Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

In my view a good manager with this squad gets us up comfortably. A mediocre manager probably has us in the playoffs.

Not my words but in a post yesterday I have pasted in.

I totally agree with the comment and cant see how any city fan can disagree.

is the squad really as good as everyone makes out?

2 of our central midfielders struggled to finish above mid table with Leeds in this very division.

Our Left back has been relegated twice and didn''t look like going up last season before joining us....

perhaps a good manager needs time to sort out the "sh*t" and build a side capable of staying up?

agree totally and said something similar on a previous thread.

think we have the best squad in the league, only adams'' inexperience will stop us going up. having said that i''m totally behind him and think he''s had some bad luck in a few games, and to be fair a bit of good luck too.

its weird that both strikers have gone off the boil at the same time and laffs has been injured.  stand up hoops the first is there for the taking.

You only have to look at what a awful manager like Hughton achieved in this league when he had the "best squad in the league" , we should walk away with it this season and if we do not then its down to the Board for putting a man in charge who has no right whatsoever to be in the job .

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]You only have to look at what a awful manager like Hughton achieved in this league when he had the "best squad in the league" , we should walk away with it this season and if we do not then its down to the Board for putting a man in charge who has no right whatsoever to be in the job .
[/quote]

bit like you lot did with Keano

Yeah agree about us having the best squad (believed it at the start of the season) However, we should be pleased that we hit the ground running, it''s hard coming down and then trying to hit the ground running after getting in the habit of losing, but we''ve also been pretty poor the last few games.

We''re 4th at the moment which is a great place to be in at this early stage, the question now is can Adams get us playing some effective smart football? This is where he''ll earn his corn and we''ll get an idea of how good a manager he is. No one at this moment can say he''s a good or bad manager yet, but he''s shown he can be naive tactically starting his team up, yet he''s also shown that he can change a game and give a team talk bringing out a totally new look squad in a second half. The jury is still out for all of us, whether we wanted him in the first place or not is irrelevant, he''s here and he deserves the chance now to be given enough time to be fairly judged.

Although I think we have the best squad, Ryan Bennett has been injured and Bassong has not started a game which has really hurt us defensively as we''ve had to play Martin at CB because Hooiveld is so slow therefore having to put up with Whittaker''s awful positional play, passing, tackling etc. And I was/am surprised we didn''t replace pilkington on the left as that side is glaring out for a natural winger instead of a young boy or makeshift striker who has to be stuck out there, hopefully Bennett will be given another chance as he''s come to full fitness.

I agree generally with the subject, but at the beginning of the season I felt that the squad was strong enough to get an automatic place "even with NA at the helm" and I stick by that, and right now genuinely want the manager to come through this slightly rough patch and succeed. Why?...because we need stability and it would be great to see a guy like NA succeed, and prove me and others doubters wrong. But, yes...a Pulis, Bruce or McCarthy with this squad would I feel be a certain automatic place.

Maybe we are used to having "names" taking over teams like Pulis,Malky etc but struggle to give the prerequisite time for young managers coming through.

I believe that NA rising through the ranks is the future rather than previously sacked managers.

I also think that assuming a relegated side will go up despite the new manager is arrogant.

I find it pathetic that some fans arnt willing to give the manager a chance to turn around the first patch of poor form. Are we going to start wanting a new manager everytime we lose a couple of games?

Also let''s not overrate our team, yes it''s up there with the very best in this division but the quality of individual player is not light years ahead of the opposition to such an extent that we can just steam roller teams week in week out.

Did adams tell hoolahan to beat the same man twice before losing the ball yet again, otr grabbam to waste a penalty, johnson to give tbe ball away on umpteen occasions, redmond to hit the first man at nearly every cross etc, the midfield and defense to fold when fulham broke with purpose for the one and only time inthe whole 90 minutes? No is the answer. Sometimes the players have to stand up and admitt theygot it hopelessly wrong and apologise to the 4, 000 fans who put up with a dreadful team effort.

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]You only have to look at what a awful manager like Hughton achieved in this league when he had the "best squad in the league" , we should walk away with it this season and if we do not then its down to the Board for putting a man in charge who has no right whatsoever to be in the job .[/quote]is that you stuffing your gob, chip chip ?

I disagree that we''ll make the playoffs. Adams has had his equivalent of Hoofton''s 10 game unbeaten run, but like his predecessor he now looks like a rabbit in the car headlights. In post-match interviews he struggles to fathom out why he''s dropped points because he''s not the tactical genius that he''s made himself out to be.We need a complete change of footballing culture at the club, because low skill up and at ''em hoofball is as outdated as the cautious bu11sh!t that preceded it. We''re not sufficiently different from lots of other teams, unlike when we were successful in the late 80s/early 90s.

We have a very good squad and so have most of the teams around us in the table, whether or not we have the "best " squad in the league is an unknown factor used mainly as a stick to beat Neil Adams with when we get a bad result.

"Oh we should never have lost to them! we have the best squad in the league! it must be bad management"

"Retrospective proclamations that the manager made a wrong decision, he should never have done that......."by our resident Adams bashers.

The fact is that we have got off to an excellent start and Adams is doing very well, he''s not perfect, nobody is, but he learns from his mistakes, something we didn''t see last season! So get off his back and support him. We are going through a bit of a rough patch and what we need now is people getting behind him and not knocking him.

When have we not been behind him? Every game I''ve bern to this season no one has turned on the team or Adams!

On here there are a few OTT threads but in general we have to question just why Adams has not changed it up when the team he keeps faith in is not delevering and yet we have a 4 milliin belgium international and Howson sitting on the bench.

No one could argue with Adams in the first 5 games but our home form is bad and the performances are starting to dip.

We have been unlucky in some games but lucky in others.

No one should be calling for a change just yet but question should be raised.

We will see tonight if Adams changes it up or sticks by the team who have failed. He''s paid the big bucks and spent the kitty on his targets so now comes the challenge to get out of this dip, blip or whatever you might want to call it.

We have failed to beat some poor teams at home over the past 4 games and it''s now getting into the tough run with Forrest coming up. We need a win tonight.

Reality - only 1 in 4 get promoted straight back.

Great support at he ground Indy, tonight will be a big test, I expect to see a few changes and a win. Fully accept your second para and we may well see them involved. have not seen much of Voo, other than when he came on at Brentford and he certainly looked there as if he needed a few games.

Hopefully the u21''s will have helped. If he does start I hope he plays well!

I agree Jenks, we will be up there in the top 6 this year, its not an easy league as we are finding out, but the question for me is why does he continue with Tettey, Johnson & Wes combination when this formation compressed the attack through the middle & slows the game.

Change it up with fresh faces and change in system maybe.

Always feel we''ve got a chance because we''ve got such a strong squad in terms of quality and depth.

Not impressed by the way we haven''t really been making use of the options available to us by trying to accommodate certain players at the expense of what is best for the team.

But I guess that perhaps it''s understandable that as a newcomer to management NA has wanted to make sure he keeps long serving/influential players happy.

Jenkins wrote the following post at 21/10/2014 7:18 AM:

The fact is that we have got off to an excellent start and Adams is doing very well, he''s not perfect, nobody is, but he learns from his mistakes, something we didn''t see last season!

--------------------------------------------------------

We''ll see if he learns from his mistakes, the next few games will be a big test for him I feel.

Mrs Miggins and Jenkins are pretty close to where I am at.

There was a lot of negativity around when Hughton left, yet I firmly believe that the Board and NA have actually managed the relegation reasonably well, with dignity and calmness. Some good signings have been made and we are now a much more entertaining side to watch.

NA will not get everything right and neither will we go through this league without losing another game. We will have good spells and poorer spells. But in our so-called poor spell we could have won every single match. The defence isn''t perfect and the midfield can at times be suspect, but that is why we are a Champs side now.

I am pretty sure that we will be there or thereabouts come May. We are down in the Champs on merit, there are many good solid outfits in this league and you just have to see how close it is already to know how tough it will be. But it has always been tough. I am very pleased that we have adapted quickly and are well set, we have a nice balance in our squad and some strength in depth which should be helpful in the latter stages of the season.

To a certain extent therefore I agree with the subject line, but there are some good managers around who fail having succeeded before. The bottom line for me is that we have the squad to be competing at the top and while NA is far from the finished article I am encouraged with how things have gone so far. There is no guarantee that anyone else would have done any better than we have done thus far and I am not sure it is likely that anyone would have done so either.

we have the strongest, or at least equally strong squad in the division the problem is adams insists on doing the same thing every game hoping it will fix itself its easily sorted, drop wes, start murphy, 442 and start games at the tempo we finish them at

lose tonight and the grumbles will get louder

iron_stan wrote the following post at 21/10/2014 12:30 PM:

its easily sorted, drop wes, start murphy, 442 and start games at the tempo we finish them at

---------------------------------------------------------

and bam its that simple. You should be a manager y''know

[quote user="mrs miggins"]and bam its that simple. [/quote]ill ignore the last bit (i probably should be ;) )

i guess tonight we will see

An experienced manager would have taken us to promotion. As I feared the Adams experiment will likely take us to a mid-table finish and the unwinding of the squad that will necessarily follow.