Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Breaking News

The level of blind faith on this message board I find extraordinary.

[quote user="Snoots"]I wonder what Bassong thinks of this appointment ![/quote]He''s probably crying down the phone the Chris Hughton about how we''re appointing yet another manager who he''s never heard of, whilst then going into begging mode that CH signs him for Brighton and gets him out of this nightmare...

He ought to be professional enough to keep his opinions to himself and meet the guy first before making his decision, if there is one.

This goes for all players and all of us. Managers should be judged on their results and not what people think, hear or believe.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Snoots"]I wonder what Bassong thinks of this appointment ![/quote]He''s probably crying down the phone the Chris Hughton about how we''re appointing yet another manager who he''s never heard of, whilst then going into begging mode that CH signs him for Brighton and gets him out of this nightmare...[/quote]Who cares what he thinks & let''s hope Hughton takes him so they can rot together in League 1

As I see it we have two choices, we either get behind the new manager, the team and our board or we go and support another team. I love my ncfc so know which I''ll be doing, what about you?

Well I''m strangely excited but very nervous about this!

Two things give me some reassurance:

1. most of the reports from credible seeming Hamilton fans sound positive

2. a big one for me personally is that McNally seems to have gone straight to this guy to get it done. Sounds like he was already on the radar and homework done. If we''d waited 4 weeks and then appointed him I''d be concerned that we were going for third, fourth or whatever best and down at the bottom of the managerial barrel. But McNally seems to be convinced, indicated by the speed of the appointment, that this is the right thing to do.

Might just see if I can take Saturday off for a trip to the seaside........

My thoughts too Tumbleweed. Reminds me more of the shrewd Lambert appointment as opposed to a random stab in the dark. This guy is going to need help with experience and in the transfer market but I''m kinda hoping we keep Phelan for that very reason. They could build a good partnership potentially

[quote user="Snoots"]I wonder what Bassong thinks of this appointment ![/quote]
He won''t have an opinion as he wont have heard of him lol

I have no doubt whatsoever over Alex Neil''s abilities. Pound for pound, no club in Europe is punching more above its weight than Hamilton Academical - and Neil is a huge (though not the only) reason why. Some of the posts earlier in the thread about some "little Jock" playing "hoofball" are ignorant, arrogant, clueless, and based on pure prejudice. The post which should be read and read and read again by everyone on this forum, however, was by the great Andy Larkin.

Unhappily, while not doubting Neil in any way, I do harbour very grave doubts over how our over-paid, mercenary "show us yer medals!" players will react to a 33-year-old they''ve never heard of; and equally grave doubts over our much trumpeted ''football board''. Neil appears to have the very same doubts: hence his latest comments, which provide a reminder that he''s exactly the sort of clear thinking, strong character that this club desperately needs - but will McNally give him what he wants? If he doesn''t, we''ll be right up the creek, and we''ll know exactly who''ll be to blame for that. No pressure, David.

I think the key will be the chemistry between him and Phelan, assuming Phelan stays. The combination of a firebrand manager there to inspire and motivate plus the old wise head with experience of working with arguably the best manager there has ever been is potentially a great recipe. If AN and MP show a united front then regardless of AN''s age the players should respect and respond to a management team which complement each other splendidly.

As to AL''s post I am not with you on that. There have been many posters quite validly expressing surprise at this choice and that it is a gamble. I don''t think anyone can argue that it is not a gamble, but that doesn''t mean that those same posters will not give their support to him. This is an opinion board and the only ones out of line, which is where I am with you, are those few, very few, who have made some derogatory comments about the standard of football at HA and in Scotland.

I quite like the way he has spoken in the lateast interview on the website, particularly saying about the amount of control he wants. Neil Adams seemed to want ''help'' from technical directiors/senior coaching staff etc, so was he playing his own tactics or other people''s? Same with the signings?

I believe at hamilton Neil was in control of the youth teams as well as the senior set up, so he could monitor all the players possible himself rather than going on other people''s opinion.

I''m bored. Was quite good fun going through this old post. Interesting to see peoples opinions on the appointment back in January, "cheap option" & "sack the board" were being thrown round quite a lot. Guess it just shows that we really aren''t the football experts. Where is our friend Portman King?

[quote user="ellis206"]I''m bored. Was quite good fun going through this old post. Interesting to see peoples opinions on the appointment back in January, "cheap option" & "sack the board" were being thrown round quite a lot. Guess it just shows that we really aren''t the football experts. Where is our friend Portman King?[/quote]

Just goes to show that 99% of fans are like John Snow ...they know nothing.

yoda wrote the following post at 21/06/2015 9:39 PM:

ellis206 wrote:
I''m bored. Was quite good fun going through this old post. Interesting to see peoples opinions on the appointment back in January, "cheap option" & "sack the board" were being thrown round quite a lot. Guess it just shows that we really aren''t the football experts. Where is our friend Portman King?

Just goes to show that 99% of fans are like John Snow ...they know nothing.

But is he really dead yoda, will the he rise again I ask?

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]The board always say they have a contingency plan if they have to start looking for a new manager and they obviously see Alex Neil as the next Paul Lambert, I hope they''re right !    Personally who ever comes in I shall fully support him and give him the time he deserves before making a final decision on him. [/quote]Have to say, I was pleased with my response to the new manager !

If you''re ever having a debate with someone on this site, come visit this thread. If they were dead set against the Alex Neil appointment and throwing their toys out of the pram, then you can be fairly certain you''re the more intelligent football fan.

Some hilarious stuff on here!

I can remember just being relieved it wasn''t warnock or some no mark foreigner with a fancy name

I''ve just spent an entertaining few minutes reading this thread from the start. Lots of honest posts from people admitting they had never heard of Alex Neil but prepared to offer their support, along with lots giving their expert opinion that we were doomed and it would result in demonstrations. Most of us were aware at the time they knew diddly squat about football club management. You only had to read some of their suggestions for the new manager.

I wonder how many of these experts were celebrating at Wembley pretending they knew all along how good he was?

My comments aren''t in his thread, must''ve used one of the other numerous ones at the time - but am pretty sure I fully backed him and predicted that we were now certainties to go up via the play-offs! :-)

[quote user="Buh"]

I can remember just being relieved it wasn''t warnock or some no mark foreigner with a fancy name[/quote]

Yep, for once I agree with you, in sentiment anyway.  Was dreading a Malky/Lennon type manager - it was great relief to get someone like Neil who even as an unknown to most of us, could at the time only be described as a young up and coming manager waiting to be head hunted.  McNally as the hunter, knew he had found the man for the job, pounced - and the club is now at the top level. Full marks all round. 

The amount of negativity on this forum at the time of appointment, you would have thought that McNally had just thrown a dart at a board and said ok we''ll have him!

The comments about no ambition made me laugh too - if the club had no ambition they would have promoted from within or appointed someone who was out of work

"I rest my case you Norwich fans are clueless read you''re posts yokels."

It always amuses me that when these individuals post insults, like the one above, they expose their own stupidity by, despite being subject to ten years of one of the finest free education systems in the World, making such basic grammatical mistakes in their own language as our friend has just made there.

It''s "your" posts, you idiot. You''re means "you are."

That''s a quick lesson. You can fill in further gaps by reading the appropriate text book for a few hours, or even by attending the odd evening class.

We all make them occasionally, but that''s remedial level.

I said it was a gamble but I''d judge of performance and not an opinion based on nothing,

Therefore, excellence choice, very happy with his performance and let''s hope he keeps it up!