Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Managerial Candidates

pretty confident its going to be phelanas long as its not warnock or sherwood then its all good.

shame its not going to be lambert

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]If we get Nigel Adkins then we can recycle Neil Adams training gear.[/quote]

How about Alex Neil from Hamilton Academical (although he would have to stand on his head)

This was always going to happen after the Phelan appointment if things started to go wrong. So IMO its definitely going to be Phelan, who has had opportunity to assess the squad, and despite those who say he has had no experience, he has plenty to bring and I am OK with that. What I will be doing, whoever it is, is giving 100% backing for the rest of this season, as we are still in with a great chance of promotion.

I definitely think our boards will give Adkins some serious consideration. I don''t want him but ''proven'' at this level, tries to play good football and is an all round positive charismatic nice guy. I could see him ace-ing the interview if he gets one. But he would be a huge gamble and worries me.

Could be good as a last resort if we run out of options, but I''m pretty sure he''ll be on our shortlist

[quote user="Darth Catbeard"]I definitely think our boards will give Adkins some serious consideration. I don''t want him but ''proven'' at this level, tries to play good football and is an all round positive charismatic nice guy. I could see him ace-ing the interview if he gets one. But he would be a huge gamble and worries me.

Could be good as a last resort if we run out of options, but I''m pretty sure he''ll be on our shortlist[/quote]

I can''t tell if you''re being serious or not. I really hope you''re not.

I don''t want him! I doubt anyone else does. I''m just sure our board would give him some consideration. No one else wanted and Adams and we got him, you never know with us...

I said it before Hughton was appointed, I said it before Adams was appointed and I''m going to suggest it for the third and final time today - Francesco Guidolin.Great experience and reputation in the game, has already shown desire to manage in the UK before, managed to get one of the weaker squads in Serie A into 3rd and 4th respectively (Udinese) after already managing to get Parma promoted from Serie B and then keeping them safely there the season after, has an eye for talent and has recently been focusing on this scouting aspect for the Pozzo family as well.Forget names like Zola and Di Matteo, if we''re ever going to make the right decision it needs to be now and instead of hiring some middle of the road names with limited experience, lets bring in a man who''s been there, done that, bought the t-shirt and now can have the chance to manage a great club without a lot of the hassle and BS he''s likely to have faced in Italy.GUIDOLIN IN!

[quote user="iron_stan"]pretty confident its going to be phelanas long as its not warnock or sherwood then its all good.

shame its not going to be lambert[/quote][Y]

Can''t see anyone else getting it other than Phelan.

Would like us to head hunt and lure a currently employed manager rather than sifting through the unattached.

Mario Been for me, taught by one of the best, did well at Genk, had them playimg good football and is currently unemployed (cheap so should be a sure thing)

Like many of the posters, I think Phelan is likely to get it - or at least be given an extended run. A new manager will want to appoint his own No 2 - which means Phelan''s position would then be in doubt. How do you motivate him in that interim situation if he thinks he is also on his way out? And I could see Culverhouse joining him. 3 straight convincing wins should see him safe....

Curbishley would be my first choice by a long way. He is in the Allardyce & Pullis mode of manager that is able to keep clubs in the Premership.

Warnock would not be a bad choice as he can get clubs out of the Championship, but struggles to keep them in the Premership.

If we are going for an up and coming manager then Paul Hartley would be a great shout. His had three consecutive promotions in Scotland and Dundee aren''t doing to baldy in the Scottish Premier at the moment having only just come up .

Curbishley?!?? No thankyou how uninspiring would that be? Its so uninspiring he''ll probably be announced as the new manager tomorrow, Gunn as his number 2 and Chris goreham as tea boy or the karsa roll as some know it

A good start would be a manager and a manager who''s already in a job. The reason if we have to poach a manager means they are good enough to be still wanted by the club.

This may cost more but you get to choose the right person.

Secondly a manager who has premiership experience because that''s what they will need next season. What would the point of picking an inexperienced manager only to fail in the prem.

Another cheap option could cost the club millions.

Why?

Name a realistic target with a better record then Curbishley?

He took Charlton from a 3 Division club to an established Premership tem. They then went quickly back to the 3rd Division after he left.

He then went to West Ham and kept them up after they looked almost certain to get relegated and then the following season got them in the top half. After he left then West Ham flirted with relegation for a couple of seasons before getting relegated.

[quote user="zema abbey football genius"]NIGEL CLOUGH.....a passionate winner[/quote]Is he? A good lower league manager but his Championship record isn''t great.

[quote user="mre2"]Why?

Name a realistic target with a better record then Curbishley?

He took Charlton from a 3 Division club to an established Premership tem. They then went quickly back to the 3rd Division after he left.

He then went to West Ham and kept them up after they looked almost certain to get relegated and then the following season got them in the top half. After he left then West Ham flirted with relegation for a couple of seasons before getting relegated.[/quote]

For god sake he hasn''t managed for over 6 years. Def no to him & def no to Tim Sherwood, mike Phelan, neil warnock & all the usual suspects mentioned

One of the main reasons Derby are where they are today is because of the work he did there. They were in massive debt so his job was mainly concerned with cutting the wage bill and maintaining their status in the ccc.....both of which he achieved.

Decent cup manager too

Was disappointed we didn''t get Howe in the summer, no chance now and missed the boat on Lennon and Pulis. Wonder if it will be someone like Northern Ireland boss Michael O''Neill, who lives in Edinburgh...

Interesting choice Parma, there''s one question though, how many of our players have a brain to train?