Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Lennon

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Now is the time to try and tempt Lennon who should have been appointed in the Summer. What a total fiasco, again.[/quote]Having to pay compensation for someone we could have got for free during the summer, really would be a fiasco Highland and why it won''t happen.You do write some nonsense.

Yes, what a complete fiasco Lappin. I agree that it would be extremely unlikely to happen. The board''s failure to remove Hughton cost our BPL status last season; Adams'' appointment has likely cost us any chance of promotion this with potential knock on consequences for years to come.

[quote user="Indy"]Nutty it is a fiasco......Adams should never have been risked....now we have limited options in a pivotal season for this club!

What do you call it?

I''d rather Adams stayed than Warnock or Rosler, but here we go again.....all change and upheaval.

At least Adams has gone to give the new manager time to make January changes.....credit to Adams.

Hope the board have someone lined up better than Phelan or Warnock.[/quote]

What seriously Indy? After all the rhetoric on here over the last few months the club moving forward is still a fiasco?

What would I call it? Probably football. Or life. Or both! Neil was already something like the 9th longest serving manager in the Champs. In this football life the manager carrys the can. Not the people who appoint him. Or the players who let him down.

I will confess here and now that I am glad I don''t have to appoint the next one. Someone better than Phelan or Warnock? Maybe, but if either of them happen to be the right man at the right time then it could transpire that they were the right man for the job. There''s a lot of "being at the right place at the right time" in this football manager malarkey. Manchester United with the help of Alex Fergurson picked a dud. Or he was thought of as a dud until he beat Barcelona at the weekend. And the biggest furore I''ve ever know from fans was when Chase appointed mike Walker. I''m sure you will remember it was even worse than the anger over Adams. But Mike was in the right place at the right time, a perfect fit, and the rest is history. He could never replicate that success though. Either here or elsewhere.

Like I always say, it''s hard enough supporting the club let alone running it. Much safer to let the board choose then we can email them with a clear consience when it all goes tits up again[;)]

Well thats pretty clear Nutty none of us have a say.....but an opinion....and mine is this is a fiasco! You call it football or life or whatever.

Why bother chatting on here if we can''t have an opinion we might as well close this board down and just turn up at carrow road, waving our scarf and clapping our board.....thanking them for everything.

For what its worth Adams should have stuck it out if allowed. We can trust or not trust the board it makes no difference as they own the club and can make as many mistakes as they like.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Indy"]Nutty it is a fiasco......Adams should never have been risked....now we have limited options in a pivotal season for this club!

What do you call it?

I''d rather Adams stayed than Warnock or Rosler, but here we go again.....all change and upheaval.

At least Adams has gone to give the new manager time to make January changes.....credit to Adams.

What seriously Indy? After all the rhetoric on here over the last few months the club moving forward is still a fiasco?

What would I call it? Probably football. Or life. Or both! Neil was already something like the 9th longest serving manager in the Champs. In this football life the manager carrys the can. Not the people who appoint him. Or the players who let him down.

I will confess here and now that I am glad I don''t have to appoint the next one. Someone better than Phelan or Warnock? Maybe, but if either of them happen to be the right man at the right time then it could transpire that they were the right man for the job. There''s a lot of "being at the right place at the right time" in this football manager malarkey. Manchester United with the help of Alex Fergurson picked a dud. Or he was thought of as a dud until he beat Barcelona at the weekend. And the biggest furore I''ve ever know from fans was when Chase appointed mike Walker. I''m sure you will remember it was even worse than the anger over Adams. But Mike was in the right place at the right time, a perfect fit, and the rest is history. He could never replicate that success though. Either here or elsewhere.

Like I always say, it''s hard enough supporting the club let alone running it. Much safer to let the board choose then we can email them with a clear consience when it all goes tits up again[;)]

[/quote]I have to agree, it''s largely down to luck and being in the right place at the right time.Very few managers walk away after a lifetimes success. Most who do succeed somewhere then spend the rest of their careers trying to emulate it.

[quote user="Indy"]Well thats pretty clear Nutty none of us have a say.....but an opinion....and mine is this is a fiasco! You call it football or life or whatever.

Why bother chatting on here if we can''t have an opinion we might as well close this board down and just turn up at carrow road, waving our scarf and clapping our board.....thanking them for everything.

For what its worth Adams should have stuck it out if allowed. We can trust or not trust the board it makes no difference as they own the club and can make as many mistakes as they like.[/quote]

You asked me what I called it and I answered. If we can only chat on here if our opinion tallies with yours then don''t ask me a question. Glad that''s cleared up Indy....

Now, as my Nan always said, you can go and eat coke...

And where''s my PM[:^)]

No nutty I stated that I agreed it was a fiasco....never asked you, no question asked.

But I''ll head off for coke as you have said, not sure what type of nan you had.....!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Indy"]Nutty it is a fiasco......Adams should never have been

risked....now we have limited options in a pivotal season for this club!

What do you call it? I''d rather Adams stayed than Warnock or

Rosler, but here we go again.....all change and upheaval. At least Adams has

gone to give the new manager time to make January changes.....credit to Adams.

What seriously Indy? After all the rhetoric on here over the last few months

the club moving forward is still a fiasco?

What would I call it? Probably football. Or life. Or both! Neil was already

something like the 9th longest serving manager in the Champs. In this football

life the manager carrys the can. Not the people who appoint him. Or the players

who let him down.

I will confess here and now that I am glad I don''t have to appoint the next

one. Someone better than Phelan or Warnock? Maybe, but if either of them happen

to be the right man at the right time then it could transpire that they were the

right man for the job. There''s a lot of "being at the right place at the right

time" in this football manager malarkey. Manchester United with the help of Alex

Fergurson picked a dud. Or he was thought of as a dud until he beat Barcelona at

the weekend. And the biggest furore I''ve ever know from fans was when Chase

appointed mike Walker. I''m sure you will remember it was even worse than the

anger over Adams. But Mike was in the right place at the right time, a perfect

fit, and the rest is history. He could never replicate that success though.

Either here or elsewhere.

Like I always say, it''s hard enough supporting the club let alone running it.

Much safer to let the board choose then we can email them with a clear consience

when it all goes tits up again[;)]

[/quote]

Still very possible unless he has signed an extension to his 1 year contract with Bolton.

Does he still live in Scotland? Might explain McNally''s plane trip last night.Would be a huge admission of a massive cock-up last summer mind. He would still be my first choice.I think Lennon went to Bolton with one eye on a possible takeover by money men which doesn''t appear to have happened or even be on the horizon anymore.

As a person living In bolton for the past 18 months, I can honestly say he is the best man for the job. We missed a trick in the summer.

When I started living in Bolton, al the fans I know that attend games were complete and utter down about their club and performances.

To say since his arrival he has altered the morale of the area is an understatement. He has completely transformed it similar to what Lambert did at NCFC.

They believe they can beat anyone now and that they are only heading in one direction.

I have been told that he is great to watch and a bit nuts on the sideline! In addition he apparently makes the players meet up before a game and have lunch in club ties. He insists on discipline within the team group.

He has also been seen regularly at youth and school games in the area, showing a genuine interest in the future of the club.

This is exactly what we need to get our under achieving ego''s sorted. What I saw at Preston Saturday was disgraceful. No effort, no passion and no belief.

Lennon would provide all of this.

I fear we have missed the boat and that Bolton will be Prem club again in the future prior to ourselves.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Lennon isn''t going to be our next manager... I can say this with some certainty.[/quote]Shame if true.With Bolton in dept. they may have to except a small compo. to release Lennon.

Lennon is a complete non starter & I can''t understand why we have a 7 page long thread about someone who has got nothing to do with NCFC and never will have anything to do with NCFC

[quote user="Making Plans"]Lennon is a complete non starter & I can''t understand why we have a 7 page long thread about someone who has got nothing to do with NCFC and never will have anything to do with NCFC[/quote]

Because he is the best man for the job and would have if he became our manager! :-)

[quote user="The recurring 5 year plan"]

Because he is the best man for the job and would have if he became our manager! :-)[/quote]So why no thread about Mourinho or Wenger because we''ve got as much chance of getting them as we have Lennon.The fact that we might have got him is totally irrelevant because we didn''t

If we were to want to speak to Lennon, or any other Manager currently in employment for that matter, I would have thought we would have heard by now that Club x has refused/granted permission for us to speak to y about our existing managerial vacancy. Looks increasingly to me like it will be someone currently available with no ties.

I suspect we would be higher up the table but most would be complaining that we''re under performing by limiting ourselves to ''McCarthyball'' and if we had an attack minded manager we''d be running away with it.

Lennon and Adams represented roughly the same level of a gamble except Adams knew the players, in hindsight we should have gone for Lennon but just like with our current manager people would have complained that he''d only ever managed in the ''joke league''

It didn''t take much for the manic depressives to come out

Why obsess about something that didn''t happen that we have no idea could have ever happened? At this point it''s as mad as being upset we didn''t get Mourinho.

Alex Neil is our manager

People still harping on about Lennon tonight. Well good for him he is

doing well.  It doesn''t mean he would have done well at Norwich.  Bolton

and he are a good fit.  Good down to earth unpretentious northern club

with a good following.  

Norwich - a club still coming to

terms with relegation and a manager that just didn''t work out, a board

trying to restore morale by putting a local man in , then that not

working out either.............a tough ask for any manager to come in

and turn round.  Lennon might have done it, but in our present manager

we have a potential top notch manager in the making - thought highly of -

and if he sticks around, unlike Lambert, we may just have the right man

for the job. 

[quote user="Darth BOOOOOOOOOO"]I suspect we would be higher up the table but most would be complaining that we''re under performing by limiting ourselves to ''McCarthyball'' and if we had an attack minded manager we''d be running away with it.

Lennon and Adams represented roughly the same level of a gamble except Adams knew the players, in hindsight we should have gone for Lennon but just like with our current manager people would have complained that he''d only ever managed in the ''joke league''[/quote]They both represented a gamble. You could argue Lennon was slightly less so. But it is telling that Lennon had to wait until a Bolton in freefall decided to take that risk. A gamble that several other Championship clubs and West Brom and Palace in the Premier League could have taken in the summer but conspicuously did not.And if the pro-Lennon argument is based on his experience then the plainly more experienced and much-better qualified candidate was our board''s (and my) first choice - Malky Mackay. A good record with two Championship clubs and a decent performance at Cardiff in the Premier League, where his sacking owed more to the breakdown of his relationship with Tan than on-field results.If there was a candidate who looked the least risky it was Mackay. Yet he has been a disaster at Wigan. Rosler got 16 points from 17 games (0.94 points per game) before he was sacked. Mackay has a measly 6 points from 11 games, or 0.545 ppg. So much for experience being a guarantee of anything.

Grass is always greener...until you get thereI am fed up hearing lennons name and I for one am pleased he is not our manager

I wasn''t very impressed with him last night. You''d have thought he would have spent all the last ten minutes trying to encourage his players but just sat there with his arms crossed.