Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Player Ratings

Ruddy - 5 - Made a good save from whittaker, some say he should''ve done better with the goal but think that''s harsh, had an edgy moment from his kick that rebounded off a leeds striker

Whittaker - 1 - yes 1, just for finding the pitch, he sure as hell couldn''t find another city player, failed to get to the ball for their goal. (the goal in the last match which was his fault for being dragged inside is still inside my head). Worse than Jon Otsemobor, I really think he''s that bad, if only he had the pace that Jon never used. Can''t pass, cross, run, tackle, get in the right defensive position...woeful

Martin - 6 - good goal, brought it out of defence well at times, should''ve done it more the way we were playing.

Turner - 6 - commanding, very good defender, shame he''s a bit slow.

Olsson - 5 - should''ve cut inside more and also helped Murphy in his attacks

Redmond - 6 - Great cross for the goal, had little help from Whittaker and therefore, like Josh on the other side was left isolated on either wing, tried his best. Perhaps a 7.

Tettey - 7 - Composed on the ball, a class above everyone in this league. Shouldn''t be advancing further than the wingers though, he should be the anchor in our midfield and not be allowed to shoot unless it is of course a volley. He should be the anchor because we saw how good he could pass it today.

Howson 7 -Like Tettey very good on the ball, however should''ve picked the ball up and run directly through to link up with the strikers, or played in-between the lines more instead of, like Johnson does, play the same role as Tettey. I blame Neil for this, this is tactical and he needs to do better, hopefully he''ll recognise this.

Murphy - 5 - As we already knew, he should only be used as an impact sub, he''s only 19 and should be used sensibly.

Lafferty - 6 - First half upfront with Jerome was very static, both did the same thing, neither dropped deep to get in-between their defence and midfield, was therefore ineffective in the first half. Once he went on the left, he was fantastic albeit put in an inevitable bad tackle, along with redmond, very direct, tried really hard when out wide - what we need.

Jerome - 5 - Perhaps should be a 6 but didn''t link up well enough with the other strikers, shame he was subject to racist abuse

------------

Hooper 7 -tried to link up play and get us moving however with little avail, obviously still lacking a bit of sharpness.

VOO 7 - looked lively and more direct, hopefully we''ll see more of him in this central role

grabban - came on too late

------------

Agree? Disagree? Don''t care? let me know

Ruddy 5
Whittaker 5
Martin 5/6 (for the goal)
Turner 6/7
Olsson 4/5
Redmond 6/7
Tettey 6/7
Howson 7/8
Murphy 4/5
Jerome 4

Hooper 5
Vadis 6
Grabban n/a

CJRV 2014 wrote the following post at 22/10/2014 12:30 AM:

Hooper a 7 ???

-----------------------------

Agree? Disagree?... Don''t care? ;)

Turner solid, every header was back into a dangerous area and ultimately cost us the goal!

For the amount of work he had to do no more than a 4.

Slow and needs a pacey CB alongside not Martin.

Again the question must be asked, three CB''s brought in and Martin being played there. So does that mean that the CB''s in are not good enough to displace a slow cumbersome Turner or a rightback.

Tend to agree with the rest appart from Hooper how can he get a 7, not long enough on the pitch.

(hooper) yeah perhaps you''re right on the lack of time on the pitch to get a 7, I think just the difference in linking up with the other striker amazed me as I hadn''t seen it all night, probably a 5 maybe 6

I think the option of Hooper & Laffs could work really well.

I''m more concerned about our defence....in games where they have little to do we still look as if we will concede every game. Whats going to happen when we meet a team who attack us rather than park the bus?

All I know is that Adams is still learning this job and team, maybe he does lean on those he knows, Wes, Johnson, Turners etc.

But time is running out and last night the atmosphere was muted.

As I said on another thread - we all have our favourites! But I have no idea what Olsson did to be marked five times as good as Whittaker.

[quote user="nutty nigel"] I have no idea what Olsson did to be marked five times as good as Whittaker.[/quote]

Totally agree.

He didn''t give the ball away as much, wasn''t constantly out of position when we were defending. He didn''t play very well which is why I thought he was a 5; offered nothing going forward really either and backed off for the goal which Turner gave the ball away in the first place, which I thought was a shame because I thought Turner had a good first half. It''s more of a case of Whittaker being 5 times worse than Olsson rather than Olsson being five times better than Whitts.

Whittaker was of more value to the team performance than Olsson. Olsson has been a shadow of the player he was last season. I''d probably move Whittaker to left back and Martin right back.

We''ll have to disagree there, Whitts shyed away from the ball whereas at least Olsson made himself available and at least looked at going forward before the inevitable pass back, Whitts looked to get rid of it to the nearest player as soon as he got it, was an embarrassing performance I thought from him, not something worthy of this league. The thought of him playing on the left, being a right footed defender would only mean we''d play more defensive football, spreading the play around the back 4 as well as not being able to contribute offensively as he''d have to cut in. As well as the fact that his positioning defensively (and attacking) is bad enough in his preferred RB position. The thought of him being the preferred LB choice scares me personally, unless we want to continue to bore the opposition to death, I''m sure they''d be happy with a 0-0 draw.

Spot on Miggins apart from Hooper. About 2 stone over weight. Didn''t do anything to deserve a 7, probably a 5 or a generous 6 but that will come once he''s been given more game time.

Apart from that, good assessment.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Whittaker was of more value to the team performance than Olsson. Olsson has been a shadow of the player he was last season. I''d probably move Whittaker to left back and Martin right back.[/quote]

Not Garrido?   I thought he impressed while Olsson was out and would be going with that :-)

Funny how we all see different games - I thought Tettey was an absolute liability yesterday. Passing was atrocious, shooting was not much better, and gave the ball away several times in dangerous areas.

Couple that with letting their goalscorer ghost past him without attempting to make a challenge and I find it mind-boggling anyone could call him a "class above" and rate him at 7.

Tettey had a good game for me, worked very hard, made himself available and was always involved,some good tackling too.

However, he was in a position to stop the goal and should have taken a Yellow card for the team.

Agree Jenkins, I thought his passing was superb for what we normally see of him. We normally think of him as just a tackler but like I say in my post, I thought he was fantastic on the ball, played some lovely direct passes and brought calmness to our play. The negatives is that he gave the ball away once in the last 10 minutes and like you say, should''ve put a tackle in to stop the goal, but two other players were also part of that goal (Olsson and Turner), again another goal which could''ve been easily avoided

Better with Garrido than Whittaker or Olsson. The problem is that Garrido make so many mistakes in terms of positioning due to his concentration. Below is the last game that he played for us, luckily Olsson was back the next game. Cost us 2 points

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UrUk4GluZc&index=63&list=UUzdkZv6--BWsUQ9rKUtQ1TQ

like I said Missus. We all have our favourites and perhaps look for different things. But I thought I''d check the stats because I''m sure Whittaker was not 5x worse than Olsson.

Whittaker : 3 interceptions, 4 clearances, 68 passes (82.4%) 5 crosses.

Olsson : 1 interception, 1 clearance, 68 passes (89%) 5 crosses.

And Zip.. I don''t think Garrido has been that good when he''s played this season. I think he has the potential of being the best crosser at the club but we don''t see it enough. Garrido''s stock is up because he hasn''t been playing. Just like Bradders'' and Wes''s stock is low because they have. Yesterdays game would have been "crying out for Wes" if it had been last season. Elliott Bennett is now the best winger at the club and Ryan Bennett the best defender. A spell injured or on the bench can do wonders y''know[;)]