Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Must give Hooper an extended run in the team now.....

....by a distance our most clinical striker, which is clearly lacking at the moment.

Grabban ,I''m aftraid off the boil, Jerome seems to be missing more than not now...shouldnt even have given their keeper a chance with his header today.

whatever our views have been of Hooper ..he is our best striker....time to stop messing about and put him in.

he has been poor in his efforts so far this season so I am not sure he is ready to start - but def deserves some time of the bench

hope I''m wrong but I get the impression that Adams would rather try and make a strike pairing work of players that he has brought to the club himself, i.e a combination of Jerome/Grabban/Lafferty rather than give Hooper a chance?

To me Hooper looked hungry on Tues night against Leeds and linked well with Jerome.Have no idea why he didn''t start, let along not even get game time today, when Grabban is misfiring, and either way, we still hadn''t scored at 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 mins. SO try swapping a striker Adams and see if they nick you a goal!As has been said, whatever your opinion, he was top scorer for us last season, in a poor team, against better opposition. He;s done it at this level so give him a chance

Adams doesn''t know what he''s doing, we''ve put an apprentice in charge of the first team before he''s ready simple as that really

I''d rather see Grabban upfront on his own again than see Hooper in.

Unless of course there''s a great partnership to be formed between Hooper and any of the others. But Hooper upfront on his own isn''t the answer.

Hooper is alright but some of the comments you see about him makes you think we''ve got Aguero on the bench being unfairly denied a place in the team.

Hooper is best (from looking at his previous clubs) when played with another striker whereas Grabban is known for scoring as a lone striker not only for Bournemouth, but also for us, he was on fire before we played 2 up top. The worst thing we can keep doing though is playing Jerome and Grabban together. Sort it arrtt neeyyuull

Massively overrated. I know we were garbage last year, but 4 goals from open play last season was, quite frankly, pathetic.Grabban back up front by himself, with someone just behind him (preferably Wes, but obviously not for the meantime). It was all going well when we used that formation, and it got the best out of our players.

Has anyone watched Grabbans performances this season. Not one game have i seen him play and thought he looked good. Missing too many chances now, and what was with all those offsides yesterday. Will never ever be a top player. Just look at his goals. Those 2 against Blackburn, that penalty was awfull and was saved luckily he had an open goal. The second were he couldnt get past the defender from 2 yards out but luckily the rebound fell back to him. That massive deflection vs Blackpool. Decent finish vs Ipswich but was from 3 yards out and how many one on ones did he miss that day. A good lob vs Watford but the more i see of him i wonder if that was an accident. Missed that volley from like 4 yards vs Birmingham at home. To me he looks like he lacks a football brain, constantly offside, when he was up top on his own he wasnt holding the ball up, bringing others into play etc but i feel all these things were being missed because he had scored few lucky goals. I hope he does come good but maybe explain why hes spent most of his career around lower league sides. I hope he does turn into a top player but i personally cant see it happening.

I quite like Grabban. I think he''s got that sort of Grant Holt thing about him - not a great player but someone who will make things happen.

He and we were better when he played on his own upfront and since Jerome came in we haven''t gone back to trying that.

I don´t like Grabban much as a player, something I also dished out when he was freescoring. All his goals has a luck attribute to them, and he has not been impressive in his general play for us either.

The problem is that Hooper does not seem to have his head in it either. Looks like he wants away in January, and have been off form and unfit for a long time.

We just have an unfortunate collection of strikers at the moment. Jerome is not a goalscorer, never have been, but he is not working very well as a target man or a workhorse either.

None of our strikers seems to be working in pairs, but I would like to see Lafferty tried more.

Despite his height, he is not a good header of the ball though.

Maybe our best formation is a 4-2-3-1 with a lone striker, and supportive midfielders, ala Howson.

It is unfortunate that Wes is injured, as a 4-5-1 with Wes is likely our best formation overall.

Our dillydalling with 4-4-2 has not been productive at all, and it is worth noting that our form dipped, as did Grabban´s, when we went 4-4-2.

I think Adams need to forget keeping all the strikers happym and find a formation that actually works.

It requires mobile midfielders though.

Ruddy

Martin-Miquel-Turner-Olsson

Redmond-Johnson-Tettey-Howson-Lafferty

Hooper

Yes, I know, Hooper never seem to thrive as a lone striker, but, we have only seen him in that role in the Hughtonesque dull system of yesteryear.

May work differently now, if he is given a run of 3-4 games to prove himself.

Nothing suggests Grabban nor Jerome should be first choice strikers...

Really mystified that anyone thought Hooper did even ok against Leeds. Yes at Fulham I thought his movement & energy was good but against Leeds he looked back to the disinterested passenger he looked against Shrewsbury,& Saints under 21s.

I don''t know whether to laugh or cry at this "Grabban is just lucky with the goals he scores" theme. Did he get lucky 22 times last season as well?

How many were pens last season, and that is a pretty free scoirng side tho, would have rather of got Callum Wilson over Grabban.

why do people never give credit where it''s due? He scored loads at the start when he played on his own. It''s no fluke, he gets in some great areas when playing on his own.

Grabban has a poor first touch and is so wasteful, he''ll surely understand why Hooper would get in ahead? All the pre-season talk about ''competition for places is healthy''; well the chips are down - we need goals! Let''s see squad rotation in action...

Good old Norfolk saying ............. if it ain''t broke don''t mend it!

We scored goals, had lots of chances and had good movement and plenty of confidence after the Wolves game.

Then we tried to mend it.

Do think the criticisms of Grabban are a bit harsh - and even more so if the same things aren''t being said about Jerome.

Grabban is getting more than his fair share of stick.