Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Lennon

We officially approached Colchester to speak to Lambert. We then approached Brum to speak to Hughton.Did we ever speak to Celtic or Lennon prior to the appointment of Mr Rookie? I was staggered to hear he left Celtic on the same day we appointed Adams, so cannot understand our approach this time round, had we not even tested the water here?

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]8 wins, 4 draws and only two defeats since taking charge of a side that was heading only one way, case closed .......[/quote]

There is a well known poster on this site who will tell you that as Norwich beat Bolton ( was it Lennons first or second game in charge) then Adams MUST be a better manager[:D]

Perhaps when the board wre looking all over Eurpoe for a manager they didn''t realise Scotland is in Eurpoe.Thats how thick our board is

Lennon is very like Lambert, a bit single minded, Celtic thru and thru and probably would use us as a stepping stone, i suspect the club wanted someone they can manipulate like a giant puppet, however i think Lennon would have taken us up and with a lack of decent managers out there it looks like we are stuck with that numpty Adams !!

When Lennon interviewed on talk sport after the world cup he said he was never approached re the Norwich job

He did nor elaborate any further - but if the board thought he was a contender then why was he not approached direct ?

Had a decision already been made to run with Adams ?

Darren Eadie also said on radio Norfolk that he understood that one of the boards criteria was to ask potential Managers for an estimation of there remuneration package plus the same for there support team - he went on to say that he suspects that this is why McKay went no further than spending 3 days in an hotel in Dunston Hall (he was too expensive)

NB Chuckle Brothers if u comment please concentrate of the view expressed in the thread and refrain from playing on words

And the reason why the board should be accountable for tge current feeling not Adams.....in my book.

Lennon would not have been everyones choice but would have been a lot of fans first choice......unlike Adams who was no fans choice.

I''d like to see the board make an approach for him now. Yes it would cost a lot of money but we need to get someone like him in. Unfortunately i think the board blew their chances with him last season.

The issue we have is that for some reason......board....location ......club we don''t appear to be attractive to some managers.

I''m not sure why Lennon or Howe or McCarthy would quit their current teams to move here!

None of us know the real reason for not approaching Lennon but personally I suspect Tim is not far off the mark. Lambert made life uncomfortable for the Board and with Lennon being a similar type of character that''s the last thing they wanted. Much better to appoint another tame puppet like so many before.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]8 wins, 4 draws and only two defeats since taking charge of a side that was heading only one way, case closed .......[/quote]

There is a well known poster on this site who will tell you that as Norwich beat Bolton then Adams MUST be a better manager[:D]

[/quote]
Only a fool will form an opinion of a manager based on a single result.

From what ive been told Indy, Lennon was all set to take over last season but Hughton beat Spurs and the board decided to give him more time.

Why was he not approached by the board.....should that not be the question asked to the board?

The problem is last home game.....the barclay & snake pit were chanting.... Delia give us a wave......so I very much doubt there will be much anger directed towards the custodians.

I blame them & the players....they as we all think are good enough then they should be motivated enough to put the effort into games.....simply saying it wasn''t good enough is poor from the players.

[quote user="JF"]From what ive been told Indy, Lennon was all set to take over last season but Hughton beat Spurs and the board decided to give him more time.[/quote]

If that is true which I don''t doubt why was Lennon not put in when he quit or even approached by this board?

"There is a well known poster on this site who will tell you that as Norwich beat Bolton ( was it Lennons first or second game in charge) then Adams MUST be a better manager"

Hilarious isnt it! With that logic the Lennon is better than Pep Guadiola (spelling!?) Hughton better than Fergusson, Wenger. And Adams is on par with Mourinho. Still, the poster you refer to is more concerned with picking petty arguements.

"If that is true which I don''t doubt why was Lennon not put in when he quit or even approached by this board"

What i was told is that Lennon spoke to an ex player of ours and Celtics and was going to stay with him down here until he had himself sorted out as he was about to take over at Norwich. Hughton then beat Spurs and the board decided to give him more time. Lennon withdrew his interest because he had been messed around by the board, hence why he wasnt a candidate in the summer. (Allegedly!)

Malky was the boards preferred choice in the summer but he wanted a ridiculous amount of money. (Allegedly!)

Norwich City FC process for appointing the cheapest managerial option -McNally and Bowkett whittled down the choices after ruling out the ''unaffordable'' options (ie Mackay and Lennon).To keep within budget (and not jeopardise his bonus) McNally rules out the huge expense of trawling round Europe and finding out about managers he''s never heard of.Delia then gets given a shortlist containing people she''s never heard of plus Adams.Delia picks Adams based on the fact that he won the FA Youth Cup, was the best penalty taker and her favourite Radio Norfolk pundit.

[quote user="JF"]"If that is true which I don''t doubt why was Lennon not put in when he quit or even approached by this board"

What i was told is that Lennon spoke to an ex player of ours and Celtics and was going to stay with him down here until he had himself sorted out as he was about to take over at Norwich. Hughton then beat Spurs and the board decided to give him more time. Lennon withdrew his interest because he had been messed around by the board, hence why he wasnt a candidate in the summer. (Allegedly!)

Malky was the boards preferred choice in the summer but he wanted a ridiculous amount of money. (Allegedly!)[/quote]Rumour based on rumour.None of us really know what went on, speculation is fun but ultimately futile.

Indy

"The problem is last home game.....the barclay & snake pit were chanting.... Delia give us a wave......so I very much doubt there will be much anger directed towards the custodians.

I blame them & the players....they as we all think are good enough then they should be motivated enough to put the effort into games.....simply saying it wasn''t good enough is poor from the players."

Yes Indy, there was support for Adams and Delia from the crowd at the last home game, maybe it''s because fans were really happy with what they were seeing. It''s hard to start a Delia out or Adams out chant what you are winning 6-1, makes this whole debate a little bizarre doesn''t it.

It really shows how silly it is to be knee jerk reacting from one result to another, that''s what fans do but I would be disappointed if the people running our club reacted in the same way. We are only just outside the play offs and recent home form at least would suggest we are well capable of top six under the existing regime, on that basis I can''t see anything changing.

Maybe those that want Adams out should be hoping this recent two game failure should continue with a heavy defeat at Bournmouth culminating in a good thrashing at home by Cardiff, a big negative fan reaction then might just do the trick. If both those event do materialise then Adams will get what he deserves, but the Board and CEO, now that''s a different matter.

Ricardo wouldn''t it be nice to really know the whole process since November 2013 when Hughton should have been replaced when 80 % of fans could see that the boring defensive football was leading towards relegation.

Why was he given time.. ..why was he sacked with only 5 games to go? why appoint Adams for those 5 games.....abd finally why go with Adams as some say it was a no win situation......lessons not learned from previous appointment in Gunn.

Jenks, exactly......we were on a very poor run we won 3 and drew with Derby and thought here we go! Two absolutely dire performances and all that good work is undone...the good feeling gone and Adams the scapegoat.

I would love to beat Bournmouth & Cardiff then those with a hatetred of Adams would say lucky results!

Thats why I can''t see this as clear cut as some on here......I can see both sides but still think the board need to answer sime questions on their choice.

Darren eadie has said on radio Norfolk he spoke to garry parker neil lennons no 2 who he knew both from his Leicester days parker said lennon wanted the Norwich job and the day he quit celtic they gave the job to adams !

it was on radio Norfolk I have no link but it is 110 % true which goes to show the board did not want lennon he was a free agent the day he left celtic and he WOULD have came here they had the choice and went for adams !

Like many others I thought that when Lennon quit Celtic he was nailed on for the Norwich job. Maybe McNally had given him some indication that would be the case. Like many others I was then gobsmacked when Adams got the job. I am sure McNally was too. He hasn''t said too much since and I wonder if it is because the rest of the board have overruled him. The fact he is so silent is because if he says what he wants he will get sacked and a yes man be installed. McNally I think is the key to all of this. He wants success. I fear the rest just want to run a club that moves from one disaster to another as long as we don''t get relegated any further.

Just my thoughts .

This all brings back unhappy memories. The day Lennon resigns and thinking great he''s coming here, only to be quashed by Adams getting the job and a massive 3 year contract. It beggars belief. A kick in the teeth. He was a a free agent and the board still couldn''t land him. They couldn''t land a dead fish, or perhaps they already have...

[quote user="canarycop"]Like many others I thought that when Lennon quit Celtic he was nailed on for the Norwich job. Maybe McNally had given him some indication that would be the case. Like many others I was then gobsmacked when Adams got the job. I am sure McNally was too. He hasn''t said too much since and I wonder if it is because the rest of the board have overruled him. The fact he is so silent is because if he says what he wants he will get sacked and a yes man be installed. McNally I think is the key to all of this. He wants success. I fear the rest just want to run a club that moves from one disaster to another as long as we don''t get relegated any further.

Just my thoughts .[/quote]What is the factual basis for you being sure about that? I have never seen any evidence that McNally wanted Lennon in the summer and was overruled.

PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 04/01/2015 10:51 AM:

canarycop wrote:

Like many others I thought that when Lennon quit Celtic he was nailed on for the Norwich job. Maybe McNally had given him some indication that would be the case. Like many others I was then gobsmacked when Adams got the job. I am sure McNally was too. He hasn''t said too much since and I wonder if it is because the rest of the board have overruled him. The fact he is so silent is because if he says what he wants he will get sacked and a yes man be installed. McNally I think is the key to all of this. He wants success. I fear the rest just want to run a club that moves from one disaster to another as long as we don''t get relegated any further. Just my thoughts .

What is the factual basis for you being sure about that? I have never seen any evidence that McNally wanted Lennon in the summer and was overruled.

Purple what u talking about - Canarycop is expressing a view - u can pick this up because he uses the words - thought, think, wonder maybe etc

This is a board of views & opinions - clearly u have not got one

Suggest u head for the chuckle brothers thread where u can all query each others spelling etc

Leave this thread open for people who have views & opinions

We''d be walking the league with Lennon in charge. Even by our owners unbelievably bad history of managerial appointments I am still shocked and disgusted they inexcusably gave Lennon the cold shoulder in favour of an absolute nobody. Disgraceful, pathetic, and unfortunately totally in keeping with the last 20 years

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]We''d be walking the league with Lennon in charge. Even by our owners unbelievably bad history of managerial appointments I am still shocked and disgusted they inexcusably gave Lennon the cold shoulder in favour of an absolute nobody. Disgraceful, pathetic, and unfortunately totally in keeping with the last 20 years[/quote]Who knows. Lennon was my choice at the time and I really was quite certain that it would be him. Only the Board know what really went on and why Adams was selected. In any event we can''t go back to last season, we have to go on from where we are now. My opinion is that they ignored the crowd turning on Adams after the Reading game in order to give Phelan a chance to bed in. It would have looked panicky to set a partnership going only to break it up a few days later.It wouldn''t surprise me if we hear something from McNally very soon. I think Adams has two games at most and in all probability only one if Bouremouth turns out to be a disaster. Some managers get lucky and some don''t, my reading is that Neil Adams may get one more spin of the wheel.

The sad thing is i never want us to lose whatever, but also know Adams has to go, its a catch 22 situation Ricardo, and are we bold enough to go after Lennon now whilst employed and who else is there?

Worrying times for us canary fans........