Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

***OFFICIAL THREAD - SHOULD WORTHY BUY BENTLEY?***

[quote]Yes please.[/quote]

Hello mate, hope you''re enjoying work? I''m sitting at home watching cricket and eating bacon sarnies... mwah hah hah...

Anyway, my vote is a yes, but only if the price is right...

"Doesn''t it show that some people on this message board either can''t read or don''t read properly?

I asked for a YES from all those in support of signing Bently. Half of the posts have decided to put NO!

Please go back and READ the first post. You are not supposed to be writing on here! Thank you."

Also why bother calling the thread "SHOULD worthy buy bentley" if we are only allowed to say yes?

Jobian - I just wanted to get an acurate reflection on how many people wanted Worthy to sign Bentley.

Now, the posts have been confused by people saying ''No'' and everybody saying ''Hello'' to each other.

Impossible!

Well here are the results from a summer poll:

What should Norwich City do with David Bentley?

Get him on loan 698
Buy him 373
Leave him at Arsenal 271

[quote]Well here are the results from a summer poll: What should Norwich City do with David Bentley? Get him on loan 698 Buy him 373 Leave him at Arsenal 271[/quote]

Cheers for that Pete.

Out of curiosity what are the loan rules for this season? Is it still two a season, or back to four at a time or whatever it was a few years back? (not saying I want bentley on loan, just for future reference)

Its good news on loans Trent.

Believe it or not we can actually have up to 8 at any one time, although only 5 can play in any one match.

This should leave us plenty of room for manoeuvre if we need it.

Ou Est Anselin - "one of the most talented players in the country"???

No he isn''t!

Plus - what''s talent without knowledge of what to do with it?

bentley is class....end of....hes technically brilliant and im sure he''d be phenomenal IF PLAYED WHERE HE KNOWS HOW!....i posted this on another thread but for all of you saying no - look back to last season and how many games we won without bents....0......he is a class act and if played in position he could be the player to drive us back where we belong like francis did...(what seems like) a very long time ago!!!

[quote]Ou Est Anselin - "one of the most talented players in the country"??? No he isn''t! Plus - what''s talent without knowledge of what to do with it?[/quote]

Sorry Mook i meant hes one of the most talented young players in the country. In my humble opinion anyway!!

Tom Blazak - how many games did we win WITH Bents?

He''s a complete showboater. His passes look technically great, but don''t reach their man. His shots look wonderful on MOTD, but never go in the goal.

Let''s see who else comes in for him first.

In a word, no. Why buy him when we have Marney this season - a player who has already shown that he is good, and a lot stronger on the ball than Bentley. The only reason I would buy him would be to prevent anyone else having him as admittedly, he does pose a bit of a threat.

YES marginally- if the price (and wages) are low enough to reflect the fact that he is still unproven, AND only if he gets played centre attacking midfield with Safri as the holding player. He was a waste of space on the right where he just looked like a showboater at times and Marney looks much more committed there now. He could possibly do better in the middle, but its a big gamble when we have limited resources.

Bentley is a decent player with a large ego. If that ego has been reduced now he realises that he isn''t good enough for arsenal then yeah he would be a good buy. If he still has the ego then no thanks. Also he wants to play upfront, not in midfield and would we be prepared to play him there? If he doesn''t think he''s going to play there he probably wont come.

Bentley is a decent player with a large ego. If that ego has been reduced now he realises that he isn''t good enough for arsenal then yeah he would be a good buy. If he still has the ego then no thanks. Also he wants to play upfront, not in midfield and would we be prepared to play him there? If he doesn''t think he''s going to play there he probably wont come.

Haven''t read all this thread but .....

David Bentley tra la la la la!

Watch this space!