Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Title and chris Martin

Sorry at the risk of getting stick we are not promotion material , the last few games have shown that , need to strengthen defence , and why the hell did we let chris Martin go ?

Imo opinion our tactics are just too naive. As we didn''t bring in a proper LM Neil is having to play strikers there instead. However, I''m also surprised that he hasn''t played a diamond yet with tettey at the base and howson and VOO either side, or played 5 in midfield with tettey holding with howson and VOO the box to box midfielders. Basically we need an anchoring midfielder to protect our CB''s because we''re just getting r@ped every game through naive play; our CM''s are doing the same thing, therefore leaving spaces all over the pitch.

Going back on topic though, the reason why we got rid of him was because he isn''t good enough for the premier league. At some point you have to move on and try and get better strikers, but obviously the answer to that is; "well that went well"

Jenkins please p1ss off, I don''t really want to have an online argument with you today, also it''s not really good for this forum as it tends to ruin a lot of discussion that could take place.

Not taking the bait J, Neil''s done a good job so far, he needs to change his tactics (imo the main problem lies in how we''re using our CM''s) because the recent results and performances haven''t been good enough. Grabban missed the penalty btw, dunno if you saw it? It hit the cross bar.

Back on topic, Martin I don''t think would score as many goals in our team as he does for Derby as they play a much more technical, passing game which suits Chris more, our game it seems it more about pace, strength, power and pressure; more suitable for the likes of Jerome, Grabban, Hooper and Lafferty.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Back on topic, Martin I don''t think would score as many goals in our team as he does for Derby as they play a much more technical, passing game which suits Chris more, our game it seems it more about pace, strength, power and pressure; more suitable for the likes of Jerome, Grabban, Hooper and Lafferty.[/quote]Funny that when we have a bad run people start making the same sort of points that I''ve been putting forward regarding playing style. Perhaps it''s a safe time to face reality without having your motives questioned.I had Derby and Middlesborough down for the automatic places in a thread on here at the start of the season, mainly because they play better technical football than others in the division. A few of weeks ago I was slaughtered for suggesting Middlesborough were better than Norwich, but they''re now 2 points ahead of us.

Personally I don''t think Chris Martins head was in the right place when he was with us. I think he thought he was a big fish, and was too young to handle it. He thought he had made it, and took his foot off the pedal/went off the rails.For that reason he would never truly have made it at Norwich, because he needed the kick up the backside of nearly not making it in lower league football to make him realise he couldn''t take things for granted.Said kick up the backside has worked, and he''s flying now, but that kick couldn''t have happened at Norwich - shame really, but players are people, and people react differently!

1touch wrote the following post at 18/10/2014 7:44 PM:I had Derby and Middlesborough down for the automatic places in a thread on here at the start of the season, mainly because they play better technical football than others in the division. A few of weeks ago I was slaughtered for suggesting Middlesborough were better than Norwich, but they''re now 2 points ahead of us.

-----------------------------------------

We have better players than them; they have chris martin as their main striker. Chris martin wasn''t even second choice striker when we were last in the championship.

No chance of Martin getting a kick up the backside with Hughton in charge. If anyone needed a kick up the backside it was the board who stubbornly refused to kick Hughton out of his job!The whole saga is such a shame because Martin is currently the best forward in the division at holding up the ball, and it was inevitable that he would eventually rediscover his scoring touch. He is easily good enough to play regularly in the Premier League.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]1touch wrote the following post at 18/10/2014 7:44 PM:I had Derby and Middlesborough down for the automatic places in a thread on here at the start of the season, mainly because they play better technical football than others in the division. A few of weeks ago I was slaughtered for suggesting Middlesborough were better than Norwich, but they''re now 2 points ahead of us.

-----------------------------------------

We have better players than them; they have chris martin as their main striker. Chris martin wasn''t even second choice striker when we were last in the championship.[/quote]Martin was out with a bad injury for a large part of our last Championship season. With the right manager he would have stood a better chance of coming good. He didn''t really put much of a foot wrong in the Premier League but was kept out of the side by an on fire Grant Holt, therefore not seeing much action.The Championship has had many teams, especially newly relegated sides, who have on paper had better individual players than most other sides. Derby look like one of those sides which manage to get results because their team plays better than the sum of its parts. These sorts of sides also tend to do well once promoted.