any more... sorry if that has offended anyone but things are definately better on here and i really hope that shauns brilliant rant on canary call is heard far and wide and more people take up the anger and the passion ... viva la revolution [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="thebigfeller"]For years and years now, this messageboard has been incompatible with Google Chrome. You can''t quote a message in Chrome, you can''t even write paragraphs in Chrome, this forum has no functionality in Chrome.[/quote]Easily solved Shaun, just click here and download the third one down (the one with the mask). Then select Firefox. The Pinkun will think Chrome is actually Firefox and you''ll be fine. [/quote]
Hmmm. Let''s see if this app works.

[quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="thebigfeller"]For years and years now, this messageboard has been incompatible with Google Chrome. You can''t quote a message in Chrome, you can''t even write paragraphs in Chrome, this forum has no functionality in Chrome.[/quote]Easily solved Shaun, just click here and download the third one down (the one with the mask). Then select Firefox. The Pinkun will think Chrome is actually Firefox and you''ll be fine. [/quote]
Hmmm. Let''s see if this app works.
[/quote]
Giggety

[quote user="im spartacus"]i do agree with newton to a point! people just come on here to let off a bit of steam and give an opinion about a match while there emotions are running high , it is what football is all about and all too often they get shouted down by some lunatic screaming like a manic judge at a nazi show trial ... It''s been quite refreshing on here lately that the chattering classes , the elitist apologists, and posters who cum in there pants because david mcnally talks to them in the back bar of the nelson now and then aren''t ruling the roost any more... sorry if that has offended anyone but things are definately better on here and i really hope that shauns brilliant rant on canary call is heard far and wide and more people take up the anger and the passion ... viva la revolution [:D][/quote]

You might be surprised to know that I agree with much of that Sparto. This board is a far better place when it''s vibrant and the gloves are off. However for it to have any credibility it must have honesty.

The shame of it is that after we win next week nobody will care anymore...

I can make paragraphs with chrome but can''t quote, It''s incredibly annoying but I won''t change browsers as I think firefox is slow, doesn''t have as good adblock/ip changing features and IE is torture to use frankly.

There must be someone paid at Archant who, among other things, maintains this website? Isn''t it their job to make it run properly? If this was an independent fan forum then fair enough, but it''s a bit sh!tty that Archant neglects this site given how popular it is

[quote user="Darth Catbeard"]I can make paragraphs with chrome but can''t quote, It''s incredibly annoying but I won''t change browsers as I think firefox is slow, doesn''t have as good adblock/ip changing features and IE is torture to use frankly.[/quote]See my post on previous page Darth, no need to change browsers. You still use Chrome but disguise (mask) it as Firefox. It does work.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="thebigfeller"]For years and years now, this messageboard has been incompatible with Google Chrome. You can''t quote a message in Chrome, you can''t even write paragraphs in Chrome, this forum has no functionality in Chrome.[/quote]Easily solved Shaun, just click here and download the third one down (the one with the mask). Then select Firefox. The Pinkun will think Chrome is actually Firefox and you''ll be fine. [/quote]
Testing, testing...

[quote user="thebigfeller"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="thebigfeller"]For years and years now, this messageboard has been incompatible with Google Chrome. You can''t quote a message in Chrome, you can''t even write paragraphs in Chrome, this forum has no functionality in Chrome.[/quote]Easily solved Shaun, just click here and download the third one down (the one with the mask). Then select Firefox. The Pinkun will think Chrome is actually Firefox and you''ll be fine. [/quote]
Testing, testing...[/quote]And another satisfied customer. [:D]

Steady on bigfeller, we''ve only just got the A11 fully dualed & now you want this forum to function properly. Anyway, as others have said, no problems with Firefox

Incidentally, just to update this: when I tried to use the Firefox codeswitcher recommended above for a second time, the moment I clicked on it, my excellent AVS (F-Secure) found and blocked a trojan. I repeat: a trojan: the first one I''ve ever had. So I''m not using that any longer. The website still immediately crashes Firefox, and has the same total non-functionality in both Chrome and IE. In fact, very regularly, it even freezes my browser in Chrome. This is the only website that does that: I use Chrome and Firefox with no trouble with everything else. The problem, very obviously, is the ridiculous pink chat circle in the corner - which is so invasive it can''t even be minimised. I would love to know what utter clown at Archant thought that would be a good idea. So sorry to the poster above: but I cannot use this forum. A pity. Goodness knows how many others have been similarly affected - but I repeat, it''s kind of a joke.

Mods, please ignore the above post. I''ve just discovered that I can, at least, paragraph in Chrome - it''s only quoting others I can''t do, and not to worry about that really. Sorry!

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]The biggest problem with this forum is the whiff of bin from certain posters. Does anyone know how to disable this virtual stench?[/quote]
I recommend putting your computer in the dishwasher.