Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Breaking News

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="AJ"]The last time McNally took a risk like this it got us promoted... twice. Before you write the guy off, especially as we''ve confirmed nothing yet, give him a chance! McNally is shrewd and shrewd decisions pay off in business[/quote]Let''s be honest, that''s the only thing McNally''s got right in his tenure at Carrow Road.Put simply, he rolled a double six and got eternally lucky with Lambert. This appointment has even more risk attached to it considering you''ve got PL riches and parachute payments at risk with a rookie who''s never managed in England and will be the same age as some of your playing staff.[/quote]

What on earth are you talking about. He got plenty right for four years hence your absence from this forum. If I was you I wouldn''t get too comfortable ...

This is like Peter Grant all over again. Actually worse, we''re about to appoint a Northern Premier level manager with hardly any experience whose side plays absolutely turgid Pulis style hoofball.This would see the club overtake Leeds for having the most batsh1t insane owner. This has potential to be the most dramatic meltdown in the club''s history.

[quote user="estrada rumtotal"]This is like Peter Grant all over again. Actually worse, we''re about to appoint a Northern Premier level manager with hardly any experience whose side plays absolutely turgid Pulis style hoofball.

This would see the club overtake Leeds for having the most batsh1t insane owner. This has potential to be the most dramatic meltdown in the club''s history.
[/quote]

I think to do that we''d have to appoint a duck as manager.

Alex Neils side NEVER play goofball, he even gives the goalkeeper a rollicking if he kicks the ball pup the park.

His style of play is fast tempo, sharp passing and to hunt the ball down in packs when you lose possession.

[quote user="estrada rumtotal"]This is like Peter Grant all over again. Actually worse, we''re about to appoint a Northern Premier level manager with hardly any experience whose side plays absolutely turgid Pulis style hoofball.This would see the club overtake Leeds for having the most batsh1t insane owner. This has potential to be the most dramatic meltdown in the club''s history.[/quote]

OK, I''ll bite. You are an ignoramous. Northern Premier? Hoofball? Ask Celtic fans who played the better football when we deservedly beat them at home earlier this season. We also destroyed current leaders Aberdeen 3-0.

[quote user="ACCIES"]Alex Neils side NEVER play goofball, he even gives the goalkeeper a rollicking if he kicks the ball pup the park. His style of play is fast tempo, sharp passing and to hunt the ball down in packs when you lose possession.[/quote]

Thank you for that, just a word of warning, some people on here don''t like facts, they don''t trust them over opinions.

[quote user="accie"][quote user="estrada rumtotal"]This is like Peter Grant all over again. Actually worse, we''re about to appoint a Northern Premier level manager with hardly any experience whose side plays absolutely turgid Pulis style hoofball.This would see the club overtake Leeds for having the most batsh1t insane owner. This has potential to be the most dramatic meltdown in the club''s history.[/quote]

OK, I''ll bite. You are an ignoramous. Northern Premier? Hoofball? Ask Celtic fans who played the better football when we deservedly beat them at home earlier this season. We also destroyed current leaders Aberdeen 3-0.[/quote]Ignore him, accie. He''d probably never even heard of the guy before lunchtime today.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="AJ"]The last time McNally took a risk like this it got us promoted... twice. Before you write the guy off, especially as we''ve confirmed nothing yet, give him a chance! McNally is shrewd and shrewd decisions pay off in business[/quote]

Let''s be honest, that''s the only thing McNally''s got right in his tenure at Carrow Road.

Put simply, he rolled a double six and got eternally lucky with Lambert. This appointment has even more risk attached to it considering you''ve got PL riches and parachute payments at risk with a rookie who''s never managed in England and will be the same age as some of your playing staff.
[/quote]

It''s a shame Marcus has never rolled a double six but while he''s getting his interest paid he probably doesn''t care.

Happy/optimistic with this one.

No stand out managers out of a job at all. Nobody obvious that screams come and get me. To a degree Im happy the board have made a decision so soon and just gone with it.

Sherwood''s/phelans have less managerial games under the belt than he does despite the age. Seen lots of people suggestion his aggressive organised nature, just what we need.

Let him get his feet in the door before casting your opinion, was exactly the same with lambert.

Would be an exciting appointment imo. Comes to us, like Lambert, a relative unknown but showing something to whoever it is researching him, that indicates he will have a strong career ahead of him.

A man that can motivate, like Lambert certainly could, is a must at this time with so many egos and inconsistencies within the squad.

It could well be a disaster and all be over in 6 months time but I applaud the board (for once) for not taking an easy option, for doing their research (hopefully!) and for having the balls to take a risk.

left field out of good research. Yes he will be a risk but as these very pages have shown there is not one name out there that does not come with a risk.

he is someone we should get behind. Fingers crossed its finished quickly and message sent to players to up their games.

[quote user="Indy"]Sorry TC age does have a lot to do with things, know this from my own experiences. You know what some footballers are like.....but we will see.[/quote]

What happened to "if you''re good enough then you''re old enough"? Obviously it doesn''t apply if you''re 3 or 13.

The board always say they have a contingency plan if they have to start looking for a new manager and they obviously see Alex Neil as the next Paul Lambert, I hope they''re right !    Personally who ever comes in I shall fully support him and give him the time he deserves before making a final decision on him.

Aside of the fact that my prediction and certainty about Phelan has been blown out of the water.....This is a huge curved ball for probably 99% of us on this board.

When I just read the headline, I had never heard of him, then read further and immediately thought...WTF......BUT, now I have read through this thread and taken in some of the comments from a few posters who''s opinions I usually like and respect, and added in the comments of the Hamilton fans, then I am already relatively positive over this.

Seems to me that McNally and the Board have grown some big one''s and have agreed to go for an appointment they know will get a mixed reaction, is yet another risk, but one they believe in.....certainly interesting time ahead if this is confirmed.

Shocked when this was first announced but having read as much as I can including the two accies on here, I feel much more optimistic.

I can understand the opinion of the board living up to the lil ole Norwich image but Neil could be a damn good call. When I look at some of the names in line for the job, I can only think of Rosler or Lennon that I would prefer but this lad is a young enthusiastic manager that doesn''t suffer fools gladly.

If Phelan is happy to remain as a coach with whoever Neill brings with him, that would be a positive too.

A brave move by McNally who could have gone for an easy option. Fortune favours etc

If he signs then I''m sure we will all get behind him.

After seeing the news I have to say I was initially underwhelmed.

However, since reading about the man for myself and sifting out the kneejerk reactions, the never to be satisfied and the downright lunatic posters, I have changed my mind somewhat. The mare level headed and informed posters also seem to n=be of a similar opinion.

A gamble he may be, but it seems to me that it is a much more informed gamble, given that he has a longer track record with a senior squad. ANY appointment that we could expect to see here would present a degree a risk.

Many thanks to the input of the Accies as well, they seem to reinforce the judgement that this could very well be a gamble that pays off.

[quote user="Kurious Oranj"]Would be an exciting appointment imo. Comes to us, like Lambert, a relative unknown but showing something to whoever it is researching him, that indicates he will have a strong career ahead of him.

A man that can motivate, like Lambert certainly could, is a must at this time with so many egos and inconsistencies within the squad.

It could well be a disaster and all be over in 6 months time but I applaud the board (for once) for not taking an easy option, for doing their research (hopefully!) and for having the balls to take a risk.[/quote]There''s absolutely no correlation between Alex Neil and Paul Lambert whatsoever apart from their nationality...Lambert had played the game at the very top level and had previously managed in England.While Neil may just be the ''next Paul Lambert'', he''s far more likely to be the ''next Derek McInnes/Peter Grant/Stuart McCall/''.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="AJ"]The last time McNally took a risk like this it got us promoted... twice. Before you write the guy off, especially as we''ve confirmed nothing yet, give him a chance! McNally is shrewd and shrewd decisions pay off in business[/quote]Let''s be honest, that''s the only thing McNally''s got right in his tenure at Carrow Road.Put simply, he rolled a double six and got eternally lucky with Lambert. This appointment has even more risk attached to it considering you''ve got PL riches and parachute payments at risk with a rookie who''s never managed in England and will be the same age as some of your playing staff.[/quote]You forgot taking the club from close to bankruptcy to effectively debt-free. But what''s £80 million among friends, even if you''re no longer friends with St John''s Ambulance and all the local businesses you shafted...

To the two Accies - Norwich might as well have given Jocky Scott or Jim Jeffries a ring instead of getting in some nobody who''s managed to hoof their team into the top league. You can''t see it through you Accie-tinted glasses but you play prettified kick and rush rubbish as do several other teams north of the border.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="AJ"]The last time McNally took a risk like this it got us promoted... twice. Before you write the guy off, especially as we''ve confirmed nothing yet, give him a chance! McNally is shrewd and shrewd decisions pay off in business[/quote]Let''s be honest, that''s the only thing McNally''s got right in his tenure at Carrow Road.Put simply, he rolled a double six and got eternally lucky with Lambert. This appointment has even more risk attached to it considering you''ve got PL riches and parachute payments at risk with a rookie who''s never managed in England and will be the same age as some of your playing staff.[/quote]You forgot taking the club from close to bankruptcy to effectively debt-free. But what''s £80 million among friends, even if you''re no longer friends with St John''s Ambulance and all the local businesses you shafted...[/quote]Yes and without the one-off appointment of Lambert you wouldn''t have taken that huge financial step, would you?

Portaloo king goes missing for 5 years and then spends everyday on another teams forum. What a life he must live. Embarrassing.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Kurious Oranj"]Would be an exciting appointment imo. Comes to us, like Lambert, a relative unknown but showing something to whoever it is researching him, that indicates he will have a strong career ahead of him.

It could well be a disaster and all be over in 6 months time but I applaud the board (for once) for not taking an easy option, for doing their research (hopefully!) and for having the balls to take a risk.[/quote]There''s absolutely no correlation between Alex Neil and Paul Lambert whatsoever apart from their nationality...Lambert had played the game at the very top level and had previously managed in England.While Neil may just be the ''next Paul Lambert'', he''s far more likely to be the ''next Derek McInnes/Peter Grant/Stuart McCall/''.[/quote]

The correlation, as I said in my post was that Lambert was a relative unknown (in a management sense), as Neil would be.

Also, can you explain to me the different rules of football in Scotland because the way people use this as an excuse for arguments is hilarious. It''s still football in Scotland and I''m not saying I have any clue what the scouts have seen in Neil''s management to recommend him, but obviously they have seen something, and if it is at all Lambert esque then fantastic.

Anyway yes 1p5wich are doing very well, McCarthys a great manager and nice to know you''re still out there after 4 years. Bring it on..

The funny thing is......those who appear to be overjoyed with this potential appointment are the same people who would have been this happy had it been Ronald McDonald appointed.

In all reality this guy is a novice, is very young, has no massive playing CV and only managed 1 side in lower league Scotland.

Great appointment? Only time will tell but on what criteria and who''s choice is this appointment.

Can''t get excited as I know nothing of him the same as 99% of city fans. Only once he comes here and outlines his plans and we see him in the flesh can we really start to say if hes a good appointment.

This is another high risk appointment given who the board appointed in the summer.....hope it works out for them and us the supporters.....

I hope that all city fans give him the time to make his mark..he might well get the players up and hit top form from day 1, fingers crossed.

Not excited not unhappy not anything as we don''t know nothing about him.....just hope he fits our club as Lambert did.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="AJ"]The last time McNally took a risk like this it got us promoted... twice. Before you write the guy off, especially as we''ve confirmed nothing yet, give him a chance! McNally is shrewd and shrewd decisions pay off in business[/quote]Let''s be honest, that''s the only thing McNally''s got right in his tenure at Carrow Road.Put simply, he rolled a double six and got eternally lucky with Lambert. This appointment has even more risk attached to it considering you''ve got PL riches and parachute payments at risk with a rookie who''s never managed in England and will be the same age as some of your playing staff.[/quote]You forgot taking the club from close to bankruptcy to effectively debt-free. But what''s £80 million among friends, even if you''re no longer friends with St John''s Ambulance and all the local businesses you shafted...[/quote]Yes and without the one-off appointment of Lambert you wouldn''t have taken that huge financial step, would you?[/quote]We wouldn''t have gone bankrupt whether Lambert joined or not. And despite your vertiginous position in the Championship it doesn''t appear to have done much for your balance sheet. Take McCarthy away and the whole thing would crumble. Despite relegation we are still able to attract highly regarded talent.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="AJ"]The last time McNally took a risk like this it got us promoted... twice. Before you write the guy off, especially as we''ve confirmed nothing yet, give him a chance! McNally is shrewd and shrewd decisions pay off in business[/quote]Let''s be honest, that''s the only thing McNally''s got right in his tenure at Carrow Road.Put simply, he rolled a double six and got eternally lucky with Lambert. This appointment has even more risk attached to it considering you''ve got PL riches and parachute payments at risk with a rookie who''s never managed in England and will be the same age as some of your playing staff.[/quote]You forgot taking the club from close to bankruptcy to effectively debt-free. But what''s £80 million among friends, even if you''re no longer friends with St John''s Ambulance and all the local businesses you shafted...[/quote]Yes and without the one-off appointment of Lambert you wouldn''t have taken that huge financial step, would you?[/quote]We wouldn''t have gone bankrupt whether Lambert joined or not. And despite your vertiginous position in the Championship it doesn''t appear to have done much for your balance sheet. Take McCarthy away and the whole thing would crumble. Despite relegation we are still able to attract highly regarded talent.[/quote]Bobbins. You were on the verge of administration in League One.As for this highly regarded talent, it''s genuinely the first I''ve ever heard of his name today and I like to think I know my stuff about our beautiful game. Highly regarded north of the border maybe...

[quote user="portman_king"]Yes and without the one-off appointment of Lambert you wouldn''t have taken that huge financial step, would you?[/quote]Most would call an £86m debt a huge financial step......................backwards. [:S]

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="AJ"]The last time McNally took a risk like this it got us promoted... twice. Before you write the guy off, especially as we''ve confirmed nothing yet, give him a chance! McNally is shrewd and shrewd decisions pay off in business[/quote]

Let''s be honest, that''s the only thing McNally''s got right in his tenure at Carrow Road.

Put simply, he rolled a double six and got eternally lucky with Lambert. This appointment has even more risk attached to it considering you''ve got PL riches and parachute payments at risk with a rookie who''s never managed in England and will be the same age as some of your playing staff.
[/quote]

You forgot taking the club from close to bankruptcy to effectively debt-free.

But what''s £80 million among friends, even if you''re no longer friends with St John''s Ambulance and all the local businesses you shafted...
[/quote]

Yes and without the one-off appointment of Lambert you wouldn''t have taken that huge financial step, would you?
[/quote]

We wouldn''t have gone bankrupt whether Lambert joined or not. And despite your vertiginous position in the Championship it doesn''t appear to have done much for your balance sheet. Take McCarthy away and the whole thing would crumble. Despite relegation we are still able to attract highly regarded talent.
[/quote]

Bobbins. You were on the verge of administration in League One.

As for this highly regarded talent, it''s genuinely the first I''ve ever heard of his name today and I like to think I know my stuff about our beautiful game. Highly regarded north of the border maybe...
[/quote]

We all know you''re deluded you don''t have to prove it.

No time for moaning now , if he signs he''ll have my support!!! I hope he''ll be a new Messiah...I still remember the comments Lambert got and he proved the doubters wrong didn''t he?

But what will this mean for Phelan? What do you reckon?