Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

England: Poor

Yes, we. I would hazard a guess a large proportion of City supporters are English, if you are not, why the f.uck did you bother reply to the post?

Boring, boring England. Different players but same old story. Good to see a lot of youngsters getting some game time though. This entire game is a pointless exercise.

[quote user="Daz Sparks"]Yes, we. I would hazard a guess a large proportion of City supporters are English, if you are not, why the f.uck did you bother reply to the post?[/quote]someon''es nationality does not mean they automatically have some enforced affinity with some mickey mouse footballjust as they would not have with an enforced affinity with the spice girls, because they are english

ps if you do not want replies, don''t post on a forum

So you are football supporter who is English then City 1st.

Join the dots up.

PS

I if you reply to a forum post in a negative manner, expect a further negative response.

Norwich were horrifically boring under Hughton - didn''t stop me supporting them.

And if Hughton was still manager I''d still support Norwich.

So I basically see it the same with England.

Last night I sat there thinking "Do we really need to have both Milner and Henderson on against this lot?" but that''s no different to me thinking "Do we need both Johnson and Tettey on when these guys aren''t leaving their own third?".

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Daz Sparks"]Yes, we. I would hazard a guess a large proportion of City supporters are English, if you are not, why the f.uck did you bother reply to the post?[/quote]someon''es nationality does not mean they automatically have some enforced affinity with some mickey mouse footballjust as they would not have with an enforced affinity with the spice girls, because they are english

ps if you do not want replies, don''t post on a forum[/quote]

I think his point was if you are not interested in the subject, why bother....

And it''s not Mickey Mouse football, it''s a level that every single one of the best players I the world play at.

Tend to agree with GJP. Won''t stop supporting them just find it difficult to watch.

I find it hard to know why England are historically sh1t!

30 years ago we all said...the Italians & Germans are goid because of the mix of players in their leagues, and we lacked quality of european players and coaching...

Then the premiership kicked in and an influx of coaches and pkayers all world class came in and everyone said not enough English players are playing....but our internatiobal players have played alongside & under some great players and coaches.

So regardless of era, quality of coaching and players England have always been sh1t and will continue to be while the elitist set up carries on.

I genuinely believe it''s purely down to attitude of the arrogant English players, they are more concerned about the hair & look then winning.

[quote user="Indy"]I find it hard to know why England are historically sh1t! 30 years ago we all said...the Italians & Germans are goid because of the mix of players in their leagues, and we lacked quality of european players and coaching... Then the premiership kicked in and an influx of coaches and pkayers all world class came in and everyone said not enough English players are playing....but our internatiobal players have played alongside & under some great players and coaches. So regardless of era, quality of coaching and players England have always been sh1t and will continue to be while the elitist set up carries on. I genuinely believe it''s purely down to attitude of the arrogant English players, they are more concerned about the hair & look then winning.[/quote]

good point! and although the gulf in class was evident last night and San Marino were never going to win they could teach england a lesson... A lesson in Pride and what it means to represent your country, regardless of result or ability... no pressure from fans, no pressure from Media.

I often wonder if, despite their numerous drubbings, San Marino often sit there having the last laugh watching bigger teams mess it up...

Problem is UK is a comparatively lazy and selfish society where people would rather criticise others than do anything constructive themselves

England aren''t sh*t. There are just better sides out there with better players. And there are worse, many worse. Same as Norwich.

They went away to Switzerland last month, bossed the game and picked up a very respectable 2-0 win. And of course they were always very comfortable last night.

But it wouldn''t have mattered if England had won 1-0 last night or 25-0. People would have found some way to knock them.

To be honest, it was always going to be played in 2nd gear. The best thing was that we didn''t get any injuries. I hold an indifferent view to last nights game. People would have moaned even if we''d won 8-0.

The only sticking point for me was them daft shots Rooney had. He could have teed up a teammate for a goal on a couple of occasions. People like Lallana and Welbeck would have been buzzing to get a goal and there was Rooney balooning ridiculous first time volleys over the bar from 30 yards. I appreciate it will have been hard to maintain professionalism playing San Marino though. It reminds me of when 2 Brazilian players passed the ball to each other on the line as the keeper was out of goal and the ref booked one of them basically for being a dick.

The reason England have underperformed is mainly down to the poor quality football prevalent at pretty much every level. How many times have people said in the past 20 years or so that they have technincally good, tactically aware players, that they have a good youth system or play attractive passing football. Much like Norwich they get hyped up, but when they come up against a good team the deficiencies are revealed and it''s a case of containing the opposition rather than trying to beat them.At a young age competetiveness, tactics, formation, defined roles and a must win attitude are drilled into players at the expense of developing the skill and flair which comes naturally to kids playing for pure enjoyment in other countries. The result is a staid, generic game which is ingrained in the football culture at every level in England.

You have to feel a bit sorry for poor old San Marino.According to Wikipedia they''ve only been going officially since 1990 and since the have managed only one win - a 1-0 hammering of Liechenstein in a friendly - and just three draws in 123 games.Scoring just 20 goals but in the process conceding 531 it''s no wonder they''re the whipping boys of world football.It wouldn''t be a surprise if they set out to foul the opposition but they never seem to when they play England. Despite almost every game ending in a heavy defeat they play in a good spirit so fair play to them for that.At least they can say they scored against England way back in the day.

Some people genuinely amaze me. Played the game at about 20% pace, used next to no energy, nobody got injured and we won 5-0. What more do you want?

T wrote

Problem is UK is a comparatively lazy and selfish society where people would rather criticise others than do anything constructive themselves

Including self satisfied do gooders seeking out and accusing others of racist comments where non existed

1touch - 1truth in what you say. It''s got to be.

Linked with our inability to produce successful managers now. Those who get involved and come through to the top in our national game are apparently just not as creative and intelligent as the footballers in some other lands. For whatever reason.

The PL market forces speak for themselves, in that only a small minority of clubs put faith into English management.

[quote user="GenerationA47"]1touch - 1truth in what you say. It''s got to be.

Linked with our inability to produce successful managers now. Those who get involved and come through to the top in our national game are apparently just not as creative and intelligent as the footballers in some other lands. For whatever reason.

The PL market forces speak for themselves, in that only a small minority of clubs put faith into English management.[/quote]England could try and copy what Belgium did, start coaching the youth players in a better fashion and see if better English managers get produced as a result. Have a look here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27827569

It is a complete lie to suggest I''ve ever accused anyone on here of racism. I''ve only ever highlighted inappropriate comments as I don''t know the reason for those comments.

I''ve always preferred to believe that the ignorant malicious abuse posted on here sometimes by some individuals is a product of low intelligence, poor education and psychological issues.

Would Hodgson ever have the balls to field a championship player? Jerome would be more hungry for it than most of that team.