Sign in to follow this  
vlad666

1touch, I have absolutely no idea what game you were watching, but I saw an exciting game between two sides trying to play football, and it could easily have been 7-6 or something as daft.

As for Hooper, he did ok - if you listened to the post-match stuff you''ll have heard a pro''s opinion that he was good. But you just carry on with being negative.

Thought Hooper played quite well, finally looks fit, good movement, not much fell for him unfortunately. Personally, I can''t wait for him to come back. Lafferty should be playing for a mid table championship side, grabban has had a bit of a dip since his good start, although Jerome''s done well we need a bit of a boost. (however we are top of the league so it''s not so bad) :)

We need better movement off the ball and players who are comfortable playing in any position who are able to rotate and interchange. You need to start young, but I can''t see that any evidence of this type of coaching in our young players.

It is how these games should be - free, or at the very least free to members/season ticket holders. So what if it is first timers borrowing tickets, the benefits are clear: people getting to see a game who might not normally go, players playing and getting used to being in front of a decent crowd, at the main ground, + decent receipts for refreshments etc. IMO everyone wins

It is how I started going to games as a kid, though I had to pay 20p, watching the Combination matches on a Saturday when the first team were away.

A few trolls on this thread in particular mr 1touch (possibly Jamae?).

Entertaining game and our U21s played some nice stuff. Of the youngsters King the pick ( looks to have really kicked on since the Youth Cup) but Morris, Toffolo, Hall-Johnson, McFadden and Grant all did well. Mcgrandles a mixture of some lovely touches and looking a bit lightweight at times but no doubt the bit has talent. Couple of very good saves from Rudd as well. I think any of these players could do a job in the first team if we had an injury crisis which is promising.

Of the senior pros I thought they all put in a very good shift including Hooper who looked fitter than he has done all summer and who I thought put in good effort throughout. I would hope to see him in the first team squad next week barring any injury reaction to tonight.

Precisely, best to ignore trolls, especially one as blatant as this.

Very encouraging evening for the club, granted it was against a very young Spurs outfit. Lots of good performances, especially King and the two full backs, young Grant looks a good prospect too. Hooper looked like he gave a toss to me, celebrated fully after each goal and played very well, which you would expect against that level of opposition.

1Touch is fucking hilarious.

He''s been posting on here for quite a while trying to become the new ''big troll'' but this is the first thread anyone''s even replied to him!

What a sad old soul.

For anyone interested who is posting on topic, over 6 minutes of highlights are now on the club''s YouTube page. Worth a watch