Sign in to follow this  
TheAccies

Alex Neil Philosophy - Hamilton Fan

I''ve been looking forward to this day. Congratulations to Alex Neil for being linked to such a high profile job.

I go to every single Hamilton game, home and away, for 3 years. 2 of those years have been a struggle.

Alex Neil; A hard talking manager who knows how to get average players to over perform.

He has no knowledge of how to deal with big players, and there have been a few bust ups between him and few of the non-scottish players at Hamilton who haven''t toed the line.

It''s his system and I worry for you Norwich fans, your team will be selected on ethic rather than ability. Alex Neil''s appointment mean Whittaker will be a Norwich City mainstay for the next 3 years.

He plays direct football and many of our goals come from knock downs from the big man, I hope he leaves because I have come to realise one thing...

I would rather watch football that excites, than football that wins, just...

All the best,

Your friend from Hamilton

[quote user="TheAccies"]I''ve been looking forward to this day. Congratulations to Alex Neil for being linked to such a high profile job. I go to every single Hamilton game, home and away, for 3 years. 2 of those years have been a struggle. Alex Neil; A hard talking manager who knows how to get average players to over perform. He has no knowledge of how to deal with big players, and there have been a few bust ups between him and few of the non-scottish players at Hamilton who haven''t toed the line. It''s his system and I worry for you Norwich fans, your team will be selected on ethic rather than ability. Alex Neil''s appointment mean Whittaker will be a Norwich City mainstay for the next 3 years. He plays direct football and many of our goals come from knock downs from the big man, I hope he leaves because I have come to realise one thing... I would rather watch football that excites, than football that wins, just... All the best, Your friend from Hamilton[/quote]

Ha! Good try Cortw@nking but it''s obviously you.

Think this may be an alias of the individual on the other thread stirring up nonsense.

P.s. He hasnt even been in charge at Hamilton for 3 years (he took over in 2013) so how you know hes had one good season and two struggling is probably difficult to prove.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Think this may be an alias of the individual on the other thread stirring up nonsense.

P.s. He hasnt even been in charge at Hamilton for 3 years (he took over in 2013) so how you know hes had one good season and two struggling is probably difficult to prove.[/quote]

Mate, 3 years going to every game.. 2 years under Alex Neil have been a struggle. Im not belittling him, he''s done well, but he''s not my style of play. Young guy so hope he is given time to prove in the Championship

[quote user="TheAccies"]I''ve been looking forward to this day. Congratulations to Alex Neil for being linked to such a high profile job.

I go to every single Hamilton game, home and away, for 3 years. 2 of those years have been a struggle.

Alex Neil; A hard talking manager who knows how to get average players to over perform.

He has no knowledge of how to deal with big players, and there have been a few bust ups between him and few of the non-scottish players at Hamilton who haven''t toed the line.

It''s his system and I worry for you Norwich fans, your team will be selected on ethic rather than ability. Alex Neil''s appointment mean Whittaker will be a Norwich City mainstay for the next 3 years.

He plays direct football and many of our goals come from knock downs from the big man, I hope he leaves because I have come to realise one thing...

All the best,

Your friend from Hamilton[/quote]Thanks for that insight Waveney.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="TheAccies"]I''ve been looking forward to this day. Congratulations to Alex Neil for being linked to such a high profile job. I go to every single Hamilton game, home and away, for 3 years. 2 of those years have been a struggle. Alex Neil; A hard talking manager who knows how to get average players to over perform. He has no knowledge of how to deal with big players, and there have been a few bust ups between him and few of the non-scottish players at Hamilton who haven''t toed the line. It''s his system and I worry for you Norwich fans, your team will be selected on ethic rather than ability. Alex Neil''s appointment mean Whittaker will be a Norwich City mainstay for the next 3 years. He plays direct football and many of our goals come from knock downs from the big man, I hope he leaves because I have come to realise one thing... I would rather watch football that excites, than football that wins, just... All the best, Your friend from Hamilton[/quote]

Ha! Good try Cortw@nking but it''s obviously you.

[/quote]Not me officer!

Hamilton fan in peace.

I have seen some contrasting reviews of Alex Neil on here and thought I better put the record straight.

I can categorically say that over my 37 years of support I have never seen such a dull brand of football. If you are expecting Paul Lambert MKII then think more like Alex McLeish MKII.

Although we sit 3rd in the league it is more through the lucky "snatch and grab" 1-0 wins we have scraped all season.

Honestly I hope it works out for you, but I can''t see anything but a young man out of his depth when his long ball tactics fail against the far experienced merchants in that league.

All the best

[quote user="Accies1874"]Hamilton fan in peace.

I have seen some contrasting reviews of Alex Neil on here and thought I better put the record straight.

I can categorically say that over my 37 years of support I have never seen such a dull brand of football. If you are expecting Paul Lambert MKII then think more like Alex McLeish MKII.

Although we sit 3rd in the league it is more through the lucky "snatch and grab" 1-0 wins we have scraped all season.

Honestly I hope it works out for you, but I can''t see anything but a young man out of his depth when his long ball tactics fail against the far experienced merchants in that league.

All the best[/quote]LOL that''s funny because I could have sworn I''d just watched plenty of highlights where Hamilton were bagging lots of goals, of which no goals seemed to come from ''long ball tactics''.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Accies1874"]Hamilton fan in peace.

All the best[/quote]LOL that''s funny because I could have sworn I''d just watched plenty of highlights where Hamilton were bagging lots of goals, of which no goals seemed to come from ''long ball tactics''.[/quote]

Ahh yes, YouTube where all football teams condensed into 30 second clips play like Barcelona. You''ll get a 90 minute taste of his style this weekend.

Don''t say I didn''t warn you!

All the best

He can only work with the players he''s got. If we win 1-0 and Neil has to come on and score the goal himself with his right testicle from a yard out i really won''t care. When we''re in the top half of the premiership i might start to get a bit more picky like man u fans (or more recently West Ham and Arsenal fans) but for now just wins will do!

[quote user="Accies1874"]

Ahh yes, YouTube where all football teams condensed into 30 second clips play like Barcelona. You''ll get a 90 minute taste of his style this weekend.

Don''t say I didn''t warn you!

All the best [/quote]Actually they are about 6 minute long videos of each game, surely as a fan of an SPFL team you realise that all highlights are uploaded to YouTube?  I''m yet to find a game where the goals have been scored by the ''long ball tactics'' you speak of.

I don''t need to watch highlights because I am there every single home game thank you.

Now that you mention it, having watched a few highlights of your games this season, Mr Adams appears to have had you playing the so called passing game, yet a quick read of your forum tells me the majority wanted him out. Perhaps Alex''s way of playing will get results yes, but entertainment it is not.

Well our former manager Lambert was well known for his attacking football with us but at Villa he''s the complete opposite. They have 11 goals all season yet are midtable.

Hughton as well. Newcastle sailed to glory in the championship under him scoring loads as they did it. With us he looked clueless as to how we''d score once Holt left.

Alex Neil is perhaps someone who just knows to play to the teams strengths.

http://www.acciesworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9

Highlights of Hamilton''s games this season. Although you can tell the standard is so low due to all the defensive mistakes (I remember the wonderful league 1 days where Holt or even Martin had to just breath on the back of a defenders neck for them to make a mistake), Neil has got them playing some intricate football, nothing ''direct'' - not that that would concern me, more his experience.

Cant help but think that some of these "Accies" fans spend more time watching Hamilton Binnerdemicals. Well since Christmas this year anyway. I don''t think any of them went last year.  

Two posters on here having taken the time out of their busy days to masquerade as, and post as Hamilton Accy fans on this thread-or probably just the one.

Never a dull moment!

I see a couple of genuine Accies have turned up after those binners appeared in another thread. Having ex-binner Jason Scotland playing for them would obviously alert scum fans to join up pretending to be Accie fans and praising ''their'' manager.I must have missed the glorious football because all I can see is bog standard rubbish that wouldn''t be out of place in League Two or the Conference. Players seem unable to display any skill, keep possession or attack along the ground. Plenty of crosses and players taking the easy way out by knocking it long, very much in the same mould as Hughton and Adams ie very tired and dated.Can someone, maybe Mrs Miggins, point me to the best passing moves from those Accie videos? I''m sorry but I can''t see anything special in any of them.

[quote user="estrada rumtotal"]Can someone, maybe Mrs Miggins, point me to the best passing moves from those Accie videos? I''m sorry but I can''t see anything special in any of them.[/quote]No takers? Not even a Fozzy flick type moment for the plastics to drool

over? Face facts, the football in those videos is typical of the

Scottish game ie low quality and nothing to get excited about.

Interesting comments about Whittaker from this Accies fan:

[quote user="TheAccies"]I''ve been looking forward to this day. Congratulations to Alex Neil for being linked to such a high profile job.

All the best,

Your friend from Hamilton[/quote]