Sign in to follow this  
yellow4life

Season ticket

What price are you looking for? And is it a genuine reason to want to sell it? Or just a spur of moment after recent home results

Genuinely thinking about selling, putting the feelers out as obviously it''s a tough decision as I''ve been a fan for 26 years. The reason is work commitments as I''m self employed and inundated at the moment, and genuinely don''t have the same passion for football in general anymore, priorities lay etc, and £75??? I gather you''re on the wind up!

[quote user="yellow4life"]Genuinely thinking about selling, putting the feelers out as obviously it''s a tough decision as I''ve been a fan for 26 years. The reason is work commitments as I''m self employed and inundated at the moment, and genuinely don''t have the same passion for football in general anymore, priorities lay etc, and £75??? I gather you''re on the wind up![/quote]

I''ve been thinking the same for some time now. I''ve been a season ticket holder for 20+ years and seen us go from the Premier to League One and back again. Hughton pretty much destroyed all enthusiasm I had for the game. So much so, that last season when we scored I merely shrugged my shoulders rather than punched the air because I knew what was to come. This season we''re playing reasonably well but I find being a season ticket holder a bit of a chore these days. I''d prefer to go to probably 4-5 games a season but that isn''t really an option with sell-out crowds (although I''m at a loss to explain the empty River End/City Stand in-fill for most matches this year).

I liken it to watching a film at the cinema. Yeah, I enjoy the odd film - but would I really want to pay £500 and be committed to watching a film every other Saturday/Tuesday night for the next 9 months? Probably not.

I''m also disillusioned with the game in general. We may well get promoted and it will be fantastic. For a bit. But what then? Aim for the top 10 and call that success? We''ll unlikely finish any higher and we''ll never break into the top 5-6 again those days are gone for a club like us without a billionaire owner. The game has lost it''s sporting ethos and has sold its soul to the money men.

Hughton always told us that it''s a business not an entertainment. In that case, perhaps I should give up my season ticket as I am more often than not, not entertained. If it''s the result which is the only thing that is important, then fine. I''ll save myself £500, save hours getting stuck in traffic before and after the games, save 1/4 of my weekend every other week and I''ll just check the results online at 5pm!

Even this season, the only game I have enjoyed so far was the 3-1 against Blackburn, which may have partly been down to the better atmosphere of a night game. The other matches I could take or leave. Charlton was pure frustration and Rotherham was the same and save for a ten minute spell in the second half was in fact rather boring.

So, as per the OP... I am toying with the idea of giving up my Barclay Lower, Block C, back row seat. So if anyone is genuinely interested, drop me a line.

PS: Spare me the ''not a real fan'' lecture. I''ve driven 26 miles to Carrow Road in the depths of winter, with treacherous roads and full of flu to watch us play in the old Division One with crowds of less than 12,000. In 20+ years I can count the number home games I''ve missed on one hand. I''m just falling out of love with the game. I''ll always be City through and through. I just don''t want to have to go there week in, week out and pay for the privilege any more. Particularly if we get promoted again - the Premiership for me, is stale and boring. A league full of over-paid prima donnas and a whipped-up media frenzy, with Lineker and co having multiple orgasms over the likes of Rooney and sneering with derision at the likes of City.

Anyway, I digress. Any interest, please PM me.

Shifty Syd,Read your post and thought that''s exactly how I feel, although I have already given up my season ticket, I attend the odd match  now and it keeps my interest up, yes football has sold it''s soul.

To be honest I think that anyone who remembers football back as far as say the late 80s/90s probably feels the same way.

I agree with sentiments of the last two posts.

While theChampionship is vastly more interesting in all respects, what happens if/when we get promoted?

The best we can hope for is to be average. And I don''t buy into seeing all the best players at Carra Rud nonsense.

Errm... Not exactly selling it, am I! LOL.

If anyone is interested, it would be a full transfer of the ticket, registration et all via the club.