Sign in to follow this  
Robert Rosario

NEW STAND

What a naff name for the new stand, ie ''NEW STAND''. I know its only temporary but why on earth cant we call it the DELIA SMITH stand sponsored by whoever. Much more appropriate considering what Oh ah Delia has done for the club over the last few years.

The Delia Smith Stand as a temporary name or perhaps even permenant would be a great idea because the away fans would also have to sit there and although Delia is a saint in terms of Norwich City and the Queen of English Cuisine, she isn''t popular with many people when it comes to football and the away fans would have to sit in the Stand carrying her name which hopefully would p**s them off

It''s the South Stand same as it''s the Barclay End and the River End

Nice idea byanother postee though who suggested it could be named after a very loyal servant of the club Arthur South

Otherwise lets keep our own names and traditions

What next ?

Allowing a sponsor to change the gound name ?

Colmans tried it before Carrow Rd was built by asking that the new ground be named the mustard pot in retrurn for a hefty donation

I think it is important to gain a sponsor for the new groud. The revenue gained from such sponsorship rights could be huge. I believe the board will wait and see if we get to the Premiership before deciding on a new name. If we are in the Premiership the money raised will be larger, if we are not it would still be much needed revenue for N.W to spend on the team!
Don''t get me wrong, if we could find a sponsor who would pay for advertising rights only and not the name it would be better but I think that is unlikely. As football supporters we must be careful not to allow the modern, comercial driven world to take away the heart of our club, however, we must NOT be backward thinking. I don''t care if the new stand is called the McDonalds stand as long as the atmosphere and the team is right. OTBC

I am sure that the majority of people will disagree with me, but i think it would be nice to name the stand after someone like arthur south. i admire the way in which peterborough have POSH on their shirts, and if we get promoted its not as if we are going to suffer fomr the huge losses. Therefore it would say more about the club to have an arthur south stand as opposed to the macdonalds stand. then again in division 1 i suppose we need all the money we can get. i think it is a question of whether we want to squeeze every single penny out of every single possible source of revenue or not
as for a temporary name, i''m all for the delia stand, although often i feel mr wynn jones never gets the credit he deserves - after all, he converted delia into a norwich supporter

My point was that I don''t care so much if anybody wants to sponsor it. Not too bothered who they are just as long as our fans remember who WE are.

I cringe every time I hear City fans call the River End the N @ P stand.

We are City never mind what is plastered on the shirts. We are not Proton, N & P OR Poll & Withey so please retain a little pride in what is ours.

Sorry everyone to use this as a separate chat but in reply to what you asked fetchyafathersgun or Alex which ever one you prefer, I am James Long yes but i come from Attleborough, 15 miles South of Norwich.