Sign in to follow this  
Craig Brown

Norwich 1-1 Leeds - My Thoughts

I can''t believe we haven''t beaten Leeds - they had one shot on target and score. I thought Adams put out a good team on paper - but he waited too long to bring on Grabban. What has happened to Elliott Bennett - why isn''t he involved?

I would have Elliott Bennett on the left wing. Also I think we need to go back to having Russell Martin at right back and maybe bring in Hooiveld to play with Turner.

Also Redmond should not be allowed to take free kicks as he fails to put quality into the box. Although to be fair to him - he did put a decent cross in which led to Russell Martin scoring a header. But Redmond needs to do that more often.

How long are we going to go on not winning at Carrow Road. I thought when Russell Martin scored - things had changed. I was so gutted when Leeds got the equaliser. Yet again bad defending has cost us.

Although Howson and Tettey had good games, they were also a big part of the problem. They BOTH sat in front of the back 4, they never looked to get in-between the lines, this would''ve been fine if either Jerome or Lafferty dropped deeper, but they didn''t - which brings me to the second point; the strikers don''t link up, they look as if they don''t know how. They''re too similar, perhaps this is also the problem playing Jerome & Grabban.

Whittaker was worse than usual which was strange considering how poor I think he is.

As most of us thought, Josh Murphy shouldn''t be used from the start but as an impact sub.

As you say, we gave the ball away in a bad area and backed off too much.

Adams needs to learn from this, yet how often have we said that recently? Much more of this and there will be questions about if he is the right man for the job.

I can''t understand why Elliott Bennett is not involved. He should be at least on the bench. This is a player who knows what the Championship is about. He has played in it with Brighton. Why not play Elliott Bennett on the left wing? He has more experience than Murphy.

Also from what I saw of Ojida Ofoe - he looked good - I would start with him and partner him with Howson. Grabban needs to start for Norwich. He will score soon. He was close against Fulham. It''s only a matter of time - before he scores. It''s all about confidence with strikers...

Actually Elliott Bennett didn''t play in the Championship with Brighton. He was signed by us after they won promotion from League One. A fit firing Elliott would be good but from what I''ve seen this season he is still to find his pre injury levels. Hopefully it will come.