Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

Pre match interviews

Now we know that a lot of people had a ridiculous vendetta against Hughton, most annoying one being about how him bigging up the opponents before the game would boost our oppositions morale and lower our players.

Has anybody ever heard someone praise a team as much as Evans did us before the Rotherham game? It was very complimentary, as was Lee Clarks interview before we played Birmingham.

Howcome their players weren''t playing with fear and end up losing 4-0?

I can only assume it''s because in the Championship anyone can beat anyone, and managers know it, so they have no reason to fear us.

Whereas in the Premiership, going to places like Chelsea or Arsenal were pretty much foregone conclusions under Hughton.

The vendetta against Hughton was more to do with his brand of ''football'' than anything else. Our recent results are similarly because of the poor football dished up by the present manager, not because of anything complementary he has said about the opposition at a press conference.

Going to places like Arsenal and Chelsea are foregone conclusions for pretty much every team in the league...

There was a vendetta against Hughton from day 1, simply because of who he replaced, there was a negative vibe around Norwich for ages.

You can''t on one hand say Hughton complimenting opposition clubs has a negative effect on our adult players and boosts the opposition, despite ignoring the fact that the same oppositions manager would be just as complimentary about Norwich as a club.

I think it''s just been proved how stupid some people are using that as a vendetta, something that used to get under my skin, I get that the football was awful at times but concentrate on that, not media interviews which would have absolutely no effect on what happens on the pitch.

ellis206,

It would depend if what was said to the media was diferent to what was said on the training ground and in the dressing room. I have a feeling it wasn''t.

We are all affected by what we hear and see, perhaps some more than others, if we weren''t advertising wouldn''t work.

To prove the point, don''t think of a fire engine, you just have, even if only for a split second. So on that basis it could be argued I''ve decided what I want you to think about and have used words to make that happen!.