Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Best team of managers who used to be players

Bit of fun, what''s the best team of players who have managed/coached before (going on the quality of player in their prime, not quality of manager)?

--------------------------Bryan Gunn---------------------------

------Steve Bruce---Alex Mcleish---Chris Hughton-----

----Michael Laudrop----Paul Lambert---Roy Keane----

Gianfanco Zola-----Bobby Robson----Paul Gascoigne

------------------------Brian Clough-----------------------------

Would''ve liked to have thought of a better LB and also a RB but my brain isn''t working today.

Quite tricky this one.Dino ZoffBobby Moore     Berti Vogts      John Charles        Tony AdamsGlenn Hoddle      Franz Beckenbauer      Bobby Charlton Diego Maradona      Johann Cruyff   Kenny Dalglish

I only started watchiing football in 2002 when i was 10 so I couldn''t play this as i know very little about most current managers backgrounds but I like like the NCFC flavour of the team in the OP.

Just as an aside though, like I said my knowledge is limited but didn''t Clough only play in the 2nd and 3rd tier? I know he scored loads but I didn''t think it was at the highest level?

Bryan Gunn

Ron Ashman Dave Stringer John Benson Mel Machin

Martin O''Neill Peter Grant Gary Megson

John Deehan Joe Royle Mark Robins

There''s a team of managers who all played for us. I''m sure I''ve

probably missed some though...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]
Bryan Gunn

Ron Ashman Dave Stringer John Benson Mel Machin

Martin O''Neill Peter Grant Gary Megson

John Deehan Joe Royle Mark Robins

There''s a team of managers who all played for us. I''m sure I''ve

probably missed some though...

[/quote]

Steve Bruce, Aage Hareide, Malky Mackay and I think Adrian Coote used to manage a bookies...

Harry''s a great shout as are Bruce, Hareide and Mackay. Also I think Chris Sutton managed at Lincoln. My fav scrimmage guest Bill Punton was a great manager in the local leagues. Craig Fleming at Lowestoft too?

The City connection is the most interesting.Furthermore, didn''t we have about four ex-players who at one time in the course of last season managed Premier League clubs?Bruce, Sherwood, Mackay and Adams, of course. Was there another? Martin O''Neill deserves mention as well as the manager of an international side.Norwich City, managerial hotbed?

Dennis Van Wijk is a manager, he''s looked after a few clubs in Belguim & Holland, I saw him on Dutch TV, he''s completely bald.

ZoffCarlos Alberto   Bobby Moore    Passarella                            MatthausGullit                Beckenbauer         Cruyff                           Maradona                    Puskas        Di Stefano