Sign in to follow this  
Craig Brown

DODGY MICHAEL TURNER

I have just the video highlights - Turner again has made a big mistake - Leeds had a throw in - and Turner just heads the ball straight to another player. That is now two games in a row that Turner has made mistakes and it has cost us.

Turner needs to be dropped. He is not performing. He is making silly mistakes. Adams can''t tolerate it - he needs to bring in another centre back. For goodness sake - just bring back Bassong - he can''t do any worse than Turner...

You''re being a WUM, right?

Anyway, only 2 months in but I''d struggle to see beyond Turner for POTS at the moment.

Bassong can''t do any worse than Turner. Bassong was named player of the year for us remember If I were Adams I would be on the phone to Watford - we need to recall Bassong. If a player keeps making big mistakes that lead to a team conceding goals then that player needs to be dropped. Its just one mistake too many for Turner. He can''t keep doing it and getting away with it.

Craig Brown wrote the following post at 22/10/2014 1:11 PM:

Why doesn''t Adams try Cuellar and Martin or Miquel and Martin?

Ummmm.... because they are not as good as Turner?

What do you base that on - what evidence have you seen to suggest that Miquel and Cuellar are not as good as Turner? I don''t think most Norwich fans have watched Cuellar and Miquel play regular first team games - because they are new to the club. Miquel and Cuellar have not had a chance to form a defensive partnership with Martin.

I have to agree thi Turner love fest is beyond me.

He''s slow on the foot and slow in the footballing brain.

No doubt he''s good in the air but his headers go into space normally being filled by the opo''s.

I don''t think he''s a bad defender just one who is making the mistakes which have cost us.

I said last night having shouted my arse off at Turner as it happened in front of us, just head it out........head it out.

[quote user="GJP"]

Anyway, only 2 months in but I''d struggle to see beyond Turner for POTS at the moment.

[/quote]

Agree. Turner has been one of the few players (other than Howson or maybe Redmond) to look a cut above championship level

The sad thing is matey.....I saw it coming when it bounced I shout head it out......maybe a megaphone would have helped.

I just wish defenders go with safety first, that header was inexcusable in my book.

The thing is he had to head in, he probably couldn''t have waited for it to drop, running on towards his own goal, he tried to header it to whittaker by the looks of it, perhaps should''ve headed it behind Martin so that we could go back to the GK?

I''m presuming the OP is that total berk who called in to Canary call last month. No one could believe you would swap Turner for Bassong and the same stands now. He may have been at minor fault for the goal last night... but he was his usual decent self yesterday. Great in the air and got stuck in when it mattered. Sort your head out OP... Bassong is not only past it, but also history at this club. OTBC

[quote user="Indy"]I said last night having shouted my arse off at Turner as it happened in front of us, just head it out........head it out.[/quote]I''ve been having a fairly lousy day up until now but that actually made me laugh out loud. You mean he didn''t heed your advice, Indy? Perhaps he couldn''t decide, in that fleeting moment, between your instruction and the conflicting advice from the equally vociferous gent three rows back and slightly to the left? Maybe the Club can get you a more prominent location in the ground where your moment-by-moment guidance could carry more weight; perhaps...in the technical area right next to the gaffer.

perhaps may I suggest, an ear piece, so you can direct your instructions straight to him so that there is no confusion whether he has heard you or not.

If in doubt hoof it out!

I''m glad I''m making some people laugh, to be honest I was peed when he gave it away and when they scored it confirmed what I saw coming.......I know you will scoff and take the mick but it was sods law it was going to happen.

tbf I think everyone has come to expect; total dominance of the game, very little chances, a goal scored and a goal where we''ve shot ourselves in the foot. We expect this because of the way we play; we aren''t aggressive enough

I''m sorry, Indy. While the comment did literally make me laugh, I was just being mischievous with my response. I know what you were saying and, if we are honest; we all do it. It is frustrating as a fan when you can see something coming a mile off.:-)OTBC.