http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/norwich_city_s_neil_adams_will_hang_fire_before_unleashing_gary_hooper_on_the_championship_1_3794051

Hooper''s not doing much to endear himself to us supporters at the moment. There''s unrest about him tweeting from the golf when we had a match without mentioning our game. Adrian Forbes said on Saturday that Hooper had been in training hard that morning so hopefully it won''t be too long before he has the chance to get back in our good books[;)]

One goal in the last two (home) games hardly makes a striking crisis, but suddenly goals do not flow as easily as they had started to.

With another two weeks break (of hard training) Hooper might be nearly cooked in time for the resumption, and it could well be the opportune moment.

I remain confident that he will produce the goods for us, but admit that the odd doubt has crept in recently, for one reason or another.

Hard labour for Sean Penn in "Casualties of War,"  hard training for our boys at Carrow Road and, perhaps, some hard biscuit (Ryvita) for Gary Hooper then.

Footballers that drift out of shape are by definition unprofessional.

Regardless of the quality of the player in question, it is an unwelcome example to set. It can also be a passive-aggressive challenge to authority (intentional or otherwise) and is often a cover up for players who believe they are better than they actually are.

Parma

Well, I can only reiterate what I said when I saw him in pre-season: grossly overweight & a parody of an athlete. Unless he''s lost about three stone he''s nowhere near fit. Appalling attitude for someone who has aspirations (allegedly) to play at the highest level.

Being chubby goal hanger in the SPL is not a problem - just stand on the same spot among poor defenders for the whole game & eventually an easy chance will arrive. Not so in the Champs where you need to be a bit more agile & mobile.Wouldn''t risk him until he proves he can run for 90 minutes

Did he get injured after the Shrewsbury game? If he didnt, and he wasnt injured, why was he risked in that game

peoples ideas of grossly overweight must be different to mine

still remember people running grant hold down for the same thing and then met him that weekend and you couldn''t see an ounce of fat on him

hell if I lost 3 stone I would be under weight and iam no sportsman hell unfit desk jockey is more like it

[quote user="Samwam27"]Did he get injured after the Shrewsbury game? If he didnt, and he wasnt injured, why was he risked in that game[/quote]

He doesn''t get injured, he played the full 90 of a development game last week and looked off the pace. I''d say he''s still a couple of weeks away yet.