SwindonCanary

Just received an email from Norwich

The email read - We would like your view on

tickets
Norwich City Football Club will be holding a

consultative meeting with a small number of supporters on Wednesday, October 29

to discuss all aspects of ticketing, including season tickets, priority

memberships and casual tickets.
Are the club beginning to worry that the crowds are dropping off ?     

Got the same, binned it. Would have applied if I wasn''t already doing something.

Actually the crowds are holding up pretty well. With the opposition taking up a smaller allocation this year, sales to home support is probably up.

Also got the email. Did not see anything sinister in it. In fact would have applied for the ballot, but living as far away as I do it is not practical.

I have been reliably informed that it is to discuss how City can accomodate the 8000 fans still clamouring to get into Carrow Road .............. who have been thwarted in the ambitiom by the wicked board who refused to expand the ground.It will also include discussions about the supposed next generation of fans - the poor little ''horphans'' and such like who have similarly been excluded from Carrow Road.And whether games ;like Birmingham and Rotherham are the best to introduvce them to a life long support of the clubOr would it be best to leave those seats empty until we return to the PL ?

ps anyone remember this bit of buffoonery"Here you go, a new stadium planned to be built on university land. The

Uni bought the land and is allowing the stadium to be built there:http://info.uwe.ac.uk/news/uwenews/news.aspx?id=1983Part

of the stadium will be a huge teaching area for the uni to use and the

football club will make millions from it. The uni is also paying the

club for use of the car park when a game isn''t being played.It seems a great idea of how to get a new stadium on the cheap and make far more non-matchday income from the stadium."
since then Bristol Rovers have been dumped out of the league, their gates have dropped even further and not a single brick has been laid ... or ever looks to be

I''ve never been concerned about our attendances since before our play off season - constant support. Many fans get concerned far to easily.

This season is still excellent for us, more so compared to our muppets down the road year after year (despite going down to the 3rd to and up to the 1st and back to their level)

If we stared hitting 24k and below for league games, I''d start to take note, 21k and below I''d be concerned but I doubt we ever will now.

Look at this season and compare to the past 12 years:

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/attend.html

City1st
if that is right, it''s about time they did something about it.Long ago I started watching Norwich by going with my father, it was easy to get a couple of casual tickets in those days, although it was terracing then. Nowadays it''s impossible for a young kid to start as I did, for the simple reason that a week before a match there are tickets for sale but all in individual seats, so no father can seat with his son. It really needs to be sorted before these kid decide supporting Manchester Utd. on the tele is abetter option. 

I''m not too sure if you are aware SC that it was piss take of that belief.Some years back we were getting crowds of 16,000 with loads of empty seats - so where then the next generation then ?Was it a case that the club merely adjusted the price to increase demand, just as it can increase the price to maximise return on that demand ?Have the recent demand been due to success ?And if you claim there are no double tickets then that proves this ''next generation'' stuff is a myth - likewise if there is a fall off then there will be those seats available.Many who went in the 70''s, 80''s and 90''s will know plenty of newcomers who are now in their 40''s and 50''s and have only recently started going to games. And why are there empty seats now, when there weren''t in the PL seasons ?How would we we fill those 8000 extra seats now ?