Sign in to follow this  
Camden Canary

Team for Fulham

Ruddy

Martin Turner Hooiveld Olsson

Tettey Howson

Redmond Hoolahan Lafferty

Jerome

Personally I think bradders as well as he started the season and this goes for grabben to have both had a dip in form of late (I still can''t get johnsons performance at brentford for the first 45 out of my head) so put them on the bench. Wes and Laffs have had excellent international weeks so will come in full of confidence. With this formation I''m confident of a 2-1 win. Thoughts? (Dare I ask)!? Lol

Totally agree

Lafferty has to come in for Grabban, who has failed to impress me in the last couple of games. My only other consideration would be to go 4-4-2 and also rest Hoolahan, giving Murphy and Redmond the wing positions.

Hoping for another away win!

I thought of this Nigel but I know josh took a knock which ruled him out if England U19s so was unsure how fit he''d be to start plus wes was quality for ROI this week

Same here for me Camden. Grabban has become quite wasteful, and Laffs should be rewarded for his excellent form for Northern Ireland. I think the jury is still out on Hooiveld, could maybe replace him with Miquel when he''s ''match fit''.

Wait a minute, it seems that Grabban is being punished for being "wasteful" but also for not being Northern Irish.

Worth remembering that Grabban has scored 6 goals for Norwich and Lafferty hasn''t scored any. And while Lafferty hasn''t always been deployed up top he has had some chances - which he hasn''t taken.

Lafferty has missed chances as has Jerome. As has Grabban.

Quite disappointed that it seems to be increasingly popular to dismiss Grabban - a new signing with a current goal scoring record that''s basically 1 in 2.

GJP I''m not dismissing Grabben I just feel that if he drops to the bench it might give him a little kick up the backside to get his scoring boots on again. It may be harsh criticism but may also be a victim of his own success for scoring so many at the start of the season.

[quote user="Camden Canary "]

Ruddy

Martin Turner Hooiveld Olsson

Tettey Howson

Jerome

[/quote]

That would be my preferred line up and formation too.

Why? because

- we can''t accommodate 2 up front wes and redmond in teh same team

- I think we have lost fluency and shape since we started with two up front

- as such a 4231 works for me.

- moving to 442 provides a very viable plan B, going 4231 from 442 does not..

- who should be the lone striker? Both playing well and missing chances, Jeromes 6 goals in 514 mins compared to Grabbans 6 in 964, and 1 goal in 6 since Jerome started puts Jerome just ahead right now, but with no hesitation in swapping - I have faith both can play that role very effectively...

This should give us a much better balance and shape and hopefully be enough to overcome our wicked voodoo!

Dont think people are dismissing Grabban - as you say 6 in 11 is a great start. However since grabban started 6 games ago he has a goal a game, while grabban has scored just one.

As I said above I do think that its a comparison on current form only that puts jerome marginally ahead. Grabban starting up front in a 4231 is a very viable option - he scored best in that formation at the start of the season and could easily repeat - and I certainly dont think he needs any kick up the backside.

He could easily be better than Jerome in that role and I have picked the wrong starter

Couldn''t agree more zipper. I think at this moment in time Jerome has the better form so I would go with him. If it isn''t working after an hour we then have a bench of Rudd, Whits, Grabben, Murphy, Jonno, VOO and even Hooper who I thought put himself about on Tuesday. Starting to look at lot stronger for me. Will Adams feel the same?

I think it''s time Lafferty and Jerome were tested together. I''d give Redmond, Tettey, Wes and Johnno starts as well then seeing as fulham have short quick strikers mainly, i''d have Martin at CB over Hooiveld and Whits in at RB.

[quote user="Camden Canary "]GJP I''m not dismissing Grabben I just feel that if he drops to the bench it might give him a little kick up the backside to get his scoring boots on again. It may be harsh criticism but may also be a victim of his own success for scoring so many at the start of the season.[/quote]

My comment wasn''t particularly targeting you personally but was more of a general thing. What I see on the message boards, what I hear people say at the games and elsewhere I definitely feel like there''s a little too much criticism coming Grabban''s way.

Though I would say I have to disagree that Grabban needs a "little kick up the backside". If anyone needs that it''s Jerome. He''s had a couple of quite lazy games, in my opinion, after 3 or 4 strong ones.

It''s tricky one, in my opinion. Neither of them deserve to be dropped and both of them have had a couple of games where they haven''t been overly impressive. Does Jerome''s better form slightly more recently put him ahead or do you say well actually Grabban upfront was working for us before Jerome arrived and he deserves a chance to get back to that?

I appreciate that sir and i didn''t want it to seem like I was having a go at you either. I''m gonna get shot down for this but I don''t feel that Grabben has done enough in recent weeks. I feel Jerome puts in a better work rate week in week out, has a better touch, can hold ball up better and has a better finish but that''s just one mans opinion.

ruddymartin turner hooiveld garrido redmond tettey johnson olsson          hooper jerome

pace and width with two heavyweight strikers to bully their back four

[quote user="Camden Canary "]I appreciate that sir and i didn''t want it to seem like I was having a go at you either. I''m gonna get shot down for this but I don''t feel that Grabben has done enough in recent weeks. I feel Jerome puts in a better work rate week in week out, has a better touch, can hold ball up better and has a better finish but that''s just one mans opinion.[/quote]

I think it''s fair to say Jerome is probably of a higher calibre. Their career records show you Jerome has spent more time playing at a higher level - and there''ll be good reasons for that.

But on the other hand Jerome hasn''t always been particularly successful elsewhere and I think the last couple of games might have shown why. To me he took his foot off the gas a bit. Grabban was messing a lot up but I felt he was trying a bit more than Jerome was.

Either way, based on what I''ve seen so far and even though it''s a weaker league we''re in now, I wish we''d have had both of them last season.

Personally:

Ruddy

Martin turner Hooiveld olsson

...........Tettey Johnson

Grabban.....................Redmond

.............lafferty Jerome

All this talk about accommodating hoolahan I think at the minute accomodating Redmond and lafferty are the bigger Issues. Both looked brilliant on international duty and deserve the start

[quote user="iron_stan"]             ruddymartin turner hooiveld garrido redmond tettey johnson olsson          hooper jerome

pace and width with two heavyweight strikers to bully their back four[/quote]
Sam Allardyce, is that you?

Just because certain players have done well for their country, it doesn''t automatically follow they must have a starting place in the Norwich first team. We need a team designed to beat Fulham - that''s the No.1 objective!

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="iron_stan"]             ruddymartin turner hooiveld garrido redmond tettey johnson olsson          hooper jerome

pace and width with two heavyweight strikers to bully their back four[/quote]
Sam Allardyce, is that you?
[/quote]hawest ham arent doing too bad.....

its the championship, being able to contest with ugly broken nose big b@5tard centre backs is part of it

The onus will be on Fulham to attack so we need to keep possession as much as possible when they aren''t pressing in numbers. It might go against Adams'' instincts and be beyond his coaching ability to play a patient possession game, but if we go hell for leather we run the risk of getting turned over. We need to be clever and exploit their desperation.

-------------------Ruddy-------------------

Whitts----Martin----Turner----Olsson

--------------------Tettey------------------

Redmond--Odija--Howson--Lafferty

-------------------Jerome------------------

Not being funny but Grabban has a great record for us. That being said, half his goals have been fortunate and he''s missed more sitters than he''s scored. Lively build up, dangerous but lacks final composure. BUT if he keeps finding the net, which he seems to.. who cares.

My point is... I can''t make my mind up on him

Lafferty has to be given a chance up front today for me.

Surprised by so many wanting to drop Johnson and put Howson in the mid field alongside Tetty. Although more defensive I think unless we revert to 5 in midfield this puts far too much defensive pressure on Tetty. Howson in a 4 man midfield just doesn''t work as he is far too weak defensively and couldn''t tackle his way out of a paper bag. It was the main reason we didn''t control the game against Rotherham. Appreciate it was Howsons first game but we have seen enough of him over the past couple of season to know that to be the case.

Championship games are more of a battle and you have to win the midfield to allow your more attacking players to get forward and do what they need to do in the final third. Therefore in my view we need 2 of Tetty/Jonno/VOO in a 4 man midfield ( especially if Wes is playing who also can''t tackle for toffee!).

I thought Howson was very average against Rotherham. He would do a Wes (do a 360 with the ball and thereby slow things down) or rush forwards with the ball and then suddenly stop and pass it sideways - maybe he thinks he is still playing for Hughton.

I wondered at the time whether we needed an old (and therefore wise) head on the pitch against Rotherham, and I still wonder whether Gary O''Neill might be worth a start in midfield sometime?

Thought Howson was quite clearly one of our best players against Rotherham.

Whoever plays, they have to get back to basics in terms of striking.  Get the ball on target and cut out the fancy flicks and attempts at deft finishes  (one of the reasons Jerome doesn''t score more imo).   I prefer Grabban in some ways, his running off the ball is good and he scores goals.  Jerome looks more powerful, but our success earlier in the season was down to movement, not power.  When Jerome came in and made an impact, then it was hard to leave him out of the team, but now it is Adam''s job to decide which way to go.   One or other of Grabban and Jerome  - or Lafferty, although he does a good job on the left too.   For me -                  RuddyWhittaker Martin Turner Olssen           Tettey  HowsonRedmond  Hoolahan Lafferty                   GrabbanVoo, Jerome, Murphy to come on from a strong bench.

Changed my mind on the back 4, we need Turner and Hooiveld in the middle as Fulham have two big lumps upfront.

Martin----Turner----Hooiveld----Olsson

lake district canary wrote the following post at 18/10/2014 10:05 AM:

Whoever plays, they have to get back to basics in terms of striking. Get the ball on target and cut out the fancy flicks and attempts at deft finishes (one of the reasons Jerome doesn''t score more imo). I prefer Grabban in some ways, his running off the ball is good and he scores goals. Jerome looks more powerful, but our success earlier in the season was down to movement, not power. When Jerome came in and made an impact, then it was hard to leave him out of the team, but now it is Adam''s job to decide which way to go. One or other of Grabban and Jerome - or Lafferty, although he does a good job on the left too. For me -

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Turner Olssen

Tettey Howson

Grabban

Voo, Jerome, Murphy to come on from a strong bench.

I would agree with most of what has been written except that I cannot understand how Howson displaced Tettey (unless there was an injury worry) and would play both Tettey and Johnson. As you wrote LDC, back to when we were playing our best football with pace, movement and also a solid midfield..