Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Hopefully Tuesday demonstrated the need for Hoolahan,,,,

Hoolahan has been somewhat criticised for the majority of this season. He''s had a couple poor performances but overall i''ve been pretty happy with him.

And i thought Tuesday demonstrated just how important he is.

Hoolahan makes us less predictable. It was too easy for Leeds to get men behind the ball because the pattern of play was ridiculously obvious. Move it from defence, into midfield, out to the wing, then ball in / cut inside.

We done nothing through the midfield. Howson had a good game but he wasn''t played in an advanced position so we still missed that threat through the middle.

At least with Hoolahan it gives us an opportunity to play it in and around the opponents final 3rd - his movement is integral to that.

One of the main criticisms of Hoolahan is that he slows play down. Sorry but if Tuesday is anything to go by, we''re even slower at our build up without him.

Not convinced our issues is individual players but a manager who has run out of ideas. A bit like hughton he has no plan B. I just hope mcnasty realises adams is not working before it is to late

We either go through Hoolahan or we lump it into the box. The result is we''re fairly easy to work out. No Hoolahan and we''re even easier to work out.Couple the above with route one tactics and other sides can just sit back and pick us off on the counter. We hand points to other teams by making mistake after mistake through poor quality football.

I don''t think it did Hogs, I think it highlighted the fact the players are being coached in a manner of slow build up. Not attractive but something which appears that Adams wants.

I think Wes has a big part to play as others will have but we need to try to up the tempo and keep to a higher tempo until we score and then kill the game off.

Adams is today saying how good this Belgium is so if he has the ability described by Adams then he will be in that role instead of Wes.

I don''t and never have had this love fest with Wes, hes a luxury player who drifts out of games and on the odd game has a sintelating performance. An option but not the key player like a Huckerby.

Totally disagree that this proves anything about Hoolahan either way. He played for 83 minutes against Charlton and 63 minutes against Rotherham, both those teams defended like Leeds, and we scored 0 goals while he was on the pitch.

Doesn''t seem to make much difference to us scoring goals whether he is on the pitch or not.   He hardly ever scores himself, so it could be argued him being in the team puts more pressure on the other players to score.  A goal scoring attacking midfielder might be of more help...........

First of all, i''m not in agreement with those who are blaming Adams for everything and i''ll say now, i have absolutely no wish for a different manager to come in.

We need to go back to 4-2-3-1 with wes central behind the striker? Why? Because I think that''s where it works best.

We then have to mix our build up but it means we can go direct through the middle or down the flanks. Without wes we look to the wing immediately for any kind of outlet and teams sitting back just double up on our wingers. Murphy struggled with that Tuesday whereas Redmond has the ability to beat both.