Sign in to follow this  
Jacks Back

Would you take Lambert back?

A typically pointless question asked during international breaks, but I''ll ask it anyway.

Adams has done incredibly well so far but there''s plenty of time for it all to change. Lambert was, as we all know, incredible for us in the championship but has stagnated at Villa (although they''ve been impressive this season).

If you could have Lambert back in charge, with Adams or Culverhouse being assistant, would you take it?

No...why? regardless of his success with us... for me he was very disrespectful on his return, then the Hoolahan wind-up, plus he has now dirtied himself for ever by working alongside Roy Keane...........cant think of any more reasons..

A typically pointless question asked during international breaks, but I''ll ask it anyway.

Adams has done incredibly well
so far but there''s plenty of time for it all to change. Lambert was, as we all know, incredible for us in the championship but has stagnated at Villa (although they''ve been impressive this season).

If you could have Lambert back in charge, with Adams or Culverhouse being assistant, would you take it?

Has he?Hes done Ok, how we are still where we are God only knows!/I wonder what the feeling behind Hughton would be if we had stuck by him, gone down and been in this position now?In answer to your question, No.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]No...why? regardless of his success with us... for me he was very disrespectful on his return, then the Hoolahan wind-up, plus he has now dirtied himself for ever by working alongside Roy Keane...........cant think of any more reasons..[/quote]

Err Keane started the hilarious rot down at Ipswich, I didn''t care for him as a player but he''s ay-okay in my books now!

No. He''s the past now-it''s two and a half years now since he walked out, time to let go and forget.

Not that he would come back. He wouldn''t be asked and if they did, they''d be wasting their time!

We "took Mike Walker back" -and that didn''t end well-not that there wasn''t hope, three wins from a play off place in 96/97 plus signs he might be getting a good side together at the end of the following season, a young and exciting squad that Rioch should have got into the top 6 finish. But thats all in the past as well.

Lambert now looks as if he''s settling into part 2 of his Villa rebuild and looks set for the long haul now, having pretty much completed what they first wanted him to do there. He''s just signed a new contract hasn''t he?

I think the question should be, "would the board want Lambert back?". And I am pretty sure there would be a total unanimity in their negative response. Lambert thought he had outgrown us and departed. I thank him for his third years but would not want a fourth now.

I think the question should be, "would the board want Lambert back?". And I am pretty sure there would be a total unanimity in their negative response. Lambert thought he had outgrown us and departed. I thank him for his three years but would not want a fourth now.

No!

I''m grateful for the success he brought the club, but there was something distasteful in the manner of his going.

It was a great period, but never try to relive it. It would not be repeated.

[quote user="star_manic"]I think the question should be, "would the board want Lambert back?". And I am pretty sure there would be a total unanimity in their negative response. Lambert thought he had outgrown us and departed. I thank him for his three years but would not want a fourth now.[/quote]or in realityhe was pushed out

He was brilliant for us at the time, but let''s not forget he had Holt and Hoolahan in their prime in League 1, which is absurd to be honest, like Falcao and Lukaku playing in the Championship. We had a lot of momentum in our Championship year, we often played very poorly and nicked late goals, Holt was in the form of his life and looked so far above the level we were playing at. Our Prem year however was a great achievment of his, to keep that squad up, playing the exciting counter attacking way we did was amazing. But I''m still of the belief he''s just a good manager, not the god we thought he was, if he was back here this season I''d imagine we''d be in a very similar position to where we are now under Adams who was clearly very inspired by Lambert and is cut from the same cloth (Just with a much better personality)

The assumption was he was forced out but where is that proof?

The reality is Lambert said he had taken us as far as he could and the board reacted to this, changes were made and with the limited budget at Villa he has done a job there too, although not always as smooth as their fans wanted.

No is the answer to having him back, done a great job but we''ve moved on as has he.

Yes, some proof to these ''facts'' would be nice. Was he forced out? Was he looking for a way out for a while? Did Villa tap him up?

He wasn''t forced out any more by Norwich than he was by Wycombe or Colchester. Yes he fell out with Bowkett while we were still in League One but he left for personal ambition, pure and simple. Don''t forget his flirtation with Burnley and another unnamed club too...

[quote user="Ellie Goulding"]It will go down in history as one of the worst decisions that a CEO has made in NCFC history McNasty forcing the Messiah to leave the club[/quote]

How many board alias''s do you have now Waveney?

And multiply that by the drivel that you regularly post under each and every one of them. At least the proverbial room full of monkeys and typewriters are perceived to eventually write the complete works of Shakespeare-and they''ll have long done that and sealed the TV rights long before you post anything remotely sensible on here.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

[quote user="Ellie Goulding"]It will go down in history as one of the worst decisions that a CEO has made in NCFC history McNasty forcing the Messiah to leave the club[/quote]

How many board alias''s do you have now Waveney?

And multiply that by the drivel that you regularly post under each and every one of them. At least the proverbial room full of monkeys and typewriters are perceived to eventually write the complete works of Shakespeare-and they''ll have long done that and sealed the TV rights long before you post anything remotely sensible on here.

[/quote]

I don''t think even "the Messiah" knows the answer to that one.  Much less Paul Lambert...