Sign in to follow this  
Yarmy Charlie

Best team in the Championship

I keep reading on here that we have the best squad and should be well clear at the top by now, but then I keep reading constant moaning about players:

Whits not good enough, Turner been slated recently and Olsson''s final ball was rubbish today. BJ often being moaned about, Redmond hardly hits the target and Marmite Wes. And it seams like most would rather we had C. Martin and Holty leading the line up front!

So how come people still say we have the best team in the champs? You can''t blame Adams for everything when we''ve had the most possession and shots in every game. We had 5 good chances today, not Adams''s fault none went in.

all bar the first half at Cardiff, we have almost without exception dominated play in every game we''ve played this season...home and away, that in itself must mean we have to be one of the best teams in the league......where we''re falling down at the moment is finishing that domination off with goals. It might just be that we don''t have the best strikers in this league??....I''ve written on another thread that its time for Hooper to be given a run.....ironically ,for what its worth ,one of the best strikers in the Championship in my opinion is a certain Chris Martin, wouldnt mind him back now?!?

I went to Brentford away and came out saying ''if we don''t go up this year it will be a huge failure.'' In that game (and a couple of others) we had not played brilliantly but the individual qualities of our players had shown through enough to win games pretty comfortably.

I''ve not seen anything that changes my view on the quality of the squad but the results are not coming. Both on paper and in reality I think man for man we have a much stronger squad that any other in this division. We now need Adams to make that shine through again.

the only people who have said We have the best team in the championship is our fans...where have the media or any pundits said it?

the board have also said that we have the best team in the championship. Or to use their words; "probably the best team in the championship"

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 25/10/2014 6:47 PM:

the board have also said that we have the best team in the championship. Or to use their words; "probably the best team in the championship"

Surely you take what they say and do with a pinch of salt after they appointed Neil......don''t you Miggins?

jas the barclay king wrote the following post at 25/10/2014 6:42 PM:

the only people who have said We have the best team in the championship is our fans...

where have the media or any pundits said it?

Exactly! The same fans that moan about most of the players.

Yarmy Charlie wrote the following post at 25/10/2014 6:58 PM:

jas the barclay king wrote the following post at 25/10/2014 6:42 PM:

the only people who have said We have the best team in the championship is our fans...

where have the media or any pundits said it?

Exactly! The same fans that moan about most of the players.

You''re right Yarmy, it''s a bit of a strange one that.

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]The pundits were saying we''re the best team/have the best squad in the Championship. Can''t remember who or when, but they were.[/quote]no they didn''t....

There are few, if any, clubs at this level that wouldn''t jump at the chance to field Hooper, Grabban, Jerome, Redmond, Ruddy, Hoolahan, Tettey, Turner, Olsson, Howson or E.Bennet.