Sign in to follow this  
Bill

football ground quiz

It is good. I see it from the mainline and it looks classy from a distance as well. The next time the FA need to build a stadium and it''s environs properly they know who to call.

[quote user="Essex_Canary"][quote user="Guernseycanary"]Is it Bramall Lane?[/quote]

Wow, I must try harder. First two guesses get it right!! Loving the coincidence as well!!

For my second effort

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/123up75.jpg[/IMG]

And for those using a mobile/tablet http://tinypic.com/r/123up75/8[/quote]

Without giving it away, is this one an alliterative name and somewhere Des Lynam was regularly seen?

Hate Archer!

if you are replying to my post, then no it is not where you suggestyou can always post an answer by putting up the last letters ie as with us,  it would be w d

[quote user="City1st"]where be this ?

[/quote]

That''s deffo Elm Park.

I was there one Tuesday night about 96/97 when Neil Adams scored a stunning og in the last minute to give Reading the win. He''d scored a penalty for us too earlier in the game.

[quote user="City1st"]if you are replying to my post, then no it is not where you suggestyou can always post an answer by putting up the last letters ie as with us,  it would be w d

[/quote]

Aw snap!

Sorry City 1st.

Is it too late to say **m ***k?!?!?

Loving the pics - I reckon we should put a ''reveal'' time on them so avoid excitable posters like me giving it away too soon.

memories of  a night game there and being stood at the back of the terrace when a ball landed in the garden/patio belowthe clown came out of his house and attempted to kick the ball back over the fenceonly to have it hit the back wall and bounce back and hit him !

we have played here in the last 5 years(reveal time is pm tomorrow)General view of Boundary Park, home of Oldham Athletic

One of the coldest places to watch football! *******y ***k.

Took the missus here one winter Saturday in the 90''s. A freezing, windy day and an awful performance.

We were in the middle of a crap run of form at the time and I''m pretty sure this was the last away game she went to.

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"][quote user="City1st"]where be this ?

[/quote] That''s deffo Elm Park. I was there one Tuesday night about 96/97 when Neil Adams scored a stunning og in the last minute to give Reading the win. He''d scored a penalty for us too earlier in the game.[/quote]

Adams Out!!!

Nice one KiwiScot - this is a classic for those connoisseurs of lost grounds. Amazing the terraces are still there.

I think amateur games are still played there.

Aye I walked pass it once on the way to another Stadium and could not believe it. The team reformed as an amateur team and play there on let from the council. Its a public park so I think anybody could go and have a kickabout.

[quote user="KiwiScot"]Aye I walked pass it once on the way to another Stadium and could not believe it. The team reformed as an amateur team and play there on let from the council. Its a public park so I think anybody could go and have a kickabout.
[/quote]

where was it?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="KiwiScot"]Aye I walked pass it once on the way to another Stadium and could not believe it. The team reformed as an amateur team and play there on let from the council. Its a public park so I think anybody could go and have a kickabout.[/quote]

where was it?

[/quote]The pictures posted by KiwiScot and City1st were of, I believe, Cathkin Park, formerly Hampden Park - home of the Queens Park and then Third Lanark (until the 1960s). The current Hampden Park is a couple of hundred yards away.

[quote user="Molly Windley"]A colour photo from the 70`s would perhaps have given this one away, mainly due to the lack of any green on the playing surface.[/quote]

Is it Derby (Baseball Ground) as that was one old ground I never went to???

[quote user="Essex_Canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="KiwiScot"]Aye I walked pass it once on the way to another Stadium and could not believe it. The team reformed as an amateur team and play there on let from the council. Its a public park so I think anybody could go and have a kickabout.[/quote]

where was it?

[/quote]The pictures posted by KiwiScot and City1st were of, I believe, Cathkin Park, formerly Hampden Park - home of the Queens Park and then Third Lanark (until the 1960s). The current Hampden Park is a couple of hundred yards away.[/quote]Yes. Home of Third Lanark.

[quote user="Molly Windley"]A colour photo from the 70`s would perhaps have given this one away, mainly due to the lack of any green on the playing surface.[/quote]

mud ?

check the picture of the goalie on 32 secshere