Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

3 more games and he's out!.

3 points out of 9 and all at home, shocking!.

And remind me how long ago did we actually win a competitive game?

Or win an away game?

For me Worthy is drinking in the last chance saloon, if there is no more improvements in the results, and I mean wins, then I really think he must go!.

So I would only give him 3 more games to get it right, we can''t afford to keep dropping points.

Forget your fancy dressed up arguements, at the end of the day, the manager is responsible and the buck stops with him. And although I would never advocate booing players, its becoming clear that a section of fans have had enough too!.

So already I have to say: Nigel Worthington, you are the weakest link, goodbye!.

O.K no fancy dressed up arguments,I think your "balls" are swinging in the breeze from one extreme to the other show some consistancey ,and give us an alternative.

If it''s true that Worthy is interested in TWO right backs at Wigan - then he must have lost the plot and therefore it''s time to bid him a fond farewell. We had the farcical situation of four goalkeepers at the club last season, so in a Worthy World I suppose there is nothing bizarre in having four RB''s.

For gods sake get a grip man! You are sounding like a broken record now...

I myself did doubt Worthy last season,  but if you really think about it who is there available at the moment who you would prefer and also who we could actually get in?

This is Worthingtons team. He built it. Lets se where it gets us.

I am sure come christmas you will see us at the top of the table.I wish people would please stop being so damn negative after just 3 games and i dont care if they were all at home. These games were never guaranteed victories and this league is by no means going to be the walk in the park that many people think it is.

[quote]For gods sake get a grip man! You are sounding like a broken record now... I myself did doubt Worthy last season, but if you really think about it who is there available at the moment who you woul...[/quote]

But its not just 3 games is it Rob?.

As I said, you cannot ignore last season can you?. Not even one away win, that''s a disgrace man.

And how many goals did we concede?.

He''s had far more chances and lives than he deserves. I would suggest Joe Royal working with our team could work wonders, well far more than Worthy could!.

Worthy out Blah de Blah de Blah  you come out with the same old drivel everytime in case you did not notice there is 23 other teams trying to beat us? and at 7 that could win the title

i would sooner sooner have worthy in than with out him anyway i thought you were going to pester carrowroad.net and leave this board alone

I myself am not a great fan of Worthy. All Worthy fans went on about last season was for everyone to give him a chance because he got us promoted. Well now he has a relegation on his C.V.

But where does the buck lie? Is it Worthy''s fault if Mckenzie misses a sitter from 2 yards,or Worthy''s fault if Hux is having trouble crossing the ball consistently? Was it Worthy''s fault that Greeno threw the ball out to Hux & he lost it & Mr Diver scored? Buying players,picking the team,tactics & substitutions is all that Worthy can do. Once the lads are on the pitch its over to them im afraid. They are the pro''s being payed stupid money that each & every one of us would play for nothing if it meant us running on to the pitch at Carrow Road in our glorious yellow shirts.

So where does the buck lie? I dont know.

Do you?

Shut up. This is beyond ridiculous. Everyone wanted a better start it hasn''t happened. Worthington has been brilliant for this club, he''s building a new side, and we have drawn our first three games! We haven''t even lost yet.  Any team who sacks their manager 6 games into a season is clearly run by morons. Remember Newcastle sacking Robson? Southampton sacking whatsisname? Who do you suppose we replace Worthy with? I can''t believe you people who supposedly watch football, can''t realise that you cannot just go sacking managers willy nilly. I don''t want to sit through 6 years of dross, waiting for us to get someone as good as Worthy again. REMEMBER HAMILTON!!"!??? You don''t see Palace fans booing their team and calling for Dowie''s head, and they outsung us in the second half. If you''re looking for answers as to why we haven''t won a game. Look to the crowd, constant pressure, groans after every misplaced pass, booing even when we''ve played well, and silence as soon as we''ve scored, no wonder the players begin to back off. We''re not Man. United, we''re Norwich City, we''re a good division 1 side, nothing more, we have no divine right to play in the premiership. Hopefully we can go up again this year, but if not I''d rather keep the ship steady. I can see nobody who would have a better chance of leading this side to promotion than Worthy. Get off the players backs, support your team. DON''T TURN US INTO WOLVES! STOP BEING SO ARROGANT!

Forget last year..... this is a different kettle of fish altogether.

We have a lot of new players who are still getting used to each other and at the end of the day Worthington has got experience in this division. His record in it since taking over speaks volumes 1 play off final and 1 championship in 3 years.

Now i know that you cannot rest on your laurels for 1 second in football but I do just ask for another 5 matches for he and the players to prove to us that they can mount a serious title challenge.

If in that time we are still where we are at right now then I will start to ask for answers. Until then, let them do their job and we will do ours by getting behind the team as we all know we can.

[quote]3 points out of 9 and all at home, shocking!. And remind me how long ago did we actually win a competitive game? Or win an away game? For me Worthy is drinking in the last chance saloon, if there i...[/quote]

Penultimate game of the season - 7th May 1 - 0 against Birmingham.

Palace & Soton have fewer points than us, should they also sack their managers ?

Anyone who thought we would stroll through this Div were always kidding themselves, hostory shows that relegated teams struggle (one or two exception), it is very early days. I would imagine the team are desparate to play away from Carrow Rd and avoid the appalling pressure they''re being put under by many of our so called fans. Booing the team off after drawn games ( well any game in fact) is just plain wrong, if people can''t go and support - don''t go.

[quote]Worthy out Blah de Blah de Blah you come out with the same old drivel everytime in case you did not notice there is 23 other teams trying to beat us? and at 7 that could win the title i would sooner...[/quote]

But I love these boards as well Tadley Yellow, so get use to my appearance now and again, moderators permitting!.

Anyway, it might be blah blah blah and drivel to you, but its true, Worthy is useless, and you know it.

The results don''t lie do they?.

Mmmm.You didn''t call him useless when he got Varney in on loan.....are they swinging in the breeze again wiz??

Worthy is usless? HAHA...If lady luck had been smiling on us, we could have been sitting here with 7 points under our belts now. WTF could Worthy have done differently against Crewe that would have resulted in a win? Was it his fault McKenzie missed 2 sitters and various other chances, (remember Ashton''s one in the 1st half when it was still 0-0) went begging...erm NO! Was it Worthy''s fault that Bywater pulled of 3 stunning saves ( 2 McKenzie efforts and Hucks lob towards the end of the game), even though we played poorly, we could have still walked away with 3 points.

Finally, was it Worthingtons fault that when we are 1-0 up, with 3minutes to go before HT, the keeper decides to play hot potato and gives Hucks the ball up the creek without a paddle...erm NO! We played well Saturday, against a team who will be right up there at the end of the season, and we imo were the better team.

People have to realise we are in a period of transition. 3 new midfielders and a new right back are not going to just suddenly gel with the rest of the team, if by November we are struggling, then its time to panic, but certainly not after 3 games...

No No No No No No NO... Sorry, disagree rather strongly.

If Deano and Leon had brought their shooting boots with them we would probably be top of the league. As far as im concerned he has all season before I start to worry (Unless we have a total disaster this season!) if we dont go up then lets review it. But for now Im happy.

Sorry Wiz, but.......

BOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRIIIINNNNG!!!!!!!!!!!

That''s it, season over, may as well promote Luton and QPR now, and relegate Coventry, Palarse and Milwall, and sack all managers who''s teams are below 15th. Mike Newell for England manager, obviously...

GET A GRIP!!!!!!!!

[quote]But its not just 3 games is it Rob?. As I said, you cannot ignore last season can you?. Not even one away win, that''s a disgrace man. And how many goals did we concede?. He''s had far more chances a...[/quote]

Good joke Wiz. I thought you were being serious with your first post until I read the punchline.

I think someone''s on a wind up and got the reaction he wanted.

Anyone with an ounce of patience will know that three games don''t make a season.

We were 8th at the end of October two years ago. That will do me this season so long as we are within 7 or 8 points and playing well. Will give us all the opportunity for getting a good bet on at a decent price.

Well done Mr Wizard for getting the debate going though.

I think Worthy has done a great job for the club- nearly all of his signings have been successful as well as taking us to the prem. BUT I think he is finally losing it- when was the last time he came out to the press and criticised a player- today reading on the Pinkun he has had a knock at Greeno for the goal!

The solution is simple- Dario Gradi- his teams know how to play football an dhe is sa great organiser of men. I would keep Worthy on in a similar capacity to Clive Woodward @ Soton to be in charge of signings etc.

On a more lighter note seems Worthys denial of two signings signals they''ll be with us in the next week if his past behavior about possible targets is to go on!

Yes lets all put our green and yellow blimdfolds on and pretend Worthington is a good manager untill we are certain we wont be going up . He has no tactical ability whatsoever , his summer signings are mediocre (and thats being generous) he refuses to strengthen the squad because he feels its good enough even though 20,000 supporters disagree,he cannot motivate a team , he thinks good energy levels will be enough  and we are fast becoming a Wimbledon hoof ball team . Nice bloke no doubt , good football manager NO WAY .

[quote]I think someone''s on a wind up and got the reaction he wanted. Anyone with an ounce of patience will know that three games don''t make a season. We were 8th at the end of October two years ago. That ...[/quote]

All part of the service greenTshirt.

[quote]All part of the service greenTshirt.[/quote]

Oh I forgot to add, lets move heaven and earth and get Dario Gradi in place of NW. I think he''d jump at the chance, and I''m sure Ashton wouldn''t object.

Unlike the 4 or 5 players Worthless signed, who can''t pass a ball to save their bloody lives!.    

[quote]Oh I forgot to add, lets move heaven and earth and get Dario Gradi in place of NW. I think he''d jump at the chance, and I''m sure Ashton wouldn''t object. Unlike the 4 or 5 players Worthless signed, wh...[/quote]

Its confirmed...you really have lost the plot,

[quote]But its not just 3 games is it Rob?. As I said, you cannot ignore last season can you?. Not even one away win, that''s a disgrace man. And how many goals did we concede?. He''s had far more chances a...[/quote]

i cant belive you have said joe royal would work wonders,how can a city fan want a scummer to norwich . you keep saying the same thing over and over again its getting boring.

think of something diff to say.

YAWN

[quote]Oh I forgot to add, lets move heaven and earth and get Dario Gradi in place of NW. I think he''d jump at the chance, and I''m sure Ashton wouldn''t object. Unlike the 4 or 5 players Worthless signed, wh...[/quote]

i really belive that you sit at home with nothing to do and just cause bad feelings on theses boards .i also think you should be taken off theses boards untill you can say something constructive.

Yeah because 2 of the new players that "Worthless" has signed havn''t set up 2 of the 3 goals we have scored this season have they?....whats that....oh

[quote]i really belive that you sit at home with nothing to do and just cause bad feelings on theses boards .i also think you should be taken off theses boards untill you can say something constructive.[/quote]

Agreed.  It''s all rather tedious.  Why not leave the forum for people who actually support the club.

[quote]i cant belive you have said joe royal would work wonders,how can a city fan want a scummer to norwich . you keep saying the same thing over and over again its getting boring. think of something diff ...[/quote]

Joe Royal was a canary way before he was a scummer!.

Keep up king.

[quote]i really belive that you sit at home with nothing to do and just cause bad feelings on theses boards .i also think you should be taken off theses boards untill you can say something constructive.[/quote]

Listen here King.

These boards are not just about saying nice things about City(and I have in the past) or you get banned.

Its about warts and all.

And there are a lot of warts at the moment, or do you wish to stifle free speech as well now mate?.

[quote]Yes lets all put our green and yellow blimdfolds on and pretend Worthington is a good manager untill we are certain we wont be going up . He has no tactical ability whatsoever , his summer signings ar...[/quote]

No you and the Wizard are right. Worthy is a terrible manager. I must have imagined him saving us from relegation from the 1st division when he first took over. Then taking us to the play off final and nearly missing out the season after. Then getting us promoted as champions and only narrowly avoiding to keep us up in the Premiership. Change the record you cretinous morons. It''s 3 games into the season and we''ve yet to lose. If we''re sitting at christmas near the bottom then you''ll have a point, but we''re not! Like an earlier poster rightly said, I don''t want to be sitting here in this league for 9 years while we change manager after manager because a few fans couldnt hold there bottle and drove a decent manager out of the club! Get a grip!