Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Breaking News

Hamilton accies manager Alex Neil is in #Norwich having talks. Accies were approached last night.

This is from her twitter feed.

Who are you?

Not sure what planet the board are on.....33 year old single club manager in Scotland.

His highest playing stat was for Barnsly.......

Now I''m not saying he won''t be a good manager but for a club like ours who have just gone through 6 months of failure by hiring a novice and now look to be taking yet another gamble if this is the No 1 target.

Can anyone understand the thought process, or are we not really very attractive given our club and its board?

Not really the exlerienced man to sort out the big egos.

Hey ho......not signed as manager yet!

1 to 2 with Coral, £50 gone on him, £75 return, don''t let me down Alex! Bet after Hamilton tweeted "club statement shortly"

If he''s appointed, I now approve. The club owe me one after I lost a tenner on Hooper''s jan move that fell through!

Further to an official approach by Norwich City FC permission was

granted for Alex Neil to meet the Norwich board, Alex travelled to

Norwich today to view the stadium and training ground, Alex will return

tomorrow for a meeting with myself after which a further statement will

be made. We are delighted that Alex''s acheivements have been recognised

by this approach and that our policy of progressing players, staff and

managers continues.

Ah, i only saw the first half of that originally and was a bit worried. That second part sounds like a done deal! I owe him a pint next time I see him!

If this is true it really shows the boards aspirations for NCFC to be only a Championship side

Happy with this.
For literally no reason I can think off.
Excites me more than Sherwood, Warnock and co.

Yes Indy, we should be going for Frank Rijkaard as that will guarantee success.................................

It''ll go one way or the other of course, but personally having spent the morning reading everything I can on him, he sounds as close to the next Paul Lambert as we could get. There is a hell of a lot in his favour though I understand the lack of ''wow'' factor. Personally, I hope we do appoint someone with a bit of backbone, that''s what we''re lacking above all. Hughton and Adams - too nice. He doesn''t sound the type to worry about egos.

hogesar wrote the following post at 07/01/2015 1:20 PM:

Happy with this.

For literally no reason I can think off.

Excites me more than Sherwood, Warnock and co.

Similar - none of the other ''candidates'' really excited me so perhaps a bit of the unknown can!

To have Phelan assistant to a hard nosed, aggressive Scotsman could be something he has been well trained for!

done well with a much smaller club with no resources at all (admittedly in a league 1 quality league)

very young at 33... are we appointing a manager or "one of the lads"???

not sure what to make of it..

Neil in talks and at the clubhttps://www.clubcall.com/norwich-city/neil-allowed-to-talk-to-norwich-1754006.html

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Further to an official approach by Norwich City FC permission was

granted for Alex Neil to meet the Norwich board, Alex travelled to

Norwich today to view the stadium and training ground, Alex will return

tomorrow for a meeting with myself after which a further statement will

be made. We are delighted that Alex''s acheivements have been recognised

by this approach and that our policy of progressing players, staff and

managers continues.[/quote]The fact that Neil is staying here overnight suggests he is seriously in the running. And the statement certainly doesn''t suggest Hamilton are going to try to stand in his way if offered the job.

The article that calls him a "Natural Manager" swings it for me. We need someone who just fits like that. Some things in management just can''t be taught.

[quote user="Dibs"]Neil in talks and at the clubhttps://www.clubcall.com/norwich-city/neil-allowed-to-talk-to-norwich-1754006.html

[/quote]HOLD ON.Clubcall still exists?!

Far more enthused by this appointment than by that of Adams. Has done well with a small (even by Scottish standards) club who are currently sitting 3rd after winning promotion last year. If he is appointed, which seems likely, there has definitely been some ''out of the box'' thinking this time around which was a criticism with the last appointment. Seems, on face value, like a young, hungry manager. Exactly what is required at the moment, and hopefully that passion will rub off onto one or two of the current first team players that seem to lack it and those that don''t buy into it will, with any luck, be shown the A11 now that the dueling has been completed.

Hi folks, Hamilton fan here. Very sad to think we might lose our fantastic manager. Accies currently sit third in the Premier which is quite staggering for a club with barely 2000 supporters. We play good quick football, centred around a group of young players, the bulk of whom have came through the clubs youth system (we currently sit top of the U20 league, above Celtic and Rangers).

Alex has graduated from being Billy Reid''s assistant, our previous manager who did a great job, three seasons in the SPL, before losing his mojo somewhat. He turned down the Swansea job, they got Rodgers instead and is now assistant manager in the Swedish second Division. For that reason, I can''t see Alex turning this job down. Fancy he might take the brilliant Tony Andreu with him, check out some of his goals on that link in the other thread. Stephen Hendrie our left back is seemingly about to go to the Premiership for around £2m but our next best player for me after Andreu is wee Ali Crawford but he might be too light weight for the Championship.

Anyway, jumping the gun a bit here but I think you will have a diamond in Neil, who is also a very valuable player to us, a defensive midfielder but he has had many injury problems over the years and will probably now hang up his boots.

Happy with this the fact that nobody has heard of him shouldn''t be an issue after all i''m sure Arsenal fans said the same about Arsene Wenger

I have never lost faith in our board but seriously WTF are you thinking maybe its so we''ll be happy when they say its phelan . If not this guy better work miracles because if this one fails they have got to go . Say they went for uwe and it failed they could say they thought he was the best man out there and get away with it but a total no one from Hamilton he fails thats it see you all later

[quote user="Alex "]Yes Indy, we should be going for Frank Rijkaard as that will guarantee success.................................

It''ll go one way or the other of course, but personally having spent the morning reading everything I can on him, he sounds as close to the next Paul Lambert as we could get. There is a hell of a lot in his favour though I understand the lack of ''wow'' factor. Personally, I hope we do appoint someone with a bit of backbone, that''s what we''re lacking above all. Hughton and Adams - too nice. He doesn''t sound the type to worry about egos.[/quote]

Me too Alex. Excites me more than Phelan or many of the "names" that continually do the rounds.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2771546/Alex-Neil-s-managerial-success-nine-years-making-looks-build-Hamilton-s-superb-start-season.html