Sign in to follow this  
Trent Canary

Is Morrison worth 2 million?

Just had a peek at some Birmingham message boards, and they think 2 million is way too much for clinton! Seeing as though we sold our second best player from last season for 1,5 million then he better be good!

Ive shamelessly stole this to give you an idea: -

"Clinton has had one decent season(at Palace, supported and set-up by Dougie Freedman) preceded by many a dire one. It may be contraversial but i think poor clinton was another case of a player being moved on by his agent/ backstabbing manager after beginning to believe he was better than he is/was for a shed load of money. he couldnt hack it in the prem, was obviously outclassed by his fellow strikers (including Heskey) and will fill a squad gap at Norwich. Norwich want up as much as the other Championship teams and I doubt they''ll sell anyone bar Ashton in January once he''s proved himself further by bagging more goals."

I wouldn''t be surprised if the fee being quoted is one of those £1 million now, £500,000 after a certain number of games and £500,000 if we get promoted type of things.

Well I hope so anyway.

Who can remember last seasons home match against birmingham, we were winning 1-0 with Ashton''s pen, Clinton Morrison came on, with about 20mins+ 2 go, and he caused problems 4 us, including striking our crossbar! He is a good finisher, he''s quick, good passer etc 

So is Morrison worth 2m?...i believe he is, he is still only 26, he has all the qualities and if he does arrive we will provide very good competition with Mckenzie and Ashton!

[quote]I wouldn''t be surprised if the fee being quoted is one of those £1 million now, £500,000 after a certain number of games and £500,000 if we get promoted type of things. Well I hope so anyway.[/quote]

Good point, thats probably the case. You would like to think so!

JP - I remember the game and remember he played quite well. Perhaps with an extended run in a team he might produce the goods?