Sign in to follow this  
Bill

football ground quiz

cheers mollyif you could hold fire, I will give the ''lesser mortals'' another cluewhich is - Camb Utd

Dont tell me i have connections with LDC, I also used to walk across thorpe rec to go to school, and spent most of my teenage years hanging there.what school LDC I m guessing either Hillside in one direction or Thorpe grammar ,secondary or comp (depending on year)in the other.What has happened to pages 3 and 4 of this thread they disappear off my screen, this website is shocking

[quote user="lake district canary"]Hillside Ave School, to 1967, Mrs Stannard, Mrs Wright, Mr Chase, Miss Groom, Mr Loveday to name a few. Thorpe Grammar thereafter......jumpers for goalposts.......[/quote]In a more innocent age maybe but I doubt there''s many teachers called Chase and Groom left in classrooms these days.......[:(]

oi, get orf my thread !this is a football grounds quiz not ruddy friends re-united

[quote user="lake district canary"]Hillside Ave School, to 1967, Mrs Stannard, Mrs Wright, Mr Chase, Miss Groom, Mr Loveday to name a few. Thorpe Grammar thereafter......jumpers for goalposts.......[/quote]

No!!!!! I know all of those, I also went from Hillside then to Thorpe grammar but was at hillside to 1971

[quote user="City1st"]oi, get orf my thread !this is a football grounds quiz not ruddy friends re-united

[/quote]

dont get too upset! or do you shout at others in the pub if the conversation changes course

City 1st, I''ve got a VHS copy of Rejected FC and, with your extra clue, I am 99% certain where this is.

Would 1970 add a bit more context to the clue..?

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]City 1st, I''ve got a VHS copy of Rejected FC and, with your extra clue, I am 99% certain where this is.

Would 1970 add a bit more context to the clue..?[/quote]certainly wouldas might -''having cowardly neighbours who are a little chicken''  (a clue)

ps not Fratton Park

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="lake district canary"]Hillside Ave School, to 1967, Mrs Stannard, Mrs Wright, Mr Chase, Miss Groom, Mr Loveday to name a few. Thorpe Grammar thereafter......jumpers for goalposts.......[/quote]

No!!!!! I know all of those, I also went from Hillside then to Thorpe grammar but was at hillside to 1971[/quote]Same path as you both but left Hillside in 1970.

The triangle bit on the stand roof makes .e think it could be a ground where I went to see us play on boxing day in the 70s. One of the original members of football league?

This is a really tough one!

I''ve come up with, in no particular order...

Brisbane Road - Leyton Orient

Goodison Park - Everton

Molineux - Wolves

But I think out of the three it could be our old gold friends from the midlands?

it was Bradford Park Avenue''s groundwho were voted out of the league in 1970 and replaced by Camb Utdand their neighbours were Bradford City - the bantams (little chicken)next one

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/30/Maine_road_kippax_1930s.jpg

now now, young master wally windsockthat is not joining in the spirit of thingsI expect you were the sort of nasty little boy who told the other children that there was no father christmas

[quote user="City1st"]it was Bradford Park Avenue''s groundwho were voted out of the league in 1970 and replaced by Camb Utdand their neighbours were Bradford City - the bantams (little chicken)next one

[/quote]OK. Which player, then with Bradford Park Avenue, did we try to buy in the mid-1960s? Instead he went to a rival Division Two team, with whom he won the Division One title twice, played in the European Cup (reaching the semi-final) and was capped twice for England.As a follow-up, name another Yorkshire ground (excluding Hull''s Boothferry Park), no longer used for League football, at which we played within the last 50 years.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="City1st"]it was Bradford Park Avenue''s groundwho were voted out of the league in 1970 and replaced by Camb Utdand their neighbours were Bradford City - the bantams (little chicken)next one

[/quote]OK. Which player, then with Bradford Park Avenue, did we try to buy in the mid-1960s? Instead he went to a rival Division Two team, with whom he won the Division One title twice, played in the European Cup (reaching the semi-final) and was capped twice for England.As a follow-up, name another Yorkshire ground (excluding Hull''s Boothferry Park), no longer used for League football, at which we played within the last 50 years.[/quote]Er, Rotherham and Doncaster also excluded! I am looking for a ground at which we didn''t play many times...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="City1st"]it was Bradford Park Avenue''s groundwho were voted out of the league in 1970 and replaced by Camb Utdand their neighbours were Bradford City - the bantams (little chicken)next one

[/quote]OK. Which player, then with Bradford Park Avenue, did we try to buy in the mid-1960s? Instead he went to a rival Division Two team, with whom he won the Division One title twice, played in the European Cup (reaching the semi-final) and was capped twice for England.As a follow-up, name another Yorkshire ground (excluding Hull''s Boothferry Park), no longer used for League football, at which we played within the last 50 years.[/quote]

1.      ***n  ********r (asteriks do not match letters in name)2.        there are possibly two clubs

That''s Maine Road. Been there a few times and i think saw us lose every game!!I think i can see that old woman who used to ring that ******* bell all game.

Got the player. The back of his Topps card in 1977 was the only one that featured the exotic team name of Bradford PA.

Didn''t know we tried to sign him.

How much more successful would we have been with his goals?!

As for the club, I have a couple of guesses but I don''t know if we played at either.

Both start with the same letter and both have the same suffix.

I''m going for the one that currently has a connection with a well-known brand of beer?