Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

An honest view and in support of the manager

I am happy with the management team we have in place, Neil Adams, Gary Holt and Mark Robson all seem to m like good "footballing men" with long futures in the game. My concern is like a lot of people the apparent lack of experience. This is where Joe Royal was expected to play a major role before he left.

Would a business normally have such inexperience running matters without an "old experienced head" to turn to?

Is there an experienced figure that could help the current coaching staff even if on a part time basis. David Moyes, is one name I thought of but it must be to help and not to take over and someone NA trust and can work with.

I still firmly believe Neil Adams and his team will get the job done.

I see where you are coming from on this, but many businesses succeed with younger people at the top and in key positions. I guess if you are good enough you are old enough. That all said, I personally feel that the management team could do with an older more experienced head, someone with a wealth of knowledge, particularly in getting out of this league at the first attempt, but who''s available who wouldnt be a threat?

The question is whether Neil is confident enough in his own abilities to adapt his tactics in his own way and does not bow to pressure from fans, the board, or anyone else.  He has to be his own man and too many people advising you can be counterproductive.  

The jury is still out as to whether he is good enough and will be until the end of the season.    Hughton was seen as a little weak in dealing with his players, relying on them too much for his own good.   Adams talks a strong talk, but he has in my mind to be strong in reality.  Strong to recognise when changes need to be made, strong enough to stick to his tactics if he believes he is doing the right thing.  

It appears that he hasn''t got it right yet.   So many times we have flattered to deceive in the first half of matches, dominating possession but having nothing to show for it, eventually succumbing to a sucker punch.  How many times does it take that to happen before changes are made?    We have to start the goal scoring again to justify Neil''s tactics and get what our dominating of possession in matches deserves - or he has to adapt his tactics/team selection more.

Its his call.   He has to make the decisions - that is what he is paid for.  No amount of advisers changes that.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Nigel Worthington.[/quote]

This is a joke....right ? [:''(]

[/quote]

It''s your fault they got rid of him in the first place[;)][:D]

Ian Culverhouse, George Graham, Mick Harford, Glenn Hoddle, Brian Horton, Paul Jewell, Dave Jones, Malky Mackay, Gary Megson, There''s loads of people that could do the job,but I don''t think Norwich are looking at the moment.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Nigel Worthington.[/quote]

This is a joke....right ? [:''(]

[/quote]

It''s your fault they got rid of him in the first place[;)][:D]

[/quote]

Whatever you say Butler and all done without a dose of gangrene or burning effigies. [:P]

For me Royle was a big loss - it is always good to run things past an experienced hand no matter how much experience you have yourself

[quote user="T"]For me Royle was a big loss - it is always good to run things past an experienced hand no matter how much experience you have yourself[/quote]

Well he''s really doing a lot at Everton......