Sign in to follow this  
havemyhowsonit

OT- how many others think this about Sunderland?

with the errors made in the last two games for them especially the goalkeeper. How many think both games were thrown for bets?

I think it''s absolutely one of the most obvious cases.

Most of those mistakes you see on football pitches in village football.

Just got me thinking about how they went on their run towards the end of the last season. Did they throw games deliberately then come too some agreement with other teams to get the points the way they did at the end?

Something is going on in that club

no, i just think theyre a poor side who''s freakish run at the back end of last season saved them - at our expense......remember how poor they were at carrow rd last season?!.

Their team is no better this time round, if anything worse, they won''t get away with it this time.

them, Burnley and one other (hopefully QPR) for the drop.

I don''t really see your argument. The two games which sunderland could''ve thrown (southampton and now arsenal) are two opponents which they didn''t play against on that ridiculously good run at the end of last season.

If these mistakes were happening against chelsea and man united (teams which they did beat), then I''d be much more suspicious.

It''s why it''s dodgy.

I think they aren''t that bad of a side. Proven with them beating Chelsea and man united last season

They are better this year apparently. Those individual errors just looked like it was staged. Have a look at most of them. Especially the own goals and both errors from the goalkeeper Infact look at the 8-0 drubbing the goalkeeper is diving the wrong way at times.

Match fixing for sure.

Now Southamptons neighbours winning 8-0 seems a bit odd to me.

God knows only ever watch the league our team is in

Premier league and Champions league hold no interest been like this for years might watch the odd highlight but that''s my lot

[quote user="alartz"]It''s why it''s dodgy.

I think they aren''t that bad of a side. Proven with them beating Chelsea and man united last season

They are better this year apparently. Those individual errors just looked like it was staged. Have a look at most of them. Especially the own goals and both errors from the goalkeeper Infact look at the 8-0 drubbing the goalkeeper is diving the wrong way at times.

Match fixing for sure.

Now Southamptons neighbours winning 8-0 seems a bit odd to me.[/quote]

posted up minutes after the hightlights were shown last week on MOTD

here

[quote user="alartz"]It''s why it''s dodgy.

Match fixing for sure.

Now Southamptons neighbours winning 8-0 seems a bit odd to me.[/quote]LOL

[quote user="alartz"]Funny?

If bowlers in cricket can bowl deliberate no balls for money.

Then what''s stopping goalkeepers letting in goals for money?[/quote]Hilarious,You not think there''s a slight difference between throwing a ''no ball'' and letting 8 in?

If you''re going to throw a game you won''t lose 8-0... Would be far far to obvious.

Also how can it even be financially viable to bribe players to throw a game these days? They get paid so much, surely it can''t actually be profitable without the bettering patterns being so extremely obvious.

[quote user="alartz"]Fixing is the same[/quote]

in order to fix a result both teams and the officials would have to be in on it... a striker can only score in the 65th minute if he gets the chance... what if he isn''t on the pitch? what if a foul by a team mate not in on the rous further up the pitch curtails it?

A goalkeeper could supposedly rig a game but again what gaurentee have you got of a striker scoring an "easy" chance if not given it?

You also need to hope Sunderlands Lawyers dont see this thread...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]If you''re going to throw a game you won''t lose 8-0... Would be far far to obvious.

Also how can it even be financially viable to bribe players to throw a game these days? They get paid so much, surely it can''t actually be profitable without the bettering patterns being so extremely obvious.[/quote]

I am not saying that I agree with the theory ,,, but are you aware GP of how much money is bet in Asia on English football ?? It could be viable financially quite easily .

[quote user="Gingerpele"]If you''re going to throw a game you won''t lose 8-0... Would be far far to obvious.

Also how can it even be financially viable to bribe players to throw a game these days? They get paid so much, surely it can''t actually be profitable without the bettering patterns being so extremely obvious.[/quote]so why did old beaky nose from Southampton get involved in a betting scam ?now spouts out guff for sky on a Saturday afternoon without anyone seeming too botheredI doubt this was due to any betting, but it certainly looked as if the game was thrown ... for whatever reason