Sign in to follow this  
pete

Vadis?

What type of midfielder is he? attacking, defensive, creative, box to box? Supposedly replacement for Leroy I guess probably all four types. Hope to see him Tuesday with Howson if not why is Adams frittering the £20m parachute on players not getting a game. Same can be said for Cuellar and Ignasio.

It''s called having a squad. Now question for you - why do you troll?

It is called having a squad, it''s long gone time he started to use it. Time to break up the most uninspiring centre midfield of Tettey and Johnson and mix it up a bit. I would go with 5 across the midfield with Redmond, Howson, Tettey, Vadis, Murphy.

Sorry did not realise you were a professional coach who had been taking training so actually knew what they were talking about.

but he has still managed to keep us above your grubby little clubwithout resorting to thieving off local traders or defrauding the taxman either

ps remind us how many empty seats there were at poorman road yesterday

[quote user="T"]It''s called having a squad. Now question for you - why do you troll?[/quote]In all seriousness though. I heard yesterday this lad cost us £4million so no little sum for a Championship club and as a season ticket holder I''ve never seen him kick a ball in anger and it''s mid-October.I haven''t seen us win at home since we beat Crawley Town in the cup either so it''s not as if the teams great winning performances are keeping him out of the team.I agree with the OP. Who the clucking bell is this man?

I thought he came across injured so not surprised as takes a while to get back to speed - it''s a long season. Does not seem unreasonable that the manager plays the best team available that he sees in training

[quote user="T"]I thought he came across injured so not surprised as takes a while to get back to speed - it''s a long season. Does not seem unreasonable that the manager plays the best team available that he sees in training[/quote]That is fair enough but I''d still be interested to know where he plays and why he wasn''t considered even worth a go off the bench in our last two games where I think we only made two subs as we dropped 5 points.

So, I guess we are now in to a difficult part of the season for.........pinkun message board posters with an opinion .......that''s the part of the season where if you dare make a criticism of the manager you are either a troll, a binner or something worse (is there anything worse than a binner?) .

I think it stands for another word for flipping pancakes!

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"][quote user="T"]I thought he came across injured so not surprised as takes a while to get back to speed - it''s a long season. Does not seem unreasonable that the manager plays the best team available that he sees in training[/quote]That is fair enough but I''d still be interested to know where he plays and why he wasn''t considered even worth a go off the bench in our last two games where I think we only made two subs as we dropped 5 points.[/quote]if only that sort of stuff was readily available, and easily accessiblemaybe it ishere

to be fair cheap cheap is a binner

never made one positive post about the club and has a serious bash the club mentality

Just those who never make a positive post, are always critical and never have a logical reasoned argument. I''m still curious why they do it - not seen a good explanation yet why some posters limit of wit and intelligence is to post abuse. Perhaps bullied at school or home. Honestly don''t know what they get out of they childish abuse. Good to see govt coming sown harder on this unsavoury behaviour.

While we were winning cheap cheap posted nothing. As soon as we have a less than convincing spell he is spilling his venom with mindless banality. As has happened with all his other aliases.

[quote user="JF"]It is called having a squad, it''s long gone time he started to use it. Time to break up the most uninspiring centre midfield of Tettey and Johnson and mix it up a bit. I would go with 5 across the midfield with Redmond, Howson, Tettey, Vadis, Murphy.[/quote]

I''d agree with that midfield line-up JF. Leeds may not pose too much of a threat or shouldn''t, so I think we should ping some crosses in from both wings and have either Howson or Vadis in the Hoolahan role supporting Jerome. If thats not working bring on Hooper for the last 30 mins in place of Howson or Vadis. At the back Martin has to play right back and I''d give Miguel a chance alongside Turner. Somehow we have to stop giving the ball away so much and to cut the errors out.

[quote user="swjf50"][quote user="JF"]It is called having a squad, it''s long gone time he started to use it. Time to break up the most uninspiring centre midfield of Tettey and Johnson and mix it up a bit. I would go with 5 across the midfield with Redmond, Howson, Tettey, Vadis, Murphy.[/quote]

I''d agree with that midfield line-up JF. Leeds may not pose too much of a threat or shouldn''t, so I think we should ping some crosses in from both wings and have either Howson or Vadis in the Hoolahan role supporting Jerome. If thats not working bring on Hooper for the last 30 mins in place of Howson or Vadis. At the back Martin has to play right back and I''d give Miguel a chance alongside Turner. Somehow we have to stop giving the ball away so much and to cut the errors out.[/quote]

This sounds a very good midfield, No square pegs in round holes there. Not sure it will happen though Johnson gets picked every game based on the manager liking him and not on ability and performance.

[quote user="star_manic"]While we were winning cheap cheap posted nothing. As soon as we have a less than convincing spell he is spilling his venom with mindless banality. As has happened with all his other aliases.[/quote]No point trying to get the truth across to the likes of you while we are winning as you all thought Adams was some God like appointment .Now listen to the truth , he is no better than Gunn , he was given the job because he was cheap and will not take on the Board on any matter and he will fail to gain promotion with the strongest squad in the league .Adams getting the job was a scandalous decision and anybody with an ounce of sense knows it .

I know it was only a 15 minute cameo but Vadis looked a very tidy player when he came on at Brentford and hardly gave the ball away at all.

I would really like to start with Tettey Howson and VOO on Tuesday but I don;t think there is a hope in hell of Johnson not starting. In fact I suspect we will see Johnson and Howson with tettey back on the bench which will really wind me up.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I know it was only a 15 minute cameo but Vadis looked a very tidy player when he came on at Brentford and hardly gave the ball away at all.

I would really like to start with Tettey Howson and VOO on Tuesday but I don;t think there is a hope in hell of Johnson not starting. In fact I suspect we will see Johnson and Howson with tettey back on the bench which will really wind me up.[/quote]

It would wind me up too.   Johnson can be effective, even creative and score goals as we have seen, but his passing is a real issue.   That combined with Wes''s ability to be poor on his off days,  gives us problems when they are in what is a glorified 442.  Two of the main midfielders at their worst, being basically ineffective and careless.   That increases the pressure on Tettey and Redmond, who imo work well together on the right.   So it is that left hand side that is a problem - and to me it isn''t surprising that Olsson  doesn''t appear so effective atm. Sometimes he has acres of space to try and cover with little support.  

I too would like to see Vadis in and as soon as possible.   Vadis Tettey Howson on paper look a good midfield three.   Tidy, good passers and should generate a better passing success rate in midfield than we have seen for some time.    The ability to hold on to the ball  is fundamental and if we can do that it generates confidence in the team, rather than the opposite, which we have seen recently - jitters and giving the ball away cheaply and expensively.  

Fulham looked awful to start with and kept giving us the ball back.  We did nothing but fanny around with flicks, or hopeful long balls -  allowing them the ball back for nothing, leaving huge spaces behind and giving them confidence to push forwards.  Get Vadis, O''Neil, McGrandles in - anyone who can make simple passes simply and effectively and have the intelligence not to commit too far forwards, giving them time to get back if needed.

He looked ok against Shrewsbury and had some good touches but was played out of position on the right. He didn''t seem to be on the same wavelength as everyone else tho and at times his passes went to nobody because he was expecting runs (usually from Whits on the overlap) that never happened.

I too think he would be good in a 5 man midfield with Murphy on the left and Redmond on the right, but I can''t see Adams using that formation or surely he would''ve used it with Wes in the line-up. So I think it will be a 442 with Vadis on the bench and probably not even getting on the pitch tomorrow. Also some would think it''s being negative with only 1 up front, especially at home, so think we''re going to see pretty much the same thing again. Just hope we can convert some chances!