I have genuinely never seen a striker miss so many chances. The guy is a class A donkey. A couple of deflected goals/tap ins have really flattered to decieve. Time he was made culpable. Should not only be dropped from the first team but the squad on Tuesday. Unfortunately it seems Grabban is not alone in being found out as time progresses. Adams lack of managerial experience is really starting to cost us.

Dropped from the 11 maybe but from the squad would be ridiculous.

No way Johnson should be starting the next game.

His all round game is just not up to standard, his touch in particular is absolutely appalling.

Considering the size of our squad and the options Adams has available to him, I can''t quite understand why he is sticking with a first 11 that has struggled of late.

Seems he is going to be our new scapegoat, then!

For me, the jury is out - I do agree that he has recently seemed to need a too many chances to score (even v Blackburn he missed then pen and nearly muffed the goal at he death), but I do think he is a good player and will surely hit the goal trail again soon.

He should drop to the bench, emitting him from the squad all together would be insane, it''s his lack of ability that''s caused his last few performances not a poor or negative attitude, it''s not like the problem is him being lazy so I see no point in punishing him for it.

----------Ruddy-----

Whittaker Martin Turner Ollson

--------Tetty------VOO------

Redmond ----Howson---Jerome

------------Hooper

This team next match please, Murphey on early in the second half if either of Jerome or Redmond isn''t performing

Oh look, cheapshot binman with the usual garbage - he may have lost a bit of form, but is still at the top end of the scoring charts. And he scored the winner at Poorman Road.

Time to have a stint on the bench. His play for several weeks now hasnt been up to standard and today his poor control led to the goal and i never fancied him to take that pen.

His goals cannot be taken away but he does need 4 or 5 chances to score. He should no longer take penalties and tbo if Hooper is fit then he is on the bench for me. I have yet to be really impressed by him, he has had some decent games but many very ordinary ones. A good squad player yes but if we ever get back up he will be way out of his depth

I don''t think he''s been playing that well recently but I don''t think anyone else has done that much better either.

As with my earlier post in the thread, if anyone should be out it should be Johnson. But it probably won''t be.

or we could spend 9 million pounds and run a marketing campaign on the worst striker the club has ever had... maybe recall him from loan!

Grabban has scored 6 in 10 games this season... how many strikers across the leagues have done better?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

or we could spend 9 million pounds and run a marketing campaign on the worst striker the club has ever had... maybe recall him from loan!

Grabban has scored 6 in 10 games this season... how many strikers across the leagues have done better?

[/quote]Grabban has scored 6 in a weak league while also missing several sitters including 2 pens , he would look even more out of his depth than RVW in the top flight , his form prior to last seasons scoring feat at Bournemouth suggest hes a league 1 striker at best .

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]
Grabban has scored 6 in a weak league while also missing several sitters including 2 pens , he would look even more out of his depth than RVW in the top flight , his form prior to last seasons scoring feat at Bournemouth suggest hes a league 1 striker at best .
[/quote]

Jerome and Lafferty all have similar records to Grabban.

who should we sign to bang the goals in?

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]His goals cannot be taken away but he does need 4 or 5 chances to score. He should no longer take penalties and tbo if Hooper is fit then he is on the bench for me. I have yet to be really impressed by him, he has had some decent games but many very ordinary ones. A good squad player yes but if we ever get back up he will be way out of his depth[/quote]

Well if we have created 24 or 30 chances for Grabban plus those created for Jerome and others there can''t be a lot wrong...

his form has dipped but he still has plenty to offer

however he has missed more clear cut chances than any other striker in the champs this season

He is joint 4th top scorer in this league so what is the problem? Every player has a poor patch, maybe dropping him to the bench will give him a kick up the backside. I don''t think that playing him, or Lafferty, out on the wings does either of them any favours.

But if he''s getting all those chances the only problem is his finishing. He maybe one of those who scores in clusters. I''d be worried if we weren''t creating or getting thumped. If its just missed chances it will come right.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]But if he''s getting all those chances the only problem is his finishing. He maybe one of those who scores in clusters. I''d be worried if we weren''t creating or getting thumped. If its just missed chances it will come right.[/quote]I''ve never been concerned to see a striker get 5 chances in a game and not convert one. I watched Robin Van Persie do that this evening against WBA. The concern for me came last year when I saw Wolfswinkel go what seemed like hours without getting a shot. Personally I think if your making chances for yourself but they aren''t going in it will only be a matter of time before you hit form again.

Funny but fans favourite Cureton was so poor on his return he missed the Barclay never mind the net.

It might be that a change up top to rest Grabban for a game or two might see a return to form. But why spend a reported 4 million on Laffs and stick him on the wing? We have wingers. Yes I know he''s been superb on the wing but hell he looked far better up top fore Ireland.

We have 4 top strikers so use them.

[quote user="GJP"]Dropped from the 11 maybe but from the squad would be ridiculous. No way Johnson should be starting the next game.[/quote]

[Y]

But looking at the press coverage it looks like undroppable BJ will start again.

If lafferty remains injured Grabban will rightly start.

I do not want MUrphy to start - still inconsistent and not quite fit enough - very much best as an impact sub

ZLF,

I think we need an impact starter over and above an impact sub, so I would start him, besides anything else it would be a massive boost to his self belief and confidence for upcoming games and help him become ''match fit''.

Defensively Murphy isn''t mature enough yet to play a full game. He''s great to bring on against a tiring full back with his energy and pace. I don''t think starting him is the answer at the moment, he''s improving with every minute he plays though which is good to see and he remains very promising

At 19 and in this league Murphy is both old enough and good enough to start.

This defensive rubbish is why Johnson &Tettey sit back there is it not to cover for our so called attacking flare!

Now Wes is out it''s the perfect time to give Murphy the place and the only way he will develope is minutes on the pitch.

Not every game but tonight is a must, pace power and full use of the pitch not compressed and playing through the middle.

Could be the best two attacking wingers in this league, Murphy & Redmond, should scare any full backs in this league.

[quote user="Indy"] But why spend a reported 4 million on Laffs and stick him on the wing? We have wingers. Yes I know he''s been superb on the wing but hell he looked far better up top fore Ireland.

We have 4 top strikers so use them.[/quote]

He is not a great header of the ball either, so that is one reason why he is on the left.  He spent most of the time at Celtic playing on the left hand side too.  You only have to watch the way he works that left hand channel to see he is invaluable out there, great at covering back and also running with the ball.   On the left hand side he can cut in and help Jerome or Grabban or Hooper with striking duties.  So he is a man for all formations and has the experience to do well wherever he is on the pitch.  An asset and one of the reasons we did so well early in the season. 

Firstly I think you mean Rangers, but also think he can''t really plan well in a 4231 because he can''t track back effectively, often conceding too many fouls because he''s out of position. However, imo, if we had him on the left and played a 5 in midfield with Tettey sitting just in front of the back 4 with Howson and VOO pushing forward then this will give cover so that we are not always worrying about a counter attack.

For me Murphy is too young and inexperienced to be starting most games, I think we need to use him sparingly and as an impact player because his final ball can be lacking in a lot of games.

The answer for Neyul was back at the start of the season when he should''ve bought a LM, still can''t quite believe he didn''t do that.

Yes. Sorry. Rangers. Got Celtic on the brain with Lennon and Hooper atm.  A five man midfield is exactly what I imagine would be best, with him on the left, with licence to get forward when the opportunity allows.  We are simply too open at times. 

[quote user="GJP"]

I don''t think he''s been playing that well recently but I don''t think anyone else has done that much better either.

[/quote]

This again.

Keep hearing people say that Grabban has been wasteful etc but I''m still struggling to see what Jerome is offering that''s better.

Once again Jerome did little tonight and his hold up play is often far too loose.