Sign in to follow this  
Clint

What Had Happened To Elliott Bennett?

I''m not saying he''s a world beater but surely worth a place on the bench as can play in a number of attacking positions?

he was in yellas before kick off having a meal with wes, ryan bennett and a couple of others one i thing was cuelar in their norwich track suits , didnt look like he''d be troubling the match day squad any time soon...

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Like so many players in the past, the longer he doesn''t play the better he will get![/quote]

David Fox must make Messi look Sh*t by now then!

I think he''s worth a go at least from the bench in the next match. Redmond has lost form and has continually found end product elusive. Maybe giving Benno a try might kick him into shape. Whilst Redmond is far more talented, Benno is the more complete player. Perhaps we don''t need Redmonds excellent dribbling at this level if all we get is a poor cross or wayward shot at the end. perhaps Bennetts alright dribbling and pace that gets him a couple of crossing and shooting chances a game less than Redmond may be used to more effect.

The cracks in our seemingly perfect championship squad are appearing and it''s a key time for the players to knuckle down and show a bit of mettle now. If it really is down to bad luck that we''ve come away with 3 points from the last 4 games despite managing 20 shots average per game then we''ll come through this and beat our competitors on our way to promotion. Luck has a way of levelling out a bit over 46 games.

At least Ipswich''s bubble looks to have burst. Poxy little club they are!

Did seem particularly strange on a night where we decided to go with 2 out and out wingers that we wouldnt have another on the bench should we have wanted to maintain that system for the whole 90 mins. Surely Bennett should have been there to replace Murphy/Redmond when they tired?. Instead we had 3 central midfielders on the bench including both Johnson and O''Neil.....it possibile situation were we ever going to need both of them last night??

personally id start him on the wing with redmond.

i like murphy as an impact and adams was well within is right to give him a go, no doubt with time he will turn into a quality footballer. but bennetts injuries seem to have overshadowed some memorable performances by him.

He''s had a whole season off - it is bound to take a while to get his full confidence back and Redmond is going to be hard to shift out of the team. I wouldn''t write him off yet.

I know its been said before, but with Whittaker seemingly struggling for form and |Martin preferred at centre back, Bennett could make a neat tidy and quick right back in the Ashley Cole mould, albeit on the right side.    If he has lost a bit of edge in attack, it could be the way forward for him - and he would still get plenty of opportunity to get forward to support attacks. 

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Like so many players in the past, the longer he doesn''t play the better he will get![/quote]

That''s how I see it. This week I read that Ryan Bennett is now the best defender at the club. I never read that when he was playing regularly! Now Wes is injured he''ll get good again and before long the games will once again be "crying out for Wes" like they were when he wasn''t playing last season. Wes is the best at the club though...

I like many was looking forward to elliotts return however so far he looks like a shadow of the player that appeared against everton last season.

It looks like the injury has taken more from him than expected as his rare few minutes for the first team have been underwhelming - Murphy is rightly ahead of him as a wide player and playing him at right back is an u21/cup team experiment to try before risking it in a league game where martin is clearly our best option.

And if Ryan is teh answer to our cb problems then what is the question???   and how poor must that make cuellar,  hooiveld and iggy!