Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Positives if Alex Neil is the new manager

Positives?Will be a cheaper compensation package if/when things go t*ts up.Will likely keep ticket prices at the same level as we likely won''t have to worry about Premier League prices any time soonWe''ll probably not have to worry about overpaid prima donna''s playing each week as they''ll be dropped for the likes of McGrandles and whichever kids Neil signs for 2p and a bag of chips from HamiltonOn a slightly more serious note, it may actually see some of our younger players like Bennett, Miguel, the Murphy''s, Loza etc get more chances instead of us signing journeymen players on loan...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wr4x-QVy4A

Was the first video I watched of them. Doesn''t seem particularly stodgy, seems a willingness to keep it on the deck and play good football. The second goal is particularly good play.

I remember the same feedback when we appointed lambert with "who''s he etc etc" so let''s give this chap a chance as I''ve got a sneaky feeling he''s going to get us promoted then eventually after a couple of years in the Premiership jump ship for another club which will be offering him 40k a week.

Think this Alex fella will be a crowd favourite within 2 months.

[quote user="estrada rumtotal"]Are we signing him as a player? If so I wonder what the transfer fee will be and if this will be as cheap an option as we might think.[/quote]

Believe he''s on a year rolling contract as a player so we will have to pay a small fee as technically out of contract in the summer.

[quote user="White stuff"]I remember the same feedback when we appointed lambert with "who''s he etc etc" so let''s give this chap a chance as I''ve got a sneaky feeling he''s going to get us promoted then eventually after a couple of years in the Premiership jump ship for another club which will be offering him 40k a week.

Think this Alex fella will be a crowd favourite within 2 months.[/quote]

Crowd favourite? I don''t

[quote user="White stuff"]I remember the same feedback when we appointed lambert with "who''s he etc etc"[/quote]Hang on a second, Lambert not only had 3 years more managerial experience, but he actually had relevant experience in the English leagues as well as a playing career at the top that netted him a Champions League Winners medal!The comparison is simply ridiculous, and in truth the only real fair comparison you can make is that they are both Scottish...

I am excited by this, all the others available have too many failures as much as positives.

He could just be a bit special, who can say he would not have gone onto win the Scottish prem this season given their current position and progression under him.

If he is the Next Alex then we may just have an absolute gem here. Maybe Phelan was aware of him through Fergie etc...

I am more positive about this appointment than I would have been all the others that were talked about.

OTBC

Huge gamble. Massive in fact. Would any other championship side appoint him, i very much doubt. It may turn out to be a masterstroke or he may be gone for June.

[quote user="The recurring 5 year plan"]I am excited by this, all the others available have too many failures as much as positives.

He could just be a bit special, who can say he would not have gone onto win the Scottish prem this season given their current position and progression under him.

If he is the Next Alex then we may just have an absolute gem here. Maybe Phelan was aware of him through Fergie etc...

I am more positive about this appointment than I would have been all the others that were talked about.

OTBC[/quote]

Spot on same here, got a feeling this good be a Gem. Exciting times ahead so let''s get behind him.

If Wee Jimmy is given a year or so and things don''t work out then the next manager we will almost certainly need a clearout with a lesser budget. Two or three years down the road we face a situation where we''ve gone through four or five managers, weakened the squad and are playing even poorer football than we do now.If the board are willing to make crazy and unnecessary gambles as with the appointments of Adams and Wee Jimmy, then they have the capacity to make even more desperate and lunatic ones if things deteriorate in the next couple of years.Few forsaw the decline after our previous relegation from the Premier League. Fans were arogant and complacent. But imagine in two or three years time Iwan Roberts, another football commentator, being called upon to save the club. Another desperate spin of the wheel but unable to prevent the team slipping helplessly into League One.

So far positive outweigh negatives ok Phelan has gone but all the rest seem to carry on from Hamilton

As Hamilton have struggled since he left it proves that he can get a team geling and playing often better than anyone expects

Oh I do love it when people end up with egg on their faces lol.( But only after I have sifted through the thread to make sure one of them wasn''t me)

Anyone still think the appointment was a wrong one - The board and DMcN did their homework and it paid off!!!

[quote user="morty"]Oh I do love it when people end up with egg on their faces lol.( But only after I have sifted through the thread to make sure one of them wasn''t me)[/quote]BWAHAHAHA!!!  [:D][Y][B]

I was one such person who could not take to Niel, but no doubt has been superb in his job and easy to see he''s a good man manager, that''s enough for me.

He''s also talked a great deal of sense today about not buying players who don''t want to be here or buy into his style of hard work!

As I''ve said from day 1 it was a risk, it has paid off and he''s now got a real chance to push us on.

After a special day at Wembley, I cannot question anything he did, tactics and subs spot on and deserves my full thanks for a great job through the play offs.

Great appointment and I can say even though I couldn''t take to him, I certainly appreciate he''s got a very bright future and is a gem of a manager!

Good luck in signing your targets in the summer and thanks to you & the players for making a good day into a fantastic day out at wembly.

Well done to David Mc and the board, to be fair none of us knew a thing about AN but thank god DM and the board did and were prepared to take a bit of a gamble on him.

Can''t wait to see who he gets in and what he can do with the team next season.

He''s still unproven. We should have won that league by a country mile. We will need experience at top level.

alartz the tosser has no clue about football what a clown lol ..Scottish football is better than the English championship get a clue

I''m sure real Norwich fans don''t post on here its the usual idiots who don''t have a clue who post on here ..no lifers this thread proves it ..

[quote user="cannigia1"]I''m sure real Norwich fans don''t post on here its the usual idiots who don''t have a clue who post on here ..no lifers this thread proves it ..[/quote]Do I need to point out the irony?[:)]