Sign in to follow this  
pete

Is anyone going to Fulham?

I asked two City supporters on Saturday if they were going they said never again and they go away regularly. Two guys on the Kings X train said no and they lived in Letchworth near London said no been to too many disappointing results. And even Jez the ref again local not going.

I''m going but have no particular bad memories of the Cottage. Last time Iwan scored in 1-1 draw.

Hope I am not alone.

I''m pretty sure it will be just you Pete........you''ll probably be a bit lonely.......... but on the positive side - you''ll find yourself showcased on the Football League show..............every cloud and all that............

Two visits two very bad performances but the 6 nil hammering still sits in my mind!

Will never go back as it''s not really a place I want to go back to.....have a great day.

[quote user="BarclayUpperCut"]yep...going

be crazy not to with our away form right now!!![/quote]

Why did someone have to say that

Only been once with my father in about 1983/4 I was only about 12 at the time and we won 1-0 - I think Flecky or Drinkell? scoring in the last minute!

So yes I''m going to make this trip no.2!

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Fourth visit and will continue to go until I see us win there.[/quote]

Pete''s off to Fulham once again. Still full of hope and expectation....

[quote user="Trubshaw"]Only been once with my father in about 1983/4 I was only about 12 at the time and we won 1-0 - I think Flecky or Drinkell? scoring in the last minute!

So yes I''m going to make this trip no.2![/quote]It was 1986 and Drinkell scored a spawny last minute goal. Fulham were all over us but Chris Woods was in the form of his life.Hope it''s not too painful.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Fourth visit and will continue to go until I see us win there.[/quote]

Pete''s off to Fulham once again. Still full of hope and expectation....

[/quote]It''s our year NN. Believe...

my 1st visit to Fulham was 1976 and I''m pretty sure they had George Best and Rodney Marsh playing for them that day

[quote user="them2"]my 1st visit to Fulham was 1976 and I''m pretty sure they had George Best and Rodney Marsh playing for them that day[/quote]Good memories.I remember going to Fulham to see Best play and Marsh was in the team that day. Sadly it wasn''t against us.The nearest Best came to playing against City was in Dec ''72 at Carrow Rd when still at Man Utd. Having missed our famous FA Cup win at Old Trafford in 1967 when he did play I was looking forward to it. Of course the clown went out on the lash during the week leading up to the game and got himself suspended by the manager, Frank O''Farrell.Although the 2-0 defeat, including a goal by Ted MacDougall, ended our 16-month unbeaten home record at least I did get to see Bobby Charlton play.

Been to Fulham more times than I care to remember supported them 1970 to 1984 until I went to UEA and got properly educated football wise. Even saw City get beat 4-0 with Viv Busby scoring twice. However did get to see Best, Charlton, Pele and Eusebio at the Cottage.

Saw Mullery, Moore, Best and Marsh play for the Whites. But know want us badly to beat them and get that monkey off our back.

1970 v Luton lost 1-0 with MacDonald ex Fulham score the only goal on my first league game.

Saw us win there in 1968 3-1 Foggo, Curran & Manning. Malcolm Macdonald scored for them. Also saw the lucky 1-0 in 1986. Sundry other trips there since are fading with therapy & counselling!

Have to admit , I haven''t been there since the 6-0 drubbing...won''t be there next weekend either...Going to Notts Forest game though!!!