Sign in to follow this  
Bill

not so Keane now

apparently the much lamented (demented ?) Mr Roy has brought out a book, in which our impoverished neighbours unsuprisingly get a mentionthat he appears to have about as much love for the binners as most do up here should come as no shockwhat might surprise is his words in regards to transfers whilst at poorman road"and targeted Tamas Priskin, who he believed was worth £400,000 and

“couldn’t believe it” when he heard Town paid £1,750,000 for the

Hungarian, not having had any involvement in that side of the transfer

process. He also felt the club overpaid for Carlos Edwards and Grant

Leadbitter, who he thought were worth half the £4 million the club paid

Sunderland for the duo."

“I still get criticised for selling Jordan, and I have to accept that.

But it was also a club decision. We sold him to Huddersfield, down a

division, for [an initial] £350,000"

"He says Shaun Derry wanted to sign after meeting with him but no deal

was offered by club: “I rang Simon [Clegg]. ‘What’s happening with

Shaun? He wants to sign."

which clearly demonstrate that this idea that the manager is left solely in charge of signings is hogwash, even accepting the rather strange set up at poorman road - the comments also affirm the notion that the fees touted round are inaccurate, in fact at times way, way off what is being cliamedstill I have no doubt that this ''best seller'' will be on the xmas stocking list of every city fan ... until then bin words

[quote user="City1st"]

which clearly demonstrate that this idea that the manager is left solely in charge of signings is hogwash, even accepting the rather strange set up at poorman road - the comments also affirm the notion that the fees touted round are inaccurate, in fact at times way, way off what is being cliamed

[/quote]

I feel that depends very much on the club and the manager... United under Ferguson for example.. I bet he knew what was happening at the club before the chairman even did!

>not particularly excited at getting the Ippo job, regreted selling Rhodes and does not like the colour blue

Sounds like a match made in heaven, then, as we always thought and hoped...

Still, Keane isn''t someone about whom you ever expect to hear that press cliche: "enjoying his football again"

Keane has made himself look like a complete kn*b!

"I don''t like f*cking blue. City were blue. Rangers were blue. My biggest rivals were blue. Is that childish? I couldn’t feel it – the chemistry. Me and the club. I get annoyed now, thinking that I should have been able to accept it"

What a pathetic excuse, laughable.

What surprises me is that Paul Lambert has agreed to associating himself with Roy Keane, who continues to remind us all the way he behaved as a player........seeing him on Norwich City staff would probably be the only, the only thing that would make me consider my lifelong following of the club....that''s how highly I think about him....and that beard just makes him look even more like a wxxxxx!

This excerpt about signing Robbie Savage made me laugh. Blunt but i can see his point."Sparky gave me permission to give him a call. So I got Robbie’s mobile

number and rang him. It went to his voicemail: ''Hi, it’s Robbie –

whazzup!'' like the Budweiser ad. I never called him back. I thought: ''I

can’t be fucking signing that.''"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29553779

This made me laugh, ex scum player saying how hopeless he was as a manager after Keane said he wanted to hit him as he was so lazy.