Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Andy Hughes

Lol just seen he is caretaker manager at Bolton

Obviously clapped the fans at the start of the game

in his time here a lot of other players deserved just as much abuse

Paul Mcveigh was woeful at the time the only good thing about him was his song

but.. like normal the some sections on the crowd latch onto one player and destroy them

its already been tried with Redmond at the start of this season but people seem to have moved on

He came over quite well in a recent TV interview. He will probably be a success in the role, as his general attitude suggests it.

I can think of many, many players in the annals of NCFC who I would place above the Hooz on my hit list.

Good luck to him.

His effort and desire was outstanding and in the wake off all the negative stuff at hime during his time, ge''s become a cult of ours....hope he does well.

That said he was rubbish and so where most around him during some dark times.

[quote user="Indy"]His effort and desire was outstanding and in the wake off all the negative stuff at hime during his time, ge''s become a cult of ours....hope he does well. That said he was rubbish and so where most around him during some dark times.[/quote]

this! he had all the heart, determination and running in him that any club needs... not his fault he was sh*t...

He was always a great passionate motivator and leader - so I have no doubt he could become a decent manager.

However I have still not seen any player in a city shirt with the ability to consistently pass the ball directly out of play without a bounce;  his inaccuracy was unerring...  

Well I''d like to take this opportunity to offer him a round of applause

"Clap, clap, clap, Hughes, clap, clap, clap Hughes"

What I find amusing is that people slate him for being rubbish as if he was meant to be the next Ian Crook or something. He was bought to be a replacement for Gary Holt.Now, you''ll never catch me slating Gary Holt because he was brilliant at what he did. He knew his game and played it brilliantly. He knew his limitations and so never tried to be anything other than what he was. A bloody hard working central midfielder who had energy and would break up play and keep the ball moving simply. He was never going to be pinging long balls or be the main architect of attacking creativity, but he would win that ball back and give it to someone who was.Hughes was meant to do that. And most of the time he did. Unfortunately the players he was giving it to were pretty limited as well. He played his role well.As others have said, there have been far worse play for this club both before and arguably since as well.Who would you rather have? Andy Hughes or Julien Brellier?

[quote user="chicken"]What I find amusing is that people slate him for being rubbish as if he was meant to be the next Ian Crook or something. He was bought to be a replacement for Gary Holt.Now, you''ll never catch me slating Gary Holt because he was brilliant at what he did. He knew his game and played it brilliantly. He knew his limitations and so never tried to be anything other than what he was. A bloody hard working central midfielder who had energy and would break up play and keep the ball moving simply. He was never going to be pinging long balls or be the main architect of attacking creativity, but he would win that ball back and give it to someone who was.Hughes was meant to do that. And most of the time he did. Unfortunately the players he was giving it to were pretty limited as well. He played his role well.As others have said, there have been far worse play for this club both before and arguably since as well.Who would you rather have? Andy Hughes or Julien Brellier? [/quote]

He was also played out of position most of the time either on the right wing or at full back. Although he normally did ok at full back, but on the wing was never going to work...

He played in just about every position on the pitch, didn''t he? Not quite Paul Warhurst, admittedly, but impressive enough.He was utterly useless everywhere except right back, however. But couldn''t fault his work rate. I actually started liking him by the end of his spell at City, but that might be more of a comment on just how bad the rest of the squad were back then.

[quote user="Paul101"]in his time here a lot of other players deserved just as much abuse Paul Mcveigh was woeful at the time the only good thing about him was his song but.. like normal the some sections on the crowd latch onto one player and destroy them its already been tried with Redmond at the start of this season but people seem to have moved on[/quote]

Blimey - Paul McVeigh had a woeful period? I must have missed that bit!

Andy Hughes while being a poor footballer, had brilliant levels of desire, atitiude and athleticism!

I''d of rather have him in the team than some of the too young "rabbit caught in the headlights" out their depth loan players we saw at that time!

His experience in pro football combined with the above qualities will mean he''ll have a good career in coaching!