Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Breaking News

[quote user="accie"]Hi folks, Hamilton fan here. Very sad to think we might lose our fantastic manager. Accies currently sit third in the Premier which is quite staggering for a club with barely 2000 supporters. We play good quick football, centred around a group of young players, the bulk of whom have came through the clubs youth system (we currently sit top of the U20 league, above Celtic and Rangers).

Alex has graduated from being Billy Reid''s assistant, our previous manager who did a great job, three seasons in the SPL, before losing his mojo somewhat. He turned down the Swansea job, they got Rodgers instead and is now assistant manager in the Swedish second Division. For that reason, I can''t see Alex turning this job down. Fancy he might take the brilliant Tony Andreu with him, check out some of his goals on that link in the other thread. Stephen Hendrie our left back is seemingly about to go to the Premiership for around £2m but our next best player for me after Andreu is wee Ali Crawford but he might be too light weight for the Championship.

Anyway, jumping the gun a bit here but I think you will have a diamond in Neil, who is also a very valuable player to us, a defensive midfielder but he has had many injury problems over the years and will probably now hang up his boots.[/quote]

We''re signing Neil Diamond?!. I guess that he is after all just one of three being interviewed, and we shouldn''t forget that, but it''s a yes from me. Sounds just what we need.

Thanks for the insight Accie,

it''s never nice when as a smaller team and things are going well that somebody comes and spoils the party. if Alex comes here I hope he does well and who know maybe you''ll come down here for a friendly in the close season.

I hope your good form continues as it''s always nice to upset the giants in any league.

Don''t you love how people moan at the thought of a well thought of young Scottish manager coming here.Remember the last one?Numpties.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Alex "]Yes Indy, we should be going for Frank Rijkaard as that will guarantee success.................................

It''ll go one way or the other of course, but personally having spent the morning reading everything I can on him, he sounds as close to the next Paul Lambert as we could get. There is a hell of a lot in his favour though I understand the lack of ''wow'' factor. Personally, I hope we do appoint someone with a bit of backbone, that''s what we''re lacking above all. Hughton and Adams - too nice. He doesn''t sound the type to worry about egos.[/quote]

Me too Alex. Excites me more than Phelan or many of the "names" that continually do the rounds.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2771546/Alex-Neil-s-managerial-success-nine-years-making-looks-build-Hamilton-s-superb-start-season.html

[/quote]

Can I ask why does this excite you? It''s a huge risk again.

Yes any manager is a risk but one failure of Adams was gianing respect of some senior players and I don''t see this guy making a big impact to some of our lazy senior players.

Still I''m more excitef than if it wad Warnock....

We will see.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Alex "]Yes Indy, we should be going for Frank Rijkaard as that will guarantee success.................................

It''ll go one way or the other of course, but personally having spent the morning reading everything I can on him, he sounds as close to the next Paul Lambert as we could get. There is a hell of a lot in his favour though I understand the lack of ''wow'' factor. Personally, I hope we do appoint someone with a bit of backbone, that''s what we''re lacking above all. Hughton and Adams - too nice. He doesn''t sound the type to worry about egos.[/quote]

Me too Alex. Excites me more than Phelan or many of the "names" that continually do the rounds.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2771546/Alex-Neil-s-managerial-success-nine-years-making-looks-build-Hamilton-s-superb-start-season.html

[/quote]

You going to the Bournemouth game Eddie? PM or text me if so and we''ll meet up for a beer!

What I don;t like about this is that its obviously something of a risk and perhaps more of a risk than going for one of the old names such as Warnock.

However, what I really like about it is that this is clearly someone we have done some research into or who has been recommended to us. We have targeted him immediately and he''s a name out of left field. This is Mcnally back operating in the manner he did when we recruited Lambert and Hughton and appears in sharp contrast to the summer where the only names linked were managers out of work. I am therefore cautiously optimistic if Neil does end up being the man.

we after reading what their fans are saying sounds good to me hard tough manager who plays attack high pressing football !!

I just hope he can carry that on here and be his own man

if any of us were given the chance I am sure we would give our players a good rollicking if they don''t like it get rid hardly pulling up trees are they !

Another Accies fan here.

Its interesting reading through the posts. I understand where most of you are coming from. You don''t know anything about the man.

As player his career has not hit the heights his ability surely deserved. From what I understand he is well regarded at both Barnsley and Mansfield. At Hamilton has always been head and shoulders most of the players up here. If it was not for some serious injuries and a genuine affinity with Hamilton, he would have played at a much higher level.

He nurtured a young James McCarthy and James McArthur and helped them become the players they are today. He''s always been VERY vocal on the pitch and is held in very high regard by every player that has played with him or for him.

The current hamilton team, as has been said before is made up from a bunch of youngsters, who have been together for many years. Alex brought them on in the under 17''s.

We are the smallest team, with the smallest budget in the SPFL, but Alex has got us playing attractive offensive football. He will never sit back to protect a lead, his objective is to score as many goals as possible.

He is hard player, he stands his ground and will not take any crap from prima donnas.

His best quality however is that he has found a way of galvanising a group of boys into an effective unit. They play for each other and for him.

I will be absolutely gutted if Alex leaves us. He has been exceptionally loyal, and we will probably falter without him at the helm. But I''d also be made up for him as he deserves his chance.

If he does come to Norwich, please give him a chance. I am sure you won''t regret it

Seems like a massive gamble to me, really surprised at this. I can''t work out whether the posts in support are genuinely held views or just looking for positives out of a real left field call?!!

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

You going to the Bournemouth game Eddie? PM or text me if so and we''ll meet up for a beer![/quote]

Alas not going to Bournemouth Alex. Don''t get away so often these days. But we will meet up for that beer sooner or later[:)] [B] [Y]

Jim Smith wrote the following post at 07/01/2015 1:47 PM:

What I don;t like about this is that its obviously something of a risk and perhaps more of a risk than going for one of the old names such as Warnock.

However, what I really like about it is that this is clearly someone we have done some research into or who has been recommended to us. We have targeted him immediately and he''s a name out of left field. This is Mcnally back operating in the manner he did when we recruited Lambert and Hughton and appears in sharp contrast to the summer where the only names linked were managers out of work. I am therefore cautiously optimistic if Neil does end up being the man.

That''s a good post Jim, I feel pretty much the same. Generally the response on here seems to be cautious optimism, which I actually find a bit surprising, the big worry is the status the guy will have with the Prima Donna players.

If they don''t buy into this then there will have to be a wholesale clearout of egos and a fresh start,wonder how many fans will have the stomach for that?

I''ve always been a fan of Alex, he was my number one choice, he reminds me of all of the good managers there has ever been, his qualities are unbelievable and one thing you''ll need to understand is that he doesn''t suffer fools gladly, having said that he like a laugh. He''s never lost a dressing room in his career and his man management skills are unquestionable, Alex''s skills on the pitch are easily transferred to the training ground and he may not have starred in so called big matches but he certainly knows how to win, he hates to not win. One thing we''ll all be grateful for is that we''ll have press conferences where there will be an imprenaterable accent to get through before we can pick apart the minute details in his statements and if he does praise the opposition it won''t matter because no-one will understand what he''s saying.

What a joke!! The board should hang their heads in shame at even contemplating such a ridiculous appointment. McWally, delia, fry get your 5hit and go ASAP!!!

This is why we sniggered at by every other teams fans, because it''s tin-pot time in the carrow road board room YET A F*CKING GAIN!

[quote user="Indy"]It''s a huge risk again.

Yes any manager is a risk but one failure of Adams was gianing respect of some senior players and I don''t see this guy making a big impact to some of our lazy senior players.[/quote]I didn''t know we had ''lazy'' senior players. What I do know is that we had a manager not setting a team up well enough to consistently produce results at a level where we should be doing much better than we are.Many people want a manager with experience. Usually these ''experienced'' managers who get mentioned when a vacancy arises have a CV littered with failings amongst some success, hence why they''re often without a job. All this guy has done so far is come into a difficult job at a small club, won plenty of matches, won a promotion, and is now regularly winning at the top level available to that club.Get him in, I say. There are plenty of managers in their 30''s doing a good job with limited resources throughout the Football League. Just look at the team at the top of our division as the obvious example.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/220043-alex-neil-to-norwich/

heres a link to a general scottish football forum. that makes interesting reading

A man walks into a bar and says "Ow!" because it was an iron bar, that''s a joke, you need to work on your material.

This is my issue Accies......we have some rather over rated big egos here and 33years old I hope he can motivate some aging billy big.b*****s who don''t appear to be motivated.

I like the fact you say he can get the best out of the youngsters, we do have some young tallent here too.

Well I''d give him full support and wish him success but its a tough gig! Given what the fans have been dished up I''m not sure what reception he will get if he has a bad start.

Fingers crossed he fits our club.

Once again your board goes for an unproven, cheap option. The mind boggles! Why not just go for a proven boss that''s won trophies that''s capable of galvanising your individuals and getting them to play as a team?! With the riches on offer in the PL why you''d go for a rookie again who has simply thrived at a small-time club with an underdog attitude is beyond me.

from Hamilton twitter ..... for those that do not have or look on there twitter

Further to an official approach by Norwich City, permission was granted for our Manager Alex Neil to meet the Norwich Board. Alex travelled to Norwich today to view the stadium and training ground.

Alex will return tomorrow for a meeting with myself after which a further statement will be made. We are delighted that Alex''s achievements have been recognised by this approach and that our policy of progressing players, staff and managers continues.

Ronnie MacDonald

Vice Chairman

If some of our players do a Bassong and get above themselves because they think they should only be playing for a managerial superstar then thats up to them, they''re at this level at the moment because they aren''t good enough for big name clubs and big name Managers though they''re very welcome to try and find one if they so desire.

Neill will want to make himself and the club a bigger and better name than he or we are at the moment, great opportunity for him to make the step up in his career and,  if he turns out to be good enough for us to have some top 8 Prem clubs wanting him in 2, 2 and a half years time then brilliant.

The last time McNally took a risk like this it got us promoted... twice. Before you write the guy off, especially as we''ve confirmed nothing yet, give him a chance! McNally is shrewd and shrewd decisions pay off in business

[quote user="Indy"]This is my issue Accies......we have some rather over rated big egos here and 33years old I hope he can motivate some aging billy big.b*****s who don''t appear to be motivated. I like the fact you say he can get the best out of the youngsters, we do have some young tallent here too. Well I''d give him full support and wish him success but its a tough gig! Given what the fans have been dished up I''m not sure what reception he will get if he has a bad start. Fingers crossed he fits our club.[/quote]

I don''t think it matters whether he''s 33, 43, 53 or 23, now 13 or 3 would be an issue.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Seems like a massive gamble to me, really surprised at this. I can''t work out whether the posts in support are genuinely held views or just looking for positives out of a real left field call?!![/quote]We don''t get to pick a manager who isn''t some kind of gamble, though he - if it is him - would be more of a gamble than some. He ticks some necessary boxes. A manager rather than a coach, and someone who seems like a tough nut. Young and ambitious, as opposed to an old warhorse (Warnock) way past his prime.On the downside he hasn''t managed in the Championship, and may need to be on a very steep learning curve. Which might be aided by whoever his coaches are. Whether at least one out of Holt and Phelan stays or whether he brings in staff from Hamilton.For what it is worth, sometimes one just gets a vibe about a player or a manager. The vibe I get is good, but if chosen he is moving into a tough old world.

If he is announced, let''s try and give him some support and encouragement to succeed for a change!

[quote user="AJ"]The last time McNally took a risk like this it got us promoted... twice. Before you write the guy off, especially as we''ve confirmed nothing yet, give him a chance! McNally is shrewd and shrewd decisions pay off in business[/quote]Let''s be honest, that''s the only thing McNally''s got right in his tenure at Carrow Road.Put simply, he rolled a double six and got eternally lucky with Lambert. This appointment has even more risk attached to it considering you''ve got PL riches and parachute payments at risk with a rookie who''s never managed in England and will be the same age as some of your playing staff.

Oh dear.

I hear that Delia loves her haggis and she really picks the team at norwich. This cook will win you the leagueand take you into the top 4. There needs to be more strong women in football.

Long live Delia and all that sail with her.

Good luck

Giss a kiss

Xxxxxxxxx

Sorry TC age does have a lot to do with things, know this from my own experiences.

You know what some footballers are like.....but we will see.