Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Breaking News

Whichever way you look at it, this appointment would be a massive gamble.But then so are most decisions in life.I will support whoever is chosen[Y]

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Why don''t we just ignore this Portman B@£t*rd ???[/quote]
I honestly don''t know why people engage with him, just tell the scum to fuck off.

[quote user="ricardo"]Whichever way you look at it, this appointment would be a massive gamble.But then so are most decisions in life.I will support whoever is chosen[Y][/quote]But why go for such a huge gamble when there''s safer pairs of hands out there that are far more likely to get you up this season?It just seems so unnecessary!

Well like you we don''t get to appoint the manager.....the owners and board do........you have gone tgrough a shed load of managers before you got McCarthy.......

I''d rather this guy tgan Warnock TBH.

Every manager is a gamble.

[quote user="Indy"]Well like you we don''t get to appoint the manager.....the owners and board do........you have gone tgrough a shed load of managers before you got McCarthy.......

I''d rather this guy tgan Warnock TBH.

Every manager is a gamble.[/quote]I don''t know why the conversation always goes back to ITFC, I''m not comparing us and you.I''m merely saying that with your strongest squad ''on paper'' you''ve put it in the hands of two rookie managers. Wouldn''t it be better managed with someone who knows how to handle individuals, egos and the like? Someone who''s won this division before or the league below perhaps? I just don''t know what boxes this Alex Neil ticks personally. If you''re board are obsessed with finding the next Lambert then more fool them, they won''t find him.

If McCarthy does what he has done before and gets a team promoted what are you going to do then?

Sack him?

Because he''s never done any good in the Premiership!

Lets face it, some fans will moan whoever is appointed whilst some of us will get behind whoever gets the job and give his a chance

I agree its a massive gamble and unlike others on here I''m not defending nor attacking this choice if it happens ...like Ricardo I will wait and see how he fits our club ant the squad. No one really knows anything about him.

Still we have no say, can only wait and see.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]If McCarthy does what he has done before and gets a team promoted what are you going to do then?

Sack him?

Because he''s never done any good in the Premiership![/quote]I don''t know. I''d imagine we''d remain loyal to him for revitalising the club I guess. His record wasn''t too bad at Wolves, he kept them there for 3 seasons AFAIK.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Indy"]Well like you we don''t get to appoint the manager.....the owners and board do........you have gone tgrough a shed load of managers before you got McCarthy....... I''d rather this guy tgan Warnock TBH. Every manager is a gamble.[/quote]

I don''t know why the conversation always goes back to ITFC, I''m not comparing us and you.

I''m merely saying that with your strongest squad ''on paper'' you''ve put it in the hands of two rookie managers. Wouldn''t it be better managed with someone who knows how to handle individuals, egos and the like? Someone who''s won this division before or the league below perhaps? I just don''t know what boxes this Alex Neil ticks personally. If you''re board are obsessed with finding the next Lambert then more fool them, they won''t find him.
[/quote]

How do you know he can''t do this? You''re just making yourself look stupid with this ridiculous attempt at sounding intelligent, we know you''re an idiot.

You don''t need a good playing career to become a good manager....... ALan Shearer, Bryan Robson and Bobby Charlton, to name but a few, testify to that.

Many of the Norwich City squad have under-performed this season, and an off-the -wall appointment like this might not be a bad thing.

It''s an appointment far more enticing than promoting Phelan, dragging in Warnock and the like, and it will become a lot more appetising if Phelan remains as Head Coach.

Hi Guys,

Another follower of Scottish football here but NOT an Accies fan so might be able to give you an insight into what sort of guy Neil is without any bias. I support Partick Thistle and I''ve seen us play the Accies three times this season as well as following what Alex Neil has done since his appointment at New Douglas Park.

He is a tough cookie both on and off the park. He is extremely articulate and doesn''t just throw out a lot of managerial cliches.

Accies have had one of the best academies for young players for a good few years and have produced both McCarthy and McArthur who are in your Premiership now.

Neil took over from Billy Reid, who, himself , was quite impressive and turned down the Swansea job before the now Liverpool manager took it.

This would suggest that there has been continuity at the Hamilton club because they have next to no fans at all. Hamilton is on the outskirts of Glasgow and the populace go off in droves to support Rangers and Celtic.

Despite what has been said on here already, Neil has Hamilton playing good football and they are helluva hard to beat. They are well organised and prepared. They have a lot of youngsters but the experienced players he has brought in he has punching above their weight. I''ve heard him interviewed a few times and he is obviously a thinker about the game and is extremely confident in what he does.

Whatever happens I hope your club makes the right decision and you go from strength to strength. Hope this helps a bit.

Its a gamble but at least someone has looked further a field than Carrow Road

We must support whoever is in charge

Lets get behind him - feel a lot better already

Thanks to the posters from oop north for their input! Less so to the 2 dimwits from down the road who really should see a professional about their obsession with us, don''t you have some old newspaper clippings about the ''good old days'' that your grandparents saved that you could be looking at?

It would definitely be a gamble, but as already mentioned any appointment is. I''ll be honest and say I know nothing about him other than what I''ve learned in the past hour, but he sounds like just what we need. I''m definitely more optimistic/excited about this happening than I would be the vast majority of the other names linked.

Thanks AlexNeilFan. what I found interesting mainly about your opinion of him is that his team are hard to beat and are well organised, especially managing a inch of youngster.

Good luck to Patrick Thistle this season as well.

For those who want us to take the cups more seriously, the last time we poached a manager from Scotland it was Willie Reid from St Mirren, and we promptly won the League Cup...

First up, I''ll go against the grain here and state that I actually think portmanking has made some decent points in generally an unconfrontational way, particularly after relegation and some of the issues in our team.

I''ll also nail my colours to the mast and reiterate that I think (agreeing with our blue friend) that this is a massive gamble and that I fully expected the Board to go for a more experienced, statesmanlike like figure or even someone from abroad, but with bags of experience.

I am genuinely shocked if this is the result. Having said that though I am encouraged by the words from our Scottish posters. I am also encouraged by the fact that it has happened so quickly- it suggests to me that maybe McNally''s eye has been on him as a potential target, perhaps even recommended by others in the know.

I truly hope this works and will of course get behind whoever takes over. But I can''t help feeling it is a naïve attempt to find Lambert Mark 2, essentially a roll of the dice. I also sincerely hope that he is going to work with Phelan, I would hate us to lose access to those years of coaching experience and contacts.

I need to lie down now..............

Very happy with this. I must admit I know very little about him but his career so far is impressive. To be honest I''m just thrilled it''s not Sherwood or Warnock! *lets out massive sigh of relief*

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]First up, I''ll go against the grain here and state that I actually think portmanking has made some decent points in generally an unconfrontational way, particularly after relegation and some of the issues in our team. I''ll also nail my colours to the mast and reiterate that I think (agreeing with our blue friend) that this is a massive gamble and that I fully expected the Board to go for a more experienced, statesmanlike like figure or even someone from abroad, but with bags of experience. I am genuinely shocked if this is the result. Having said that though I am encouraged by the words from our Scottish posters. I am also encouraged by the fact that it has happened so quickly- it suggests to me that maybe McNally''s eye has been on him as a potential target, perhaps even recommended by others in the know. I truly hope this works and will of course get behind whoever takes over. But I can''t help feeling it is a naïve attempt to find Lambert Mark 2, essentially a roll of the dice. I also sincerely hope that he is going to work with Phelan, I would hate us to lose access to those years of coaching experience and contacts. I need to lie down now..............[/quote]

According to Mick Dennis there has been a shortlist drawn up for some time as the board were anxious to avoid another "scouring Europe" episode should Adams not work out, and Neil was at the top of it. McNally has gone after his man again, lets hope this turns out like Lambert and not like Hughton.

I''ve spent the last 2 days going over the lists of people available or realisticly available to a club of our position but already in a job. Let''s be frank, with Pulis off the market and not there to distract the masses the options were fairly bleak... Sherwood, Warnock, Robinson, Phelean... All to me seemed like we would be settling rather than showing ambition.

Now that word ambition can go two ways; our ambition in trying to get a top top proven manager... Likely to end in disappointment and non-commitments. Or showing ambition actually in a person and what they could become.

Now this could backfire spectacularly, however reading accies fans and various articles there is the potential for this to come off for Norwich; good football and an organised firery manager to give a massively under performing squad a kick up the arse.

I''ll be watching with interest and I''ll be behind him if he gets the job.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]First up, I''ll go against the grain here and state that I actually think portmanking has made some decent points in generally an unconfrontational way, particularly after relegation and some of the issues in our team. I''ll also nail my colours to the mast and reiterate that I think (agreeing with our blue friend) that this is a massive gamble and that I fully expected the Board to go for a more experienced, statesmanlike like figure or even someone from abroad, but with bags of experience. I am genuinely shocked if this is the result. Having said that though I am encouraged by the words from our Scottish posters. I am also encouraged by the fact that it has happened so quickly- it suggests to me that maybe McNally''s eye has been on him as a potential target, perhaps even recommended by others in the know. I truly hope this works and will of course get behind whoever takes over. But I can''t help feeling it is a naïve attempt to find Lambert Mark 2, essentially a roll of the dice. I also sincerely hope that he is going to work with Phelan, I would hate us to lose access to those years of coaching experience and contacts. I need to lie down now..............[/quote]

According to Mick Dennis there has been a shortlist drawn up for some time as the board were anxious to avoid another "scouring Europe" episode should Adams not work out, and Neil was at the top of it. McNally has gone after his man again, lets hope this turns out like Lambert and not like Hughton.

[/quote]That Dennis tweet presumably settles it. Neil is not being interviewed as a possible or even a probable in a shorlist but as the choice. Given that Hamilton Academical seem unlikely to stand in Neil''s way, and assuming he wants the job, then he has it. Leaving open the question of his coaching staff.

I''ve spent the last 2 days going over the lists of people available or realisticly available to a club of our position but already in a job. Let''s be frank, with Pulis off the market and not there to distract the masses the options were fairly bleak... Sherwood, Warnock, Robinson, Phelean... All to me seemed like we would be settling rather than showing ambition

WHY OH WHY does it have to be one of them or even from the UK. Like that''s the only place in the world. Is it because foreign managers always fail lile koeman, jose, V.D.G, pinochio-tinio.

Surely after we scoured every nook and cranny of europe and adam''s was the best candidate then Alex Neil was second, then mcnally needs sacking for wasting the clubs funds flying easyjet all over when he could of just used a train ticket :D

I hope it works out for us, I''d just of preferred someone who''s got a wee bit mooor experience wee jimmy

I am ready for a gamble. No yellow and green blood. Possibly incoherent, ruthless and ambitious. Remind you of anyone?