Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Players not staying in position

is it not time for Adams to get the players to pace out the distance between them and the other player (like a ref making the 10 yards) so they can keep in positionhow many times did I see two players right close together, or Turner leaving the back four and going into the middle fourthen there was Whittaker spoiling the formation by taking the ball so he was nearly level with Grabban, Lafferty and Howson and at the same time Tettey was almost level with Martin .... which made a 5 1 4 formationis there any wonder that we are not winning games

[quote user="City1st"]is it not time for Adams to get the players to pace out the distance between them and the other player (like a ref making the 10 yards) so they can keep in positionhow many times did I see two players right close together, or Turner leaving the back four and going into the middle fourthen there was Whittaker spoiling the formation by taking the ball so he was nearly level with Grabban, Lafferty and Howson and at the same time Tettey was almost level with Martin .... which made a 5 1 4 formationis there any wonder that we are not winning games[/quote]

Yeah, we really miss that Hughton fella, at least he used to keep players in position. 

Is that the bite you were hoiping for? 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="City1st"]is it not time for Adams to get the players to pace out the distance between them and the other player (like a ref making the 10 yards) so they can keep in positionhow many times did I see two players right close together, or Turner leaving the back four and going into the middle fourthen there was Whittaker spoiling the formation by taking the ball so he was nearly level with Grabban, Lafferty and Howson and at the same time Tettey was almost level with Martin .... which made a 5 1 4 formationis there any wonder that we are not winning games[/quote]

Yeah, we really miss that Hughton fella, at least he used to keep players in position. 

Is that the bite you were hoiping for? 

[/quote]if it had anything to do with Hughton I would have saidit doesn''t

On a previous discussion you gave me rocks for my opinion about which formation suited us best, saying that there was no such thing and it was down to players adapting to their game to do what was needed.

It''s called fluidity.

Can''t actually believe you are moaning about it. It''s the best way to play. Obviously it can cause problems, but so can a rigid formation with no movement,

Basically all formations should be fluid. An attack using one system should have that system changed when defending. A 4-5-1 can change to a 4-3-3 when on th attack and vice versa.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]On a previous discussion you gave me rocks

for my opinion about which formation suited us best, saying that there

was no such thing and it was down to players adapting to their game to

do what was needed.[/quote]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]It''s called fluidity.

Can''t actually believe you are moaning about it. It''s the best way to play. Obviously it can cause problems, but so can a rigid formation with no movement,[/quote]

oh dear

oh dearie, dear me

Go on then City 1st.   Tell us what you think - is it the players fault or the manager''s fault the players get out of position?   Last season you delighted in telling us everything wrong was down to the manager and that the players were blameless.  Well, is it the players'' fault or the manager''s??

[quote user="lake district canary"]Go on then City 1st.   Tell us what you think - is it the players fault or the manager''s fault the players get out of position?   Last season you delighted in telling us everything wrong was down to the manager and that the players were blameless.  Well, is it the players'' fault or the manager''s??

[/quote]

aha

the old double bluff

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="lake district canary"]Go on then City 1st.   Tell us what you think - is it the players fault or the manager''s fault the players get out of position?   Last season you delighted in telling us everything wrong was down to the manager and that the players were blameless.  Well, is it the players'' fault or the manager''s??[/quote]ahathe old double bluff

[/quote]Well?  What''s  the answer?

[quote user="im spartacus"]another epic fail [/quote]I would hardly call a post on a football forum epiceven then I think the word would be failurewhich as poor old fake district saysis rather ironic

ps I wouldn''t take thinks so serious if I were you

It''s seriously.

Don''t tell me you were being ironic again.

Whatever this thread was about it''s apparently gone over everyone''s head. It''s like one soldier being out of line with the rest of the platoon and concluding he must the only one in step.

He probably thought he was being clever........he may have been a few years ago.