Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Lennon

Why does everyone seem to think standing by their man imeans the board are taking the easy option? It seems the easiest thing in the world is to demand the manager is sacked, surely its as easy to do it. At what point would any of you sacked him?

Nutty u reverting to form - offering no opinion - just waiting to shoot people down who have got one

I have an opinion u a sado

Do u have a view on that ?

ricardo wrote the following post at 04/01/2015 9:01 PM:

Allow me to pick out the salient points

1. Phelans arrival has stayed the Boards hand, else he would have gone after the Reading at home defeat. This factor has a limited shelf time.

2 While top six looks reasonably doable he will be retained.The Huddersfield and Millwall results helped him in this respect.

3 The two recent defeats and the possibility of a third at Bournemouth make point 2 a bit more doubtful.

4 I said a really bad run could change things. We''ve now had two on the spin so how much further will they let it go?

Your guess is as good as mine but I would hazzard that he needs a minimum of four points from the next 2 games to retain his job. This means he must get something at Bournemouth.

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks for curing my curiosity. Hopefully you can see why I was confused with your comment saying that Adams would most likely see out the season as this contradicts what you''ve stated recently and perhaps before..

[quote user="mrs miggins"]ricardo wrote the following post at 04/01/2015 9:01 PM: Allow me to pick out the salient points 1. Phelans arrival has stayed the Boards hand, else he would have gone after the Reading at home defeat. This factor has a limited shelf time. 2 While top six looks reasonably doable he will be retained.The Huddersfield and Millwall results helped him in this respect. 3 The two recent defeats and the possibility of a third at Bournemouth make point 2 a bit more doubtful. 4 I said a really bad run could change things. We''ve now had two on the spin so how much further will they let it go? Your guess is as good as mine but I would hazzard that he needs a minimum of four points from the next 2 games to retain his job. This means he must get something at Bournemouth. ------------------------------------------------- Thanks for curing my curiosity. Hopefully you can see why I was confused with your comment saying that Adams would most likely see out the season as this contradicts what you''ve stated recently and perhaps before..[/quote]

....and will again Mrs. Just stay tuned. Ricardo''s predictions used to have far greater longevity to them. Now, like a lot of posters, he''s slowly, but surely, being drawn to the antics of the Wizard, i.e. adjusting with each passing week while ensuring there are enough variations on the theme so as to point out that "he got it right." Not a criticism, none of us knows what''s going to happen. Better perhaps to keep our powder dry for a while and see if more consistency develops before casting a prediction. Turning/adjusting on one game at a time is a difficult game to play when predicting a football managers fortune. Who knows, we may play Bournemouth off the park and lose but then thump Cardiff 6-0. Or, indeed, we may scratch out a victory at Bournemouth while Ipswich and Derby draw and this forum will be lit up like Guy Fawkes night with predictions that automatic promotion is back in play. [:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Why does everyone seem to think standing by their man imeans the board are taking the easy option? It seems the easiest thing in the world is to demand the manager is sacked, surely its as easy to do it. At what point would any of you sacked him?[/quote]

I would not have appointed him in the first place Nutty but he absolutely, 100% should have been sacked after the Reading home game. Instead the board have got themselves in an almighty mess by bringing in Phelan who is not Adams man and in my view has been imposed on him and has come with a view to taking the top job when Adams gets sacked.

Now we appear to be back in this intolerable situation where we have a manager who virtually everyone agrees is not good enough but its "he needs 4 points from his next two games" etc etc. If he''s not good enough, he''s not good enough. As someone above said individual results in upcoming games need to be taken out of the picture. we''ve had half a season and that''s more than enough time to judge.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Thanks for curing my curiosity. Hopefully you can see why I was confused with your comment saying that Adams would most likely see out the season as this contradicts what you''ve stated recently and perhaps before..[/quote]

I change my opinions when the evidence changes.What do you do?

Surley befor sacking Adams and causing more unrest a viable option has to be available....

So Newton & others who want the removal of Adams.....will you be happy for Phelan to take charge to the end of the season?

I can''t see the board spending millions on buying out an experienced manager or would you be happy with one of the unemployed lot....Rosler, Warnock or Curbs?

It would be hoped that if Phelan took charge until the end of the season that he would be able to call upon some of his obviously excellent contacts within the game to assist him both on and off the pitch.

As evidenced again at Preston, the players do not appear to be sufficiently motivated. Whether this is because the players do not believe in the manager must be at least be a possibility. I suspect Phelan would be more effective in this regard than Adams, but still would view Warnock as the more likely to achieve promotion. I still think Adams will be in post beyond the end of January, however. Perhaps, his dismissal at that point would provide some cover for the board if we see high profile departures during the transfer window.

Indy

I think you are right in that if Adams went the replacement would be Phelan. The board has got themselves in a right mess with that situation.

In answer to your question yes i would prefer to have Phelan in charge than Adams. He would presumably also bring in his own coach to work alongside him as well.

Phelan would not have been my first choice as manager in the summer when the job was available but I think he would still have been a considerably better choice than Adams due to his overall experience but particularly his experience of managing (even if only as assistant manager) senior players.

ricardo wrote the following post at 05/01/2015 9:22 AM:

I change my opinions when the evidence changes.

What do you do?

----------------------------------------------

By evidence i''m guessing you mean the results in this case?

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Newton"]Nutty u reverting to form - offering no opinion - just waiting to shoot people down who have got one

I[/quote]

Haha spot on[/quote]

Daniel, I''m used to you dismissing the opinions of folk who don''t agree with you but making out they have no opinion at all is extremely arrogant even by your standards...

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Why does everyone seem to think standing by their man imeans the board are taking the easy option? It seems the easiest thing in the world is to demand the manager is sacked, surely its as easy to do it. At what point would any of you sacked him?[/quote]

I would not have appointed him in the first place Nutty but he absolutely, 100% should have been sacked after the Reading home game. Instead the board have got themselves in an almighty mess by bringing in Phelan who is not Adams man and in my view has been imposed on him and has come with a view to taking the top job when Adams gets sacked.

Now we appear to be back in this intolerable situation where we have a manager who virtually everyone agrees is not good enough but its "he needs 4 points from his next two games" etc etc. If he''s not good enough, he''s not good enough. As someone above said individual results in upcoming games need to be taken out of the picture. we''ve had half a season and that''s more than enough time to judge.[/quote]

The problem you have is that the board will always be more tolerant than supporters who are trigger happy. They surely would have considered their options after the Reading game and probably decided that they''d give the new coaching team more than just that one game.

Since that Reading game we have got 10 points from 5 games. In fact the full record is W3 D1 L1 F15 A5. I would have a little bet that had they made a change after Reading, and appointed someone else, you would have viewed those results as a change in fortunes and full justification for the change.

But at this point we are on a run of 2 defeats. The next 2 results could be crucial to Adams future. Because as Gunny said on an entertaining Canary Call "results are king".

Yellow Wall wrote the following post at 05/01/2015 11:04 AM:

It would be hoped that if Phelan took charge until the end of the season that he would be able to call upon some of his obviously excellent contacts within the game to assist him both on and off the pitch.

You can''t surely be advocating Phelan taking over. He is there to work with Adams, a combination which has delivered 10 points in the last 5 league games, is there any club in the country that would be stupid enough to change that.

Why oh why would anyone advocate an inexperienced manager taking over when there has been so much angst about the current managers lack of experience at this level.

[quote user="Jenkins"]Yellow Wall wrote the following post at 05/01/2015 11:04 AM:

You can''t surely be advocating Phelan taking over. He is there to work with Adams, a combination which has delivered 10 points in the last 5 league games, is there any club in the country that would be stupid enough to change that.

Why oh why would anyone advocate an inexperienced manager taking over when there has been so much angst about the current managers lack of experience at this level.[/quote]Phelan would not be my choice but if you were to offer every football league club the choice of Adams or Phelan as manager Norwich would be the only club to even spend a minute thinking it over . As a manager Adams should be cutting his teeth at non league level .

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Why does everyone seem to think standing by their man imeans the board are taking the easy option? It seems the easiest thing in the world is to demand the manager is sacked, surely its as easy to do it. At what point would any of you sacked him?[/quote]

Now we appear to be back in this intolerable situation where we have a manager who virtually everyone agrees is not good enough but its "he needs 4 points from his next two games" etc etc. If he''s not good enough, he''s not good enough. As someone above said individual results in upcoming games need to be taken out of the picture. we''ve had half a season and that''s more than enough time to judge.[/quote]

The problem you have is that the board will always be more tolerant than supporters who are trigger happy. They surely would have considered their options after the Reading game and probably decided that they''d give the new coaching team more than just that one game.

Since that Reading game we have got 10 points from 5 games. In fact the full record is W3 D1 L1 F15 A5. I would have a little bet that had they made a change after Reading, and appointed someone else, you would have viewed those results as a change in fortunes and full justification for the change.

But at this point we are on a run of 2 defeats. The next 2 results could be crucial to Adams future. Because as Gunny said on an entertaining Canary Call "results are king".

[/quote]

I don;t really agree with what Gunn said to be honest. Results are not the only thing i go on and to be honest aside from Millwall we have got those results despite Adams team selections rather than due to them.

The home wins have admittedly been impressive albeit against poor/diminished opposition. The thing is because we actually have some very good players at this level they will occasionally win and beat teams (even thrash teams) regardless of who is managing us or what team or formation they are sent out in. We could have no manager and would probably still have beaten that Millwall side at home.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]ricardo wrote the following post at 05/01/2015 9:22 AM:

I change my opinions when the evidence changes.

What do you do?

----------------------------------------------

By evidence i''m guessing you mean the results in this case?[/quote]

Adams fate like that of any manager will be determined by results. They are the only facts that count.

Yes Rickyyyy! Those who support him will try and excuse the defeats and I those who don''t will try just as hard to discredit the wins. But ultimately Gunny is spot on. Results are king!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Yes Rickyyyy! Those who support him will try and excuse the defeats and I those who don''t will try just as hard to discredit the wins. But ultimately Gunny is spot on. Results are king![/quote]
And of course, there is no guarantee we will make the right choice to replace him, as Adams seems to be proving at the moment.
Phelan would get a couple of games as caretaker and assuming we don''t lose them all will be given the job.  Having said that, Adams performed poorly in his cameo and was still given the job, so who knows.
As it is we sit 7th, not terrible, but not good either given how we are slipping down the league - probably the worst situation to be in given we have an unproven manager.

[quote user="Newton"]Nutty u reverting to form - offering no opinion - just waiting to shoot people down who have got one

Do u have a view on that ?[/quote]Newton, there are few things in life more irritating than people who have an opinion on everything. Sometimes, IMHO, we are allowed to take a position of "I don''t know."And when you say Nutty is a "sado" - do you mean saddo, or sado-masochist?

I agree with what Jim''s been saying, it was the exact point I was trying to make a couple of pages ago. You can ignore the rest of the season and focus on some recent results against some very weak opposition or you can look at our performance over the season as a whole, observe that we still have all the same weaknesses as a side that have lead to us being cut adrift cannot be solved by this management team and even though we''re capable of occasionally thrashing teams, over the course of the second half of the season we will continue to fail to meet our objective.

I can''t understand how people can justify ignoring Adams'' overall performance this season because of a small cluster of results. We''re only heading one way. Hell Adams/Robson got some great results at the start of the season, they also got a lot of shocking ones, like we still are. How can people advocate damaging our club by sticking with someone who isn''t up to the job.

Okay, another thing, Adams says he hasn''t got a clue why we''ve performed so badly in the two games, then Johnson admits the team haven''t wanted it enough...I MEAN FFS!!! That is farcical!

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Newton"]Nutty u reverting to form - offering no opinion - just waiting to shoot people down who have got one

Do u have a view on that ?[/quote]Newton, there are few things in life more irritating than people who have an opinion on everything. Sometimes, IMHO, we are allowed to take a position of "I don''t know."And when you say Nutty is a "sado" - do you mean saddo, or sado-masochist?[/quote]

Sado - A Malaysian slang, commonly used by teenagers. It describes

someone who is strong and muscular.

Newton actually knows his stuff Nuff!

Nutty it is a fiasco......Adams should never have been risked....now we have limited options in a pivotal season for this club!

What do you call it?

I''d rather Adams stayed than Warnock or Rosler, but here we go again.....all change and upheaval.

At least Adams has gone to give the new manager time to make January changes.....credit to Adams.

Hope the board have someone lined up better than Phelan or Warnock.