Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

squad is good enough for automatic promotion

"squad is good enough for automatic promotion", I wish people would not say that !It rankles with me in the same way as "we''re too good to go down"  and "Back where we belong"  None of it is true, it''s just believing too much in your team.If someone at the start of the season had said to me that at the end of October we would be in a play-off position and 4 points off the top, I''d have been happy with that.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]"squad is good enough for automatic promotion", I wish people would not say that !It rankles with me in the same way as "we''re too good to go down"  and "Back where we belong"  None of it is true, it''s just believing too much in your team.If someone at the start of the season had said to me that at the end of October we would be in a play-off position and 4 points off the top, I''d have been happy with that.[/quote]The ""squad is good enough for automatic promotion", that''s a very reasoned claim.What I think you are mistaking, is that the thought following that observation is that it we therefore will achieve automatic promotion.No one I know or have read on here is stating that.So I will ask you, do you think our " squad is good enough for automatic promotion", or not ?