Sign in to follow this  
Craig Brown

MISTAKES - DEFENSIVE INDIVIDUAL ERRORS THAT HAVE LEAD TO GOALS AND DROPPED POINTS

MISTAKES - DEFENSIVE INDIVIDUAL ERRORS

THAT HAVE LEAD TO GOALS AND DROPPED POINTS

Michael Turner - 4

• Fulham (a) - gave the ball away - Fulham score.

• Leeds (h) - headed the ball into players path - Leeds score

• Birmingham (h) - Turner fails to block shot - which goes in

• Cardiff (a) - fails to block shot which goes in

Martin Olsson - 4

• Blackpool (a)) - failed to block shot that went in...

• Cardiff (a)) - too far up the pitch - out of position - fails to get back -meaning Hooiveld and Johnson have to cover

• Wolves (a) - makes silly tackle from behind gets booked - tackles player from behind which leads to penalty

Bradley Johnson - 4

(Charlton (h))

• Made no attempt to block shot on goal which went into goal - stood still and allowed player to shoot

• Blackpool (a) - Johnson stood on the line - didn''t prevent ball going in.

• Cardiff (a) - gives away ball - which leads to Cardiff scoring - fails to win ball back and make interception...

• Blackburn (h) - fails to win header - which leads to player knocking it down to Cairney who scores volley

John Ruddy - 3

• (Rotherham (h)) - Brought down player - gave away a penalty

• Birmingham (h)) - Ruddy fails hold ball - as he spills it and it rolls over the line

• Blackpool (a)) - Ruddy comes off his line - fails to block shot

Alex Tettey - 1

• Birmingham (h))

Tettey allows player to shoot - stands back and doesn''t block shot.

Wes Hoolahan - 2

• Cardiff (a))

Gives ball away - Cardiff score

• Bournemouth (h) - fails to close down player who releases ball down right wing

Redmond - 1 (Bournemouth (h))

• Fails to block cross which leads to goal

Russell Martin - 2

• Cardiff (a))

Gives ball to Hoolahan - who is tackled and loses ball - Cardiff score

• Bournemouth (h)) - out of position - doesn''t mark Wilson on far post in the box who has free tap in

Hooiveld - 1

• Cardiff (a)

Fails to block Kenwyn Jones cross which leads to goal

Steven Whittaker - 1

• Bournemouth (h) - out of position - fails to mark Wilson on far post who has free tap in

These statistics show that Norwich have big problems in their defence Martin Olsson and Michael Turner have made more mistakes than most individuals. Russell Martin is just as bad. We need either go with a different partnership in our defence - start with Ryan Bennett when he is fully fit and bring back Bassong from Watford - or play Cuellar or Miquel...

If Norwich can sort out their defensive problems they will gain more points and win more games...

Agreed, miggins. How curious that more goals are conceded when a defender makes a mistake than when a striker or midfielder does it. It is seriously concerning that our defenders'' mistakes get punished in this way more frequently than when our strikers do. It''s almost as if...as if there are fewer players providing cover behind defenders than there are behind midfielders and strikers(!) Adams must do something with the shape of the team to rectify this.

If only we had defenders like every other team in the Championship, who never make mistakes...ever!

Oh, and PERHAPS IF I WRITE LOADS OF GUFF IN CAPITALS PEOPLE WILL TAKE ME MORE SERIOUSLY!!!?

As we have only conceded 12 goals I don''t quite get the OP''s list, it appears there are more than 1 player being ''blamed'' for each goal. which is of course possible but for example against Bournemouth: Russ Martin and Whittaker both failed to mark Wilson who had a tap in. If they both marked him then that would be wrong too, surely only one is supposed to mark him, oh and BTW forwards are paid to lose their marker and score goals.

Then it appears against Cardiff; Russ Martin gave the ball to Hoolahan who is then tackled and loses it, both being ''blamed''by the OP, and again BTW players are paid to tackle and win the ball!

Am I missing something here? as it appears to me we could say Jerome passed it left at the KO, which led to a goal!!

Chip20 wrote the following post at 22/10/2014 5:22 PM:

If only we had defenders like every other team in the Championship, who never make mistakes...ever!

Oh, and PERHAPS IF I WRITE LOADS OF GUFF IN CAPITALS PEOPLE WILL TAKE ME MORE SERIOUSLY!!!?

------------------------

:)