Sign in to follow this  
militantcanary

Bassong to Watford?

[quote user="lake district canary"]Best thing for all concerned.    The "player going to a rival club" is irrelevant imo, because it is what we do that matters, not what other clubs do.  Anyway, for all we know if Watford improve, they may take points off other rival clubs for us, making it better for us overall.  

[/quote]

Do you really believe that though Lakey?

I don;t think you can just say what other do is irrelevant because frankly if it wasn;t for the failings of others in the last week we would not still be top of the league. speak to Watford fans and they will tell you they struggled on Saturday because they had a makeshift defence, lacking leadership and they therefore had to play more defensively than normal. why would we want to help them rectify that problem?

A look at the league and various squads tells you that Watford are one of our most serious rivals. In my view our only really serious rivals for those top 2 spots are Forest, Watford, Middlesbrough and Derby. Loaning one of them a player we know can be great when his head is right thus potentially improving their team just seems really risky/unnecessary.

Quite an unusual decision...kind of implies we don''t see Watford as genuine rivals for promotion - you don''t help your rivals - for obvious reasons.

On face value it does seem a strange one and could easily come back to bite us if he is brilliant at Watford and they are promoted ahead of us.

BUT there could also be advantages - he hasnt played since April so will clearly not be match fit and given his apparent attitude could actually be someway off being fit. Therefore, he might not be that great for Watford, where last season we saw the perils of having a quite not on his game Bassong in the team.

Even if he is great for Watford, it may assist us in them taking points off other rivals. Finally, if he is brilliant they will be reliant on him and then we can just refuse to extend the loan when it expires which would leave them in a bit of a mess defensively.

So it may actually work out very well, lets hope!!

Watford on 4th manager this season with new manager with no Championship experience. Who have signed an unfit Bassong who hasn''t played well for over a season or who respects his manager don''t know how he will react to new foreign coach. If we really rated Watford cannot see us loaning Bassong. Can''t see him getting first team action for a few weeks and without an adequate defence have got 20 points already.

Have we really improved their squad? Shame its not permanent must get rid.

Bassong must be quite pleased with this. He''s going to one of the better championship sides, is almost guaranteed a starting place when he gets there, and will be playing for a manager who has European experience. I for one wish him all the best.Incidentally, I didn''t have Watford down for a top six finish this year but their manager is sure to get them playing the sort of football that we can only dream about. Nice to see a club with a bit of ambition on the managerial front, as opposed to our insular approach of picking from people who''ll essentially play the same tired old garbage.

I feel this is a mistake made by a Manager who is still finding his feet in many areas of management, for which I have no problem, he has to learn and is doing so very quickly . But, having said that the CEO, who should know better would I guess sanctioned the move I guess, so what do I know. To a team who will be fighting for relegation, no real problem or,to a club abroad, but a promotion rival.....potentially close to our best CB, possibly all time, when on his game...NO thanks.

Oh, nearly forgot, this is in no way an anti Neil Adams response......who I genuinely believe is doing a good enough job considering his inexperience.

While Adams of course has a say on our incomings and outgoings, this will not be all his decision. Watford are not a promotion rival if you ask me, and by the time Bassong gets fit it''ll be nearly January anyway. He needs game time, U21s is no good for full match fitness and he does not deserve a place in our team due to our performances disregarding his behaviour

whatever your views are on Bassong as a player or person, a club who are level on points with us have defensive injury problems and wanted him........and we''ve let him go there to help them.

utter,utter madness

Its unusual to give loan player to rival but Bassong wage is too much surplus for nothing since 6 months so I believe the club is desperate to clear him to any team without think too much is rival or not.

Watford coach Jokanovic last club was Bulgarian Levski Sofia and he was sacked so quick here and his team show nothing in this period.

WIll be big surprise if he stay long and make sucses with them

It''s good that he''s got the potential to now get match fit. The thing that worries me is not only the obvious point that Watford are promotion candidates and Bassong will be one of the best defenders in this league. I feel the deal is also strange because Watford have one of the best teams and if Bassong isn''t first choice because of his fitness then it won''t be beneficial to us either. What we should''ve done was loan him out to a relegation or mid table team because someone would''ve wanted him and would, firstly be more likely to play each week, but also not threat us in the same manner he could potentially be doing us by going to watford. Although it''s good that he''s got a short loan deal, I''m hoping he won''t be playing well but getting games, strangely that''s all we can hope for. Overall a poor decision by the club, not a big deal, but it''s still pretty stupid imo.

We all know that is not good to give players to rivals but club not know that!??

Its not seriuse imo.

Its simply because Bassong wage is too much to be paid by any relegation teams and same time Bass why is still in Noriwch?

Its because he not like to move to any small club imo.

Its big luxury to keep player on 20K+ on week 6 months without even used as a sub and we must be glad to release him at this circumstances.

Good riddance. I have no problem in off loading a rejects even if it is only short term. He won''t ever regain his form of 2 seasons ago so the fact that he''s going to Watford is of no big worry.We have more than enough cover at centre back so he was never going to get back in the team

He doesn''t have to get back to his form of 2 years ago to be the best CB in the Championship and that is why I think this could be a poor decision. Mind you, with what has gone on between him and Adams, maybe he will never perform as well at Norwich as somewhere else.

Are we sure that Watford are paying his wages? We might be paying them to get him out of the place.

But are any of the centre-backs we have left as good as a fit Bassong, I dont think so, Ryan Bennett probably the closest.

[quote user="pliff"]But are any of the centre-backs we have left as good as a fit Bassong, I dont think so, Ryan Bennett probably the closest.[/quote]

Indeed ,From what I''ve seen Hooiveld is nowhere near as good as Bassong and furthermore doesn''t appear to compliment Turner as well as Bassong did...

The best 11 on paper would have Bassong in it, without a doubt. However, if he doesn''t want to be here then he should go. We have no idea what''s happened between Seb and the club but if it''s not repairable then I''d rather he''s out on loan putting himself in the shop window and more importantly having his wages paid by someone else! On his day or best Centre back, but if his heart isn''t there then we don''t need him.

[quote user="AJ"]The best 11 on paper would have Bassong in it, without a doubt. However, if he doesn''t want to be here then he should go. We have no idea what''s happened between Seb and the club but if it''s not repairable then I''d rather he''s out on loan putting himself in the shop window and more importantly having his wages paid by someone else! On his day or best Centre back, but if his heart isn''t there then we don''t need him.[/quote]

It''s not him going that anyone has an issue with its more where he is going.

Realistically where did we expect him to go? Lower end prem club....if anyone wanted him....with all those relegations less and less likely which leaves champ club who have a bit of money so likely to be a rival. Sometimes that''s football...

Move on.

We are top of the league without him being anywhere near the first team.....aside from being out with them on a Saturday night.

What if he has a few howlers and actually costs them points instead of gaining them points?

As far as I can see Seb is not happy at NCFC at the moment, and we can all speculate on why that is. I can only see positives in respect of this move.

A new team/surroundings might bring back the "good Seb" which will be good for us in that the loan is a short one and a fit, happy Seb return.

A new team/surroundings might bring back the "good Seb" which makes him more attarctive to move on should he not want to return to NCFC

A "good Seb" may help Watford take points off othe promotion rivals

The loan move might not bring back the "good Seb" in which case one of our promotion rivals loses points and they pay for the privilege (assuming Watford are paying for part/all of his wages)